??? Asian Thread closed? Injustice!!! LOL

??? Asian Thread closed? Injustice!!! LOL

Postby davriver290 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:06 pm

I'm sorry but what exactly happened? It was a nice little thread. Oh well great run.

I just would like to know exactly why they wanted it locked?
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:22 pm

1.It was locked because of all the girl pictures, which people here know not to post, it was doing fine without them.

2.They aren't going to tell you who wanted it locked.

3.This will get locked because when you're thread gets locked you're supposed to just move on and not ask why.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:23 pm

moving
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Chicano on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Weezy wrote:2.They aren't going to tell you who wanted it locked.
That's what really SHOCKED me the most more than anything, well in fact, nothing else did, just that, but seriously.. I just have a hard REAL HARD time believing someone would actually ask realm to close it.. who the HEII would do that? :man10: & for what reason? just hilarious.
Chicano

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:45 pm

Chicano wrote:
Weezy wrote:2.They aren't going to tell you who wanted it locked.
That's what really SHOCKED me the most more than anything, well in fact, nothing else did, just that, but seriously.. I just have a hard REAL HARD time believing someone would actually ask realm to close it.. who the HEII would do that? :man10: & for what reason? just hilarious.

there are some people that don't like pictures like that becuase of religion doesn't allow them to look at half naked woman. they may not want to say it open becuase of afraid of ridicicule.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Chicano on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:06 pm

I suppose the temptation is too much for em' eh?

Not that it has anything to do with it really, but I always wondered when they find out certain people are gay, and they try to make them straight, what are some methods they use. For example, some big time evangelist or something like that, named Ted Haggard was busted a few years ago & from rumors I heard, it was said that they forced him to watch a ton of dirty movies with amazingly gorgeous women and tried to transform him straight that way more than anything, not sure if it ever worked for him though.
Chicano

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Chicano wrote:I suppose the temptation is too much for em' eh?

Not that it has anything to do with it really, but I always wondered when they find out certain people are gay, and they try to make them straight, what are some methods they use. For example, some big time evangelist or something like that, named Ted Haggard was busted a few years ago & from rumors I heard, it was said that they forced him to watch a ton of dirty movies with amazingly gorgeous women and tried to transform him straight that way more than anything, not sure if it ever worked for him though.
What the..... :freak2: :man10:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby blakeruns on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:03 pm

LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:

keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Satan on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:22 pm

strikemode14 wrote:there are some people that don't like pictures like that becuase of religion doesn't allow them to look at half naked woman. they may not want to say it open becuase of afraid of ridicicule.

if people dont like lookin at something, isnt the best solution for them not to look at it?

i understand the rules and have no issue with them

i just cant stand folks who disagree with something and instead of just avoiding it for themselves they try and force everyone else to live by their standards.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Kingsama on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 am

Satan wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:there are some people that don't like pictures like that becuase of religion doesn't allow them to look at half naked woman. they may not want to say it open becuase of afraid of ridicicule.

if people dont like lookin at something, isnt the best solution for them not to look at it?

i just cant stand folks who disagree with something and instead of just avoiding it for themselves they try and force everyone else to live by their standards.

i agree with satan, if the pictures are not violating the TOS or the family friendliness of the boards then citing religious or even just preference of members as a reason to lock a thread is a mute point, if you dont like it then dont look at it. why is the asian thread locked, but hte Pretty Woman fantasy draft allowed to happen not once but twice?

Further more i find the locking of the Muslim thread as far more appauling. If it was thread about christians it would be open and there would be very open discussion about it, some would be down right slanderous(which happens all the time). Adversely if it was a thread about about evolution or athiest the same thing would be allowed. Why are muslims immune from frank discussion?

choose a stance on both issues and stick with it...
Kingsama

Postby nicehair911 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:50 pm

blakeruns wrote:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:

Yeah that was so random...
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby Barnstable on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Kingsama wrote:
Satan wrote:

i agree with satan, if the pictures are not violating the TOS or the family friendliness of the boards then citing religious or even just preference of members as a reason to lock a thread is a mute point, if you dont like it then dont look at it. why is the asian thread locked, but hte Pretty Woman fantasy draft allowed to happen not once but twice?

Further more i find the locking of the Muslim thread as far more appauling. If it was thread about christians it would be open and there would be very open discussion about it, some would be down right slanderous(which happens all the time). Adversely if it was a thread about about evolution or athiest the same thing would be allowed. Why are muslims immune from frank discussion?

I think that was a bit different because it was starting out as a bunch of severly offensive questions and acusations. Ususaly the Christian threads don't start out like that.

If a Christian thread started out asking "why you worship a rapist, etc.." it would get locked right off the bat too.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Kingsama wrote:

Simple put the OP might as well put F U stupid muslim jerks on the topic and it would have been less offensive. That was flame, warn, and ban city.

IF a topic wants to say Are there any musliums and that's that then go for it but, to ask such pretty crazy questions just no way.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Kingsama on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:03 pm

whats the difference between the muslim thread and the countless threads that approach christianity the same way? or atheists?

its a double standard...
Kingsama

Postby Barnstable on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Kingsama wrote:whats the difference between the muslim thread and the countless threads that approach christianity the same way? or atheists?

its a double standard...

I've seen no threads that started out that badly against Christians and allowed to continue. If someone made simmilar accusations in the middle of the thread it's a diffrent story and delt with differently.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Kingsama wrote:whats the difference between the muslim thread and the countless threads that approach christianity the same way? or atheists?

its a double standard...

I haven't seen a topic that has started out that way the muslium topic. It was pretty bad/

Even the last parting sentence about the pedophile and racist thing was just bad.

If a topic started like that then we would shut it down. Usually after the christian relgion topics get too hot we shut them down.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby KGB on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Kingsama wrote:
This is some real crackhead logic. I understand not wanting the double standard but wanting to keep a thread like that open? If a thread flaming Christians was left open like you said then hope to get that closed AND the one you just mentioned. Not both of them open when they are obviously wrong :disagree:
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby Chicano on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm

nicehair911 wrote:
blakeruns wrote:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:

Yeah that was so random...
Rofl.
Chicano

Postby Kingsama on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:46 pm

KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:
This is some real crackhead logic. I understand not wanting the double standard but wanting to keep a thread like that open? If a thread flaming Christians was left open like you said then hope to get that closed AND the one you just mentioned. Not both of them open when they are obviously wrong :disagree:

your sentence is a bit choppy and its not crack head logic, its either a level playing field or its not. Threads equally antagonitic to the muslim thread are opened all the time and nothings done. Make a muslim thread = locked. bash a christian or even ahtiest bashing thread = open. Either lock em all or leave em all open. Logic says have the same standard. Heck there are threads that are about soldiers that are just as bad that stay open. All i ask for is fairness...
Kingsama

Postby KGB on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Kingsama wrote:
KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:

your sentence is a bit choppy and its not crack head logic, its either a level playing field or its not. Threads equally antagonitic to the muslim thread are opened all the time and nothings done. Make a muslim thread = locked. bash a christian or even ahtiest bashing thread = open. Either lock em all or leave em all open. Logic says have the same standard. Heck there are threads that are about soldiers that are just as bad that stay open. All i ask for is fairness...
Like strike said I haven't witnessed the double standard. We both want fairness obviously. I just don't agree with you on the view of either doing one or the other. If 2 threads are bad close them both and if 2 threads are good leave em open. A christian bashing thread is just as bad as a muslim bashing thread and they both need to be closed.
KGB

Postby Kingsama on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:50 pm

KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:
KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:

Like strike said I haven't witnessed the double standard. We both want fairness obviously. I just don't agree with you on the view of either doing one or the other. If 2 threads are bad close them both and if 2 threads are good leave em open. A christian bashing thread is just as bad as a muslim bashing thread and they both need to be closed.

i dont see free speach as a bad thing. Both religious and politics should be open for discussion very freely. There was a thread a while back where Jesus was repeatedly called mockingly a zombie, and language like that is nothing out of the ordinary. Either ban it all or allow the freedom to discuss it. I vote leave it open...
Kingsama

Postby KGB on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:11 pm

Kingsama wrote:
KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:
KGB wrote:
Kingsama wrote:

i dont see free speach as a bad thing. Both religious and politics should be open for discussion very freely. There was a thread a while back where Jesus was repeatedly called mockingly a zombie, and language like that is nothing out of the ordinary. Either ban it all or allow the freedom to discuss it. I vote leave it open...
Well another thing has to do with the timing. Since the OP of the muslim thread was obviously in the wrong and was baiting of course they will lock it. If that jesus comment like you said was made in the jest of it the mods should just delete or edit it so it doesn't ruin the thread for everyone else. I don't think 2 wrongs (while they may be fair) make a right.
KGB

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm

How is calling jesus a zombie insulting? According to the mythology, he was dead. He was reanimated. Isn't that about the definition of a zombie? I don't think vampire is the right term since he didn't drink blood or show an aversion to sunlight. Clearly not a skeleton since the story never said he came back as just bones. Would the vaguer term undead be most appropriate?

I don't recall the specific insults directed towards mohammed but iirc, one was that he was a child molester? I don't have an issue with that either since the man was married to a child and did have sex with her...
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments