Can This Be Considered?

Can This Be Considered?

Postby Chicano on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Ed Guru Wrote:
Whilst I fully agree 10 000 is an impressive number, it would be even more impressive if we had 10 000 contributing members.. more so if we had 10 000 intelligent posters!

There's a saying about volunteers and pressed men.. I feel there's some analogy here with contributing members and logged accounts, but don't feel quite smart enough to put it together!

Why don't we bump off members who've never posted or not posted in 12 months to get a more accurate figure and a smaller user list to browse through!

^ I found that an interesting idea and wanted to see what others thought.
Chicano

Postby Satan on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Weren't you yourself a lurker here Chiacno? Why would you kick people out just because they don't post. I think it would encourage crap posts to prevent being dropped. Or people just wouldn't bother joining in the first place. All so that a list that is probably never even looked at by the majority of board members is easier to go through?
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Chicano on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:04 pm

I didn't say I totally agreed with it, I just brought it up as a question/discussion because where it was originally posted I saw a couple people agreed with it/liked it and the thread where it was from was kinda/unkown/secretive/etc, so i moved it on here...

but you have good points most definitely, and yup was a lurker for quite some time myself, lol, don't know why now that i think of it, haha.

BTW, is it possible to find out what percentage of members/people at LG contribute and what percentage do here? comparison.
Chicano

Postby BDG on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Satan hit it on the head ... there's many lurkers here.

To add to what he said, just because they don't post (or don't post often) doesn't mean they're not a part of the community or aren't welcome here. Many come here to view our registered members forums as well.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Chicano on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Sh__, now all the lurkers probably saw this and hate me! Sorry lurkers.
:man10:
Chicano

Postby Chicano on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:00 pm

LOCK THIS THING UP MAYN! lol
Chicano

Postby jOeyB7000 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Chicano wrote:Sh__, now all the lurkers probably saw this and hate me! Sorry lurkers.
:man10:

I hate you :man9: lol. I been a lurker since '03 so that kind of makes me a Clublakers OG.
jOeyB7000

Postby JuanoLAL on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Horrible idea. :man10:
JuanoLAL

Postby Kob3eight on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:26 pm

Some probably registered so they can have access to the Theater section. You have to log-in to see the link.
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 pm

It's not a half bad suggestion. You can just eliminate the people that have not logged on in a year or so.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 pm

two0one7 wrote:It's not a half bad suggestion. You can just eliminate the people that have not logged on in a year or so.

Unfortunately there is no way of keeping up with the last time a member has logged in. You can tell the last time they posted, but not the last time they logged into their account.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:25 pm

JSM wrote:
two0one7 wrote:It's not a half bad suggestion. You can just eliminate the people that have not logged on in a year or so.

Unfortunately there is no way of keeping up with the last time a member has logged in. You can tell the last time they posted, but not the last time they logged into their account.
Couldn't you check when was the last time someone logged in under the admin control?

Admin Control>User Admin>User list>Sort by: Last Activity>Sort.

That should tell you when the last time someone logged in. :mhihi:
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Black Sheep91 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 pm

Nissan wrote:
JSM wrote:

Couldn't you check when was the last time someone logged in under the admin control?

with all the members here, that would take forever.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 pm

Critter wrote:
Nissan wrote:
JSM wrote:

with all the members here, that would take forever.
It would take a while but I'm sure commish can do this in a couple of minutes.
I don't really like this idea... Why should we punish people who don't post? Image
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Sirron on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:13 pm

I figure there must be some other reasons for leaving all the original names there. I think it is a big deal when going after advertisers to say how many registered members you have.

Otherwise, when people are banned, why aren't the accounts deleted? They usually just disable their access/change login code it appears so that their posts remain. I could be wrong on that, but if it would adversely affect how advertisers feel about the site, then they shouldn't touch it.

It is also great to see a gauge of how many total people HAVE registered. If you are constantly pruning the list, you'll never know just how many you have had over time. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Satan on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am

sirronstuff wrote:I figure there must be some other reasons for leaving all the original names there. I think it is a big deal when going after advertisers to say how many registered members you have.

I think advertisers care a lot more about unique daily visitors. I could singlehandedly double CL's registered member list otherwise...
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments