Can we get a mod to delete some of these posts?

Can we get a mod to delete some of these posts?

Postby nicehair911 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:44 pm

This thread is a good example

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/gay-ir ... rt,30.html

Normal thread until Sirron decides to come into to talk to himself. It's really annoying and distracting. I try to not respond and feed the trolls hoping a mod will just delete the posts but it's not happening.

sirronstuff wrote:
ScoobySnackz wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:I tried to tell you. Posting after me to look like I logged in and out to post your silly comments probably won't work. You have to be smoother than that bro.

What are you talking about dude? we already know we're not the same person who cares what others think? I'm just stating how I feel.

Scooby -

but why lie about not wanting to have sex with other men when that is clearly what you said to me in a PM? :man3: So confused....

Scooby

Seriously is that kind of crap not obvious to you guys? :man3:

Can someone suspend Sirron or Scooby or at the very least delete some of these posts?

ScoobySnackz wrote:I admit I find guys attractive but that doesn't mean I will have sex with them.

Scooby -

Stuff like that is obviously just trolling and trying to derail the thread.
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Re: Can we get a mod to delete some of these posts?

Postby Realm of Shadows on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 pm

nicehair911 wrote:This thread is a good example

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/gay-ir ... rt,30.html

Normal thread until Sirron decides to come into to talk to himself. It's really annoying and distracting. I try to not respond and feed the trolls hoping a mod will just delete the posts but it's not happening.

sirronstuff wrote:
ScoobySnackz wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:I tried to tell you. Posting after me to look like I logged in and out to post your silly comments probably won't work. You have to be smoother than that bro.

What are you talking about dude? we already know we're not the same person who cares what others think? I'm just stating how I feel.

Scooby -

but why lie about not wanting to have sex with other men when that is clearly what you said to me in a PM? :man3: So confused....

Scooby

Seriously is that kind of crap not obvious to you guys? :man3:

Can someone suspend Sirron or Scooby or at the very least delete some of these posts?

ScoobySnackz wrote:I admit I find guys attractive but that doesn't mean I will have sex with them.

Scooby -

Stuff like that is obviously just trolling and trying to derail the thread.
What posts would these be? I can't seem to find them. :mhihi:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Radner on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 am

I'm close to leaving this site as far as posting to be honest (maybe leave all together). It's getting annoying having to read threads or posts made by fake accounts and wondering whether this user is real.

What bothers me the most is that some people find what Sirron is doing as hilarious and innocent. Yet, the same people who find this guy funny believe that other fake users need to be banned. A double standard in light.

Anyways, if the staff aren't going to do anything about it (ban sirron or implicate an ignore-option), then I guess there's nothing else to do but leave. I have a lot of respect for you guys but it just seems you're afraid of losing a longtime member like Sirron.
Radner

Postby Sirron on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 am

I'm ok with being suspended if it is for the betterment of the site. I truly am.

I am glad that most people can take stuff with a grain of salt and laugh. I have had a lot of fun here, and the vast majority do enjoy some fun now and again on occasion.

But once again, I am not scooby or any other ID (at this time) so although I understand the frustration, there is only so much one can do about it. Each time there was a joke, there were copycats that started pretending. This one didn't even really involve a fake ID besides Mrs. Norris, so this is not one of those cases, just a fake story.

I have posted WAY more personal info on here than anyone else, so it is quite obvious I am not a harmful person, just one with an "interesting" sense of humor. Again, if staff feels it is best to banish my account, I will take it in stride for what it is. I will continue to frequent the site, and may again post in the future if I get another provider. It is near impossible to start an account, and most proxies appear to have already been abused. I am unable to start an account without tremendous effort, and I find it not worth it.

I gave Scooby a hard time because some of the stuff is sooo stupid, like the "I stuck a carrot up by butt" one. I mean c'mon. I have played jokes, but I don't remember going there.....

Big difference IMO. So I guess the real matter is: Are you more frustrated that the jokes bring this stuff out of the woodwork for a couple of weeks, or is what I did truly that offensive. When the answer is me, it is time for the mods to suspend me or ban my account. Either way, I'm ok with it, and ya'all will always be brothers to me.

Sorry for the fuss. I will try to keep any future "pranks" to be of a type that do not negatively impact the general population of the site, or that spur additional fake user accounts. Not sure how it will work, but if I just post as myself, it should be pretty easy......

I did not see this until today, but have already PM'd Realm and Nicehair regarding scooby.

I hope you reconsider Radner. The site is too enjoyable to let a one to two week item chase you off. Please ride it out. I myself will be too busy to post in coming months, but I do have some downtime right now, and enjoying hanging out with my CL brethren.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Sirron on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:20 am

I do think it would be great if new members were prevented from posting NEW topics for a certain period of time, and for possibly a certain LENGTH of time. This would probably end some of the fuss and threads like "I can't fart, help!!"
Sirron

Postby KGB on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 am

Stop snitching stop lying-chicano :man5:
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby Sirron on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:19 am

KGB wrote:Stop snitching stop lying-chicano :man5:

who is that? The wicked witch?
Sirron

Postby westcoast21 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 pm

This stuff isnt ban worthy. Only minor stuff like sending PM's to other users telling them to check out another forum gets you banned.......
westcoast21

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:22 am

westcoast21 wrote:This stuff isnt ban worthy. Only minor stuff like sending PM's to other users telling them to check out another forum gets you banned.......

Even if you don't agree with the rule against spamming the boards, can you really fault the staff for being forced into banning a member after they're told to stop or it would result in the loss of membership?

We're here to enforce the rules and make CL as user-friendly as possible. The staff did what it had to do. It sucks that we lost a valued member because banishment is always the last resort.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby westcoast21 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:This stuff isnt ban worthy. Only minor stuff like sending PM's to other users telling them to check out another forum gets you banned.......

Even if you don't agree with the rule against spamming the boards, can you really fault the staff for being forced into banning a member after they're told to stop or it would result in the loss of membership?

We're here to enforce the rules and make CL as user-friendly as possible. The staff did what it had to do. It sucks that we lost a valued member because banishment is always the last resort.

I agree with the spamming rules. Im just saying that there are other things here that members do, that dont get them banned.
westcoast21

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am

It's not so much of the spamming..as it is with the blanant disrespect of the way chicano did it. ( I am assuming this is what you are refering too)

If you spam on the forum say you are a new poster or even a vet and do it and we warn you and stop then you are probaly safe. However when you spam..get warned...spam some more...get warned..spam some more..get warned..spam in the RT..get warned...and not by just mods but, by some big time admins and you keep it up then we have to go on the belief you have no interest in being a member of CL just use CL to get members for TLN.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 am

westcoast21 wrote:I agree with the spamming rules. Im just saying that there are other things here that members do, that dont get them banned.

Clearly we're talking about Chicano's banishment, and in his case he had been warned in the past (for other rules violations) to the point that he was suspended for a week. Someone that's been suspended knows that they're one step away from being banned and we STILL gave him another warning before banning him. We HATE banning members, but we have to uphold the rules for the sake of running a solid site.

As for other people not being banned for other offenses, please don't hesitate to PM a mod with concerns like that. We're doing the best we can but we certainly can't be expected to read every post in every thread. If you see something that violates our rules, PM a member of the staff and it will be addressed ASAP.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby CLICKCLICK on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:30 am

sirronstuff wrote:I do think it would be great if new members were prevented from posting NEW topics for a certain period of time, and for possibly a certain LENGTH of time. This would probably end some of the fuss and threads like "I can't fart, help!!"

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
CLICKCLICK

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments