Can members specially request tags under their usernames?

Can members specially request tags under their usernames?

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:32 pm

All the other sites have one, I was just wondering, don't know if anyone brought it up or thought about it yet but kingsfans and lakerstalk and magictalk and bostontalk and whatevertalk all have special tags under their names. That's good for business since it separates guys from others and tells about their personality. I personally enjoy it very much so I'm just wonderin'...like ReinaldosReys of KingsFans is a primary example: "I am a Kings fan hear me ROAR!" under his username tag....so it's only pretty obvious we should have some around here, I want one, I'm sure ShaqFan wants one that says the Rumor Guy on it, and whatever....but this is your choice, I don't you if you can do this, but it helps us be better competitors with other sites....[/code]
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:21 am

Are u talkin about how it says "Clublakers Moderator" above mines? If so, u can request one, but CL would have to answer this because it's him who does that :man12:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:37 am

As of now the "special ranks", as the software calls it, are only used for unique positions on the site -- team reps, staff, etc.

It is possible to automate these according to # of posts. We had always done so in the past, but the result was members posting garbage just to increase their # of posts. It made a real mess of the board and right now I'm not too keen on trying it again.

Unlike other boards we do allow avatars and signatures for personalization, and the user has control over these. If we allowed the rank to also be used for personalization it would require every member communicating with me every time they wanted to change it... and I don't think that is feasable.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:28 pm

clublakers wrote:It is possible to automate these according to # of posts. We had always done so in the past, but the result was members posting garbage just to increase their # of posts. It made a real mess of the board and right now I'm not too keen on trying it again.

naw, I do like the ranks stuff...c'mon man if I was posting at LakersTalk I would be MVP with 1,898 posts...geezus chrisps.....you've gotta change that, how are we gonna differentiate between guys with 2,000 posts and 1 posts? It gives guys like me, FabFour and swol a sense of superiority....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:16 pm

But like CL said it makes members look like they're in a posting contest, rather than providing good quality information to the board. Sure I have the most posts here, but I could care less about a post ranking system. But if people want it, then I'm all for it, it's all good.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:41 pm

u know what, we all should hava poll about this....let the members decide...popularity votes amounts to the best solution...if some guys are just gonna go have some posting contests so be it...you could just warn them not to write s%it and stuff all over the board. And if they persist in writing ill-advised ideas or irrelevant immoral stuff then ban them, like what happened to LaKeRsDyNaStY....

I'm all for it....c'mon, we need All-stars, MVPs, Hall-of-Famers around here....you should vote for it LG since you got like a gazillion posts...that's hall-of-famer type caliber right there....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:41 am

Well I like to be known for what I provided to CL along with original CL members who were here since the start, and the ones who have been here through a lot here too. I wouldn't wanna be known for mah post amount, but for a Clublakers member who provided great bias and unbiased commentary... And members like LaKeRsDyNaStY along with Echo Nation and STFU just to name were members who did indeed flood this board, but at least Echo wasn't like them though.

I wouldn't want a ranking system because that seperates the members in categories based on how much they post. We believe that all members are as equal as the rest, and that they don't need to feel intimidated if a member has been around longer than them.

I'm not downin the rank system, but I'm just providing the alternate point of view of urs.

The site mods along with CL will discuss this though, ok?? :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments