Your NBA's Top 5 Players for each position

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:19 pm

I don't give people rankings because they won 11 rings, unless you want Robert Horry in the PF section cause he won 5 rings...as far as Bird, I must have forgotten about him. I was up really late that night, and was tired..sue me.

Kidd is too young, Nate Archibald played in the days of all stars at every position, Mo cheeks was good, but I don't think he was great, Price, haha, and as far as cousy goes, he was just too short to be included with all the modern guys...but I don't know enough about some of the older players, and I also happen to believe that most modern players are way better anyway...

I go by the most important statistic, points. I do believe that Dr. J was probably more talented, I may have made a mistake there, but basically it wasn't really rankings though, it was just 5 guys that I thought were the best...if you want you can list your own and I can come up with players you missed...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:23 pm

Hey, you want to yank somebody's b-ball IQ card, yank sealclubbers. He put Tracy "lazy eye" "No Defense" "ahead of Kobe in only 1 stat" McGrady ahead of Kobe...that's like putting Clyde Drexler ahead of Michael Jordan...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:34 pm

PG:
Magic Johnson
Isiah Thomas
Gary Payton
John Stockton
Jason Kidd

SG:
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Clyde Drexler
Allen Iverson
Jerry West

SF:
Larry Bird
Tracy McGrady
Elgin Baylor
Julius Erving
Dominique Wilkins

PF:
Charles Barkley
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Moses Malone (put here because while he was a center, he can't compete with the guys I listed...)

C:
Shaquille O'neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bill Russell
Hakeem The Dream

I think this might be more accurate, but again I don't know a lot about the older players, I am only 22...
Snakell Beast

snakell beast

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:25 am

Snakell beast, very good list. I'll call anyone out if they F up. Not to dog them, but to enlighten them. Your list is really good. I'd flip flop a couple players here and there, but nothing major. You've got them all represented (for most part). I'd put Elgin Baylor and Kevin McHale on there, but that would mean dropping some off and I can't think of who.

Check out this list of just Lakers and try to come up with a list of who could beat them:

PG: Magic
SG: West
SF: Worthy
PF: Baylor
C: Hmmmm...... do I got with Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, or Shaq? Think I'll let opposing coach pick for me. HA HA

Bench:

PG: Nixon
SG: kobe
SF: Rice
PF: McAdoo (easily the most underrated player in NBA history)
C: one of the 3 from above who didn't start

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:10 am

Thanx, yours is interesting..did you actually see Mcadoo play? GR for the Small Forward, are you sure about that? I'm not saying he was bad, but Elgin was better and he would be a small forward in today's nba, he averaged a triple double for god's sake...three times...and Kobe is better than Jerry West...honestly...he already has more rings, he will be way ahead of him when their careers are compared, but if you want to wait and see if Kobe doesn't pull a Penny Hardaway / Shawn Kemp / Danny Manning..I can understand that...
Snakell Beast

McAdoo

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:23 am

Yes, I saw McAdoo play for the Lakers / Sixers late in his career. By that time I missed his MVP season, Hall of Fame career, but when he came to LA the Laker players were openly pissed off because they said they didn't need another scorer. Well, he was just that. He could hit the open shot all day and he helped them win a couple more rings. Him not being named to Top 50 team is a travesty. Former MVP!!!! He played center, PF, and SF and could light it up.

I put Elgin at Power Forward. Yes, he woulda been a SF in today's league, but I'm not bumping Worthy off 1st team (I'm sure you understand) and that is obviously our achilles heal over the Lakers history.

Rice was only with LA for 1 1/2 years, but for his career, he was a very good player. Probably could've gave the slot to Cooper, although he played majority of time at one of guard positions. Just can't put Fox there with all those greats.

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:18 am

For all time:

How's this

Center: David Robinson
PF: Tim Ducan
SF: Sean Elliot
SG: George Gervin
PG: Magic Johnson

Unbeatable
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Lakers

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:01 am

That is a joke, right?

Robinson is not a top 5 center. Sorry. Duncan is good - I give props when they're due. THe rest don't cut it (and I'm one of the few that actually saw Iceman play). Iceman was VERY comparable to Dominique Wilkens. Could score on anyone, but NEVER played defense. If you rest on D, you should be fresh on O. Top 5 all time? ha ha Good one!

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:17 am

I think that was just an all spurs list with Magic Johnson thrown in for good measure...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:28 am

besides Magic on his list.... the other four were Laughers... LOL
where the HECK do you get SEAN ELLIOT?... lol HAHAHAHAAHA
Iceman was a great offensive player but not in the league of say JORDAN/Bird... etc. etc. Com'on... he even left our JORDAN..
the FOUR guys you mentioned (NOT MAGIC JOHNSON).... is that the TEAM of the SOFTEST PLAYERS?..... just wondering..
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:39 am

Well, forget who is on the team, I only take issue with the unbeatable comment. Put this team together and see who comes out on top between the two...

Center: Shaquille O'neal
Power Forward: Charles Barkley
Small Forward: Kobe Bryant
Shooting Guard: Michael Jordan
Point Guard: Clyde Drexler

Beat that freakin' team...you can't...because those are the 5 most all around talented players in NBA history...
Snakell Beast

Top 5

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:41 am

Drexler ?

Here is my top 3 teams of all time (center position being the hardest)

C: Shaq
PF: Karl Malone
SF: Bird
SG: Jordan
PG: Magic

2nd team:

C: kareem
PF: Barkley
SF: Dr J
SG: Kobe
PG: Isiah

3rd team:

C: Wilt
PF: McHale (go ahead and rip me, but he had best footwork ever)
SF: Baylor
SG: West
PG: Stockton

RE: best of all time

Postby TerryTeagle#20 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:45 am

Hey Snakell, I totally agree with the 5 you listed as being the most all around talented players in history, but I would love to imagine this 5 to give them a run for the money:

Center: Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Power Forward: Karl Malone
Small Forward: Larry Bird
Shooting Guard: Jerry West
Point Guard: Magic Johnson

Now that would be fun to watch! Y'all stay up, holla!

Snakell Beast wrote:Well, forget who is on the team, I only take issue with the unbeatable comment. Put this team together and see who comes out on top between the two...

Center: Shaquille O'neal
Power Forward: Charles Barkley
Small Forward: Kobe Bryant
Shooting Guard: Michael Jordan
Point Guard: Clyde Drexler

Beat that freakin' team...you can't...because those are the 5 most all around talented players in NBA history...
TerryTeagle#20

Re: Lakers

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:47 pm

kobegotskillz wrote:That is a joke, right?

Robinson is not a top 5 center. Sorry. Duncan is good - I give props when they're due. THe rest don't cut it (and I'm one of the few that actually saw Iceman play). Iceman was VERY comparable to Dominique Wilkens. Could score on anyone, but NEVER played defense. If you rest on D, you should be fresh on O. Top 5 all time? ha ha Good one!

I'm sticking with my list. MY all time team. I'd stack it up against anyone's. I put Magic on there because he would pull it all together. David and Tim would be the backbone. Nobody's getting lay-ups. Magic runs the offense, Sean can shoot, and the Iceman scored easier than anyone. (Michael and Co. had to work) Ice was the slickest. If you saw him play then you know what I mean. And you're right Robinson isn't a top five center. The Admiral is a top three center. Wilt = #1, Russell = #2, and Big Dave =#3. And even though the Lakers shut down the Alamodome, The Spurs shut down the Forum. It wasn't because of room.
Spurfanatic50

Robinson

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:56 am

Happy to see you're passionate about your Spurs, but Robinson is as close to being top 3 center all time as I am to being named new Lakers headcoach.

When did Robinson become better then Shaq ? Was it before or after Shaq dunked on him so hard that he fell down (yes, I remember).

You're right, Iceman could score easily. When you rest on Defense you usually have more energy on offense. But, I give props where they're due and he was an all time great.

For the record, Robinson rates behind Kareem, Moses, WIlt, Russell, Walton, Shaq, Reed, and Hakeem (or did you conveniently forget what Hakeem did to him?).

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:32 am

sprums fanatic is a joke

EVERYONE knows that if LA and san [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] were compared, the top 20000000000000000000000000000 players to ever play on both teams would be from the lakers, then it would be boring [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dull CHEESSYYY duncrap at the end

yes and know we all have to read a crying responce from spurms fanatic, hey punk, come and speak all of your talk at laker games, ha u probably would put on a laker jersey so ud keep the same face u had before u came to the game u lowlife
Kobe's Empire

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:06 pm

Well I'll reply to Kobegotskillz, however Kobe's Empire showed what class he has. Yea I'm passionate about my Spurs, and no I'm not crazy. Just replying to a thread. Hakeem hammered Robinson no doubt, however that was Bob Hill's fault, not Robinson. If you remember Hill left David to guard Hakeem himself. Robinson was double and tripled every time he had the ball. Why, because Rodman couldn't shoot.

Well anyway everyone has opinions.

If I'm the lowlife why are you getting sooo emotional KE.

Couldn't help it.
Spurfanatic50

sig

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:56 am

Just noticed your sig. Better the 2nd time around ? Hmmm.... I can honestly say I don't remember our 2nd one. But if your 2nd one was anything like our 14th you should be feeling pretty good. HA HA

14 - 2.... 'nuff said.

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:50 am

Well yea you got a point. You have a lot more championships. But it depends on how much those banners are coveted. You have 14, we have 2. Satisfied? Not hardly. But baby those 2 banners are going to look wonderful. Besides in the grand scheme of things how long have the Lakers been around? Since Minneapolis days. George Mikan. The Spurs have been around since what (in the NBA) 1976. We're cruising right along.

We got 2 in the last 5 years. Ya'll have 3 in the past 4 years. We need one more to catch ya'll since 1999. Pretty good I think. 2004 season, Spurs 3, Lakers 3. It remains to be seen. We'll talk about it next year at this time I'm sure.
Spurfanatic50

spurs

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:49 am

We can go back to when Spurs joined the NBA. We got 8. You still got 2.

By the way, I'm being generous giving you the two. Really 1 plus an *.

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:54 am

Well I'm blue in the face about that *. :disagree: However you're right. I'm just going back to 1999. Or should we go back to 1948?
Spurfanatic50

Postby Neumatics on Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:17 am

uh...where is ben wallace? ok, here is mine:

Center-
S.Oneal
J.Oneal
B.Wallace
M.Olawakandi
None worth mentioning

PF
Duncan
KG
Webber
Nowitzski
Rasheed

SF
Mcgrady
Peirce
Carter
Raheem
Rose

SG
Kobe
AI
Allen
Hamilton
Finley

PG
Kidd
Francis
Marbury
Payton
Nick
Neumatics

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:13 pm

and u see what calss spurms fanatic has, its a LAKER FORRRRUUMMMMM, L.A.K.E.R.S. n ot spurms, lakerrrrr. u just show ur a peasant for coming in here among winners. spurms are a joke, they will never be on top again. oh, and spurms will never even reach 14 championships, everrr.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:14 pm

oh ya, and u about class again? HEY SPURMS FANATIC, i just remember ur name coming up after the title and the series. wooowww such class. ahaha u pathetic bastard
Kobe's Empire

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:51 am

Well I suppose someone doesn't like the Spurs. Does your mom know you're up late on the computer?

I'm on a Laker Message Board because It is a basketball board! No one else seems to have a problem with me on the board except you. By the way Clublaker should back me up on this --- I was on this board last year when The Lakers had just won their third in a row. I just didn't show up when the Spurs won.

Back then you must have been in middle school. Are you still in middle school??
Spurfanatic50

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion