Allow some swearing?

Allow some swearing?

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:56 am

I'm not saying allow the BAD words, maybe allow like a$$ and $hit. LOL idk this is a funny topic, but just an idea. I think everyone is old enough here and mature enough. sorry this may be a stupid topic to you.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:46 pm

I think everyone is old enough here and mature enough. sorry this may be a stupid topic to you.

You'd be surprised... We might let some curse words back in if we have more mature discussions. The reason we banned so many words is because there were numerous members who couldn't control their mouths.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:37 pm

Yeah, before we allowed it all, but then it started getting out of control, to the point where we couldn't have good basketball talk on the site.

Personally, I think it should remain the same. 99% of the time you can say the same thing without cussing-- remember, we have younger members on the board too.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:45 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote: remember, we have younger members on the board too.

i know we do, and i don't think using a few bad words would effect them in anyway.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby clublakers on Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:59 pm

Unfortunately if we allow one bad word, we have to allow all of them. We used to when we had a smaller member base, but as we grew we learned three important lessons... swearing creates:

1) Complaint e-mails from our members
2) Loss of members (for those who don't complain but don't like it)
3) A reputation of being an immature Lakers forum and not to be taken seriously

None of these helped in our growth, but I think we have been able to ressurect our situation by outlawing the swearing.

It's not entirely the way I would have wanted it, but I think we can all agree that the survival of the board is important -- and to keep it going strong we have to accomodate all of our members, young, old, and swolswol. :man1:
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:51 am

clublakers wrote:Unfortunately if we allow one bad word, we have to allow all of them. We used to when we had a smaller member base, but as we grew we learned three important lessons... swearing creates:

1) Complaint e-mails from our members
2) Loss of members (for those who don't complain but don't like it)
3) A reputation of being an immature Lakers forum and not to be taken seriously

None of these helped in our growth, but I think we have been able to ressurect our situation by outlawing the swearing.

It's not entirely the way I would have wanted it, but I think we can all agree that the survival of the board is important -- and to keep it going strong we have to accomodate all of our members, young, old, and swolswol. :man1:

Agreed 1000%. This topic ends here.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments