WTF--Someone help me understand this please

WTF--Someone help me understand this please

Postby switzerland on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 am

LO & MB playing like starters coming off the Clipper bench. When they played for us LO was a head case & MB couldnt hit a shot in the playoffs to save his life (if he wasnt injured). :bang:

Its really painful to watch the ESPN highlights and see flashes of vintage LO & great hustle with great box scores to boot for MB.

This sucks................. :man6:
switzerland

Re: WTF--Someone help me understand this please

Postby XXIV on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

LO has been more bad than good for the Clippers this season, and Barnes always plays well during the regular season. Let's wait till the playoffs begin before we rate his play, because that's when he usually drops.
XXIV

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 am

switzerland wrote:LO & MB playing like starters coming off the Clipper bench. When they played for us LO was a head case & MB couldnt hit a shot in the playoffs to save his life (if he wasnt injured). :bang:

Its really painful to watch the ESPN highlights and see flashes of vintage LO & great hustle with great box scores to boot for MB.

This sucks................. :man6:

Relax they will revert back to the crunch time klowns they truly are when the playoff big moments come.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby trodgers on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 am

Odom was surely worthy of his minutes and starts here with the Lakers. Don't sell him short.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

trodgers wrote:Odom was surely worthy of his minutes and starts here with the Lakers. Don't sell him short.

this

odom is actually having a pretty bad season for the most part and barnes will eventually fold like he did for the lakers. never liked barnes
432J

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

trodgers wrote:Odom was surely worthy of his minutes and starts here with the Lakers. Don't sell him short.

Barnes as well. It's amazing how the negative effects of injuries (such as badly rolled ankles unless we're talking about cyborg Kobe) are so often ignored or the player blamed for the timing of his injuries. Letting Barnes go was a big mistake. How nice would it be to have his bench production instead of sucky Ebanks. Bad choice.
LTLakerFan

Postby Forklift on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 pm

i don't really understand what you mean. LO was awesome for us and even won us the 6th man of the award while playing for us the last season. He only went downhill when he was traded off to Dallas and most of the time Phil would put LO instead of Bynum at crunch time.
Forklift

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:53 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:

Barnes as well. It's amazing how the negative effects of injuries (such as badly rolled ankles unless we're talking about cyborg Kobe) are so often ignored or the player blamed for the timing of his injuries. Letting Barnes go was a big mistake. How nice would it be to have his bench production instead of sucky Ebanks. Bad choice.

Barnes left because of Mike Brown, he even said it on Twitter.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 pm

LO has been bad since he left the Lakers, but I don't understand discrediting what he did when he was with us. We don't win our 2 championships without him, he was our 3rd best player during those runs. Barnes, as mentioned, left because of Mike Brown, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason Grant Hill didn't sign here as well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Help me understand this thread.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby -G- on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Odom, perhaps one of the most underrated Lakers ever. Specifically his defense.
-G-

Return to NBA Discussion