WOJ: KG & PP traded to Nets

Re: WOJ: KG & PP traded to Nets

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

If they can stay healthy, which is a big if, I think they have a chance to come out the east. They have a nice mix of young and old players with their starting 5. And with Terry coming off the bench, that's a lot of offensive firepower. Defensively, its a bit of a question mark but I think they'll be solid.

If Miami doesn't make any changes, they're gonna be in trouble. They barely squeaked by this year. Next year, with Wade declining even further, and some of their older role players Battier and Allen also on the downward spiral, LeBron is gonna have to step up even more. Not to mention young teams like the Pacers and Bulls who are likely to improve from last year. Should be a very interesting year out east.
nthydro

Postby XXIV on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:50 am

^ That is my thought as well. The Heat so far haven't made any moves to improve their team and instead they got rid of Mike Miller who has come up huge for them when they most need it. The East is still not even close to how stacked the West is, but IND, CHI, BKN, and NYK can all compete with the Heat to some degree and they'll be even more exhausted this time around.
XXIV

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:07 am

nthydro wrote:If they can stay healthy, which is a big if, I think they have a chance to come out the east. They have a nice mix of young and old players with their starting 5. And with Terry coming off the bench, that's a lot of offensive firepower. Defensively, its a bit of a question mark but I think they'll be solid.

If Miami doesn't make any changes, they're gonna be in trouble. They barely squeaked by this year. Next year, with Wade declining even further, and some of their older role players Battier and Allen also on the downward spiral, LeBron is gonna have to step up even more. Not to mention young teams like the Pacers and Bulls who are likely to improve from last year. Should be a very interesting year out east.

Well, that's why the signing of AK-47 I thought was just as huge as bring KG, PP, & Terry for the nets because he can give Pierce some serious rest during the regular season.

Plus a lineup of this:

PG - D. Williams
SG - J. Johnson
SF - P. Pierce
PF- AK 47
C - K. Garnett

can match up real well with the smaller lineup the Heat like to start.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion