Another quick clarification ...

Another quick clarification ...

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:50 am

I'd like to know about this thread as well ...

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9204&sid=f3cd3a184b4aa2f31801488a76b2b56e

Just for clarification of course. :man12:

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:39 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:T-Wolves (don't) Rule analysis: If the Lakers win its always luck, if their opponent shoots bad its ONLY because they had an off night.

:man10: :man10:

Such insightful analysis Realm ... but I guess we can't be surprised that somebody who obviously doesn't know much about basketball, wouldn't bother to put any thought into their post.

Hmmm...is that a personal attack on a member's intelligence. In realm's response to you....he was merely calling out what you had said in your initial post....there was no personal attack on you or your intelligence.

So I suggest T-Wolves Rule, that you practice what you preach and if you are seeking for shelter from us, then don't set yourself up....it was clearly seen in this thread---> Laker Analysis

This is first and foremost a site for Laker fans....hence the name ClubLakers...meaning that the commen interest around here is Pro-Laker....we welcome all fans from all over the NBA, but I am starting to suspect that all you want is attention and to get a rise out of Laker fans. That type of contribution is not the type we promote here at CL. You can always create debate, but your points in this thread are hardly unbiased. You want to debate with Laker fans and call them out, then debate with what is said and not a member's intelligence. You had no right to question his intelligence, cause clearly you are not entitled to it....no one is on this board!

So the mods will look in to personal attacks made on you...but if they were made cause you called them out, then your requests do not hold ground. In the "Rules Clarification....for us curious types" thread, I as well as CL supported the uncalled for flames made against you. But in this thread, you have brought criticism on yourself. I didn't see Realm personally flame you, but he flamed what you had said.....yet you took it to a personal level and called him basically..."dumb"

I love your passion to debate and support your team, but you constantly say in most of your posts that you "expect this type of ignorance from a Laker fan".....well I'm not seeing too much difference from a T-Wolves fan....the Lakers whooped your team with both teams having their key pieces healthy....live with it and accept that it was one hell of a win for the Lakers...don't be "ignorant" yourself and call it a fluke.

As for your personal attack on Realm....it was minor and tame compared to alot that has been said about you, but if you want to lead by example and report other members for their injust treatment of you, then I suggest you don't resort to this type of activity as well.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:08 pm

Vashashi, are you reading the same thread as me? :man3:

That link gave me a thread posted by kobegotskillz personally attacking futurefelon Kobe...

The staff will look into this thread, but I'm curious which link you clicked on Vasashi... :freak2:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Vashashi, are you reading the same thread as me? :man3:

That link gave me a thread posted by kobegotskillz personally attacking futurefelon Kobe...

The staff will look into this thread, but I'm curious which link you clicked on Vasashi... :freak2:

Nah I read that thread BDG....and kobegotskillz, well now he's gotproblemz....but aside from that thread, I want Twolves Rules to practice what he preaches....

Check out this thread: Lakers Anyalysis

I hope this clears up any confusion...I had provided this same link in my prior post, but I guess you overlooked it BDG....I just want Twolves Rules to act in the professional manner he has been acting like, since he got here...but for him to question a member's intellect and basically call them "stupid" is also a personal attack....it is much more milder than the attacks he has received from other members, but still Twolves Rules attacked someone on a personal level and that is a flame...."Practice what you Preach!"....thats all I'm saying

Also, he put himself in a position for HIS POST (not him) to get attacked....in that thread Realm attacks what Twolves Rules said in his post and then Twolves goes on to proceed in attacking Realm PERSONALLY...so the mods gotta look into that as well....Its pretty simple...you can't expect to write something defaming the Laker's impressive back-to-back wins and not get heat for it by Laker fans on a Laker website....I mean come on...members attacked what he said about the Lakers wins and he then proceeds to attack them (not as maliciously, but still attacked them) on a personal level.....thats a FLAME if I ever saw one!

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
soniclude wrote:http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9139&highlight=

futurefelonKobe wrote:I don't expect you pig-headed, closed-minded Laker fans to believe me, but the story is true. It was at a place in Maui where we talked to this woman.

Hmm... practice what you preach?

Sonic ... there's some difference between calling "Laker Fans" pig headed ... and calling an individual pig headed.
(This is exactly what you should do...call Laker fans "unintelligent and ignorant, but don't single out one particular member...Practice what you Preach)

Laker Fans are constantly attacking the "Fans" of other teams with alot worse comments than "Pig Headed". Yet, none of those get mentioned.

Perhaps attacks of any kind should be avoided, but let's not equate what Future did to the personal attacks that were made towards him. It's not the same thing.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:26 pm

Ok, I get you now. Thanks for clearing it up.

The staff's gonna discuss all of this.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:17 am

Vasashi ...

Apparently, you too are unable to discern between a personal attack, and calling into question someone's basketball knowledge.
Just a quick refresher ... this IS a basketball forum ...
Am I now to understand that calling into question someone's basketball knowledge ... on a basketball forum ... is now akin to calling someone a "racist pig", "ignorant troll", "redneck", or "F'ed up relative or idiot"??
You suggest that Realm's "Analysis" was in direct response to mine ... Did you even read mine? ... because if you did, even you couldn't possibly suggest that Realm's response had any semblence of "Analysis" to it. He was completely unable to correctly state a single one of the ideas that I had put forth ... yet to you, this is insightful analysis?? ... To me, it is nothing more than another ignorant attempt at a post.
We're apparantly not supposed to make personal attacks such as calling someone an idiot or stupid. However, calling someone ignorant ... especially under the realm of Basketball (No pun intended) ... must of necessity fall under a different catagory.
You say that I basically called him "Dumb" ... and yet I did not. And anyone who reads what I wrote can plainly see that. I mention nothing about his overall intelligence, but clearly refer only to his basketball knowledge.
And in the greatest irony of them all ... you seek to chastise me for calling out the ignorance of another member, while you chose to do the same thing to me just three paragraphs later.
So not only do YOU not practice what you attempted to preach, you make false accusations, and are incapable of reading comprehension to even the most minor degree ...
I think you will be ignored from now on ... till you are able to bring a valid argument to the table.

And btw ... to any and all CL staff who happen here ...
If calling into question the basketball knowledge of the members here (i.e. ... suggesting that some posts, or members are ignorant) is going to be considered flaming or a personal attack, then that's fine. I'd just like clarification on that as well ... since it happens on a constant basis and I'd like to know where the line is to be drawn.

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:57 am

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:T-Wolves (don't) Rule analysis: If the Lakers win its always luck, if their opponent shoots bad its ONLY because they had an off night.

:man10: :man10:

Such insightful analysis Realm ... but I guess we can't be surprised that somebody who obviously doesn't know much about basketball, wouldn't bother to put any thought into their post.

Above is what Realm said in response to what you said about how the Lakers win was not impressive as it looked. He is commenting on what you SAID and then you go and proceed to attack his B-ball IQ....umm how is what you said about the Laker victories superior in B-ball IQ to what Realm said. And now i'm not worth acknowledging...you are gonna ignore me....that's great, I'm happy you said that.

People should start ignoring you and your ignorance. Have I once said KG is a wack player and doesn't deserve the MVP....haven't I given the T-wolves their props when they deserve it...you dig up my past posts, I know what I have said. On the flip side, you can't give the Lakers their due, when they deserve it...you wanna say that the Kings and Wolves both had bad shooting nights and that the Lakers D is not supposed to be credited for that...PLEASE! Stop calling Laker fans ignorant if you can't detach yourself from your affinity towards your own team and comment on true B-Ball brilliance.

Question your own B-ball IQ, before you question someone else's. You frankly have no right. Go ahead and ignore me....see if I care! I just want to point out that you make all these posts and call members on this board "ignorant" without any substantial evidence. Yet you go and do the same thing with your "unbiased analysis"!

As of right now, am I attacking you...or what you said?....think about it! I know you won't respond back to me, cause I'm currently being ignored by you, but at least think about it.

And on one last note for your "unbiased analysis"....you said the Lakers D can't be credited for the blowout wins they have been recently getting....okay lets look at some facts....in their current 9 game win streak, the Lakers have held their opponents below 100 in 5 of them, with the exceptions being two overtime wins (against Orlando and Milwaukee) and the Clippers (giving up a 100 and 103)! In fact in four of those 5 games, the Lakers held their opponents below 90 (with only Sac scoring 91, while your very own T-Wolves being the only team in this 9 game win streak to score below 80). You can call that poor shooting, but don't shooters go up against some type of defense...why don't these shooters move closer in range or try driving in and attempting to lay-up or dunk the ball, if they can't get it done from outside?....could it be Shaq's massive palms swatting them away, or Malone's quick hands knocking the ball out, Fisher taking charges, Kobe and GP leading their men right into the SWAT Zone....hmmm!...think about it :man7: ....the Lakers Defense deserves some type of recognition here. In this current 9 game win streak, the Lakers have averaged beating the opposition by 10 points (9.7 to be exact)....pretty much convincing victories!

So unless you want to bust out other statistics that PROVE the Lakers Defense was not one of the main contributors to their impressive wins, then your "expert unbiased analysis" is moot!

Basketball IQ 101....if you gonna say something, back it up!

Show him my (CL) motto: Come strong!

Your Laker analysis...well its pretty weak and you provide nothing factual, besides your High B-ball IQ, to back it up! Word of advice....if you gonna bring it....bring it stronger! I know that you have seen the opening vid by BDG...That CL motto is up there for a reason.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments