WOW Yao is definetly the next big thing...

WOW Yao is definetly the next big thing...

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:37 pm

Besides his 29 points and 9 rebounds in 26 minutes in his current game agaisnt the denver nuggets(on 11-14 shooting) he is definlety the next big thing...he should avg about 20 ppg this year if not more...Francis's numbers might decrease to 17ppg...

but Yao is tha next big thing!

who agrees with me?
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:43 pm

I do 100%. Like I've been saying, he's going to save the Center position for the NBA and carry it on after Shaquille retires.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:06 pm

YUP...agreed...he is unstoppable even at the stripe and he nearly fouled out Marcus Camby all by himself
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:08 pm

I heard he had some kind of disease and might not be able to play many more years..

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:11 pm

I agree with you. He is def. the future. The one thing that always impressed me was the respect he had for Shaquille O'Neal. That made me a respectable fan of his...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:12 pm

Posto wrote:I heard he had some kind of disease and might not be able to play many more years..

yea even tho reliable sources reported that...i think those were jus rumors cuz Yao is tearing it up...29 points and 9 rebounds in 28 minutes...thats insane
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:14 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Posto wrote:I heard he had some kind of disease and might not be able to play many more years..

yea even tho reliable sources reported that...i think those were jus rumors cuz Yao is tearing it up...29 points and 9 rebounds in 28 minutes...thats insane
No those were definitely false they were made up by some tabloid newspaper. Yao's health is perfectly fine.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:17 pm

Yao will be the next big man, after Shaq leaves, and will hold up fort until another big man comes along. They question isn't is Yao good, but it's how long will he be able to play.

Everyone knows he is weak, yes he did finally pack on some pounds this off season but he's still not strong, and he was having breathing problems over this off season(whether that's true or not, I guess we won't know until we see him play).

His biggest flaw is he isn't tough, that's what will separate him from being a good center for the next several years and him being a great center.....he doesn't want to hurt anyone or make them look bad, with that attitude he won't be able to go very far in his career.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:19 pm

He isn't tough, but for a big guy over 7 ft. tall, he has an incredible shot. He will def. be a big player for years to come...

Oh yeah, those stats that he had were incredible...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:21 pm

Yao will never be able to dominate centers. Therefore, how can he be the next best center?

He weighs 250 and that's about as big as he's gonna get. We could have the next Asian Olojuwan or we can have the next Monute Bol or Shawn Bradley.

I hope for the worst because he's not a Laker.

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:35 pm

posto-

Next best center or not he has the highest ppg vs FGA. Having taken only 19 shots to get 38 points, 3 blocks a game, that's productive....dominating i say. Shaq has a point per fga. Since you think shaq is the only center out there nobody else measures up to shaq so it's pointless to argue that mute point.

"we could have the next Olouwan" and " Yao will never be ever to dominate" Translation- Hakeem never was able to dominate. Right.

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:45 pm

Posto wrote:Yao will never be able to dominate centers. Therefore, how can he be the next best center?

He weighs 250 and that's about as big as he's gonna get. We could have the next Asian Olojuwan or we can have the next Monute Bol or Shawn Bradley.

I hope for the worst because he's not a Laker.

where did you get his weight from??? back when he was in high school??? he is currently 7'6" 310 lbs. check out espn.com
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:08 pm

That helps my case even more..

Return to NBA Discussion