Forum Organization

Forum Organization

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:22 am

sorry, dont mean to come in and try to make all these changes but at 5 in the mornign i get all these idea

how about having a seperate forum for the rest of the NBA?

NBA Rumors
NBA News

all seperate from Laker Rumors and Laker News.. becuase we're literally that much seperated from the rest of the league
echo nation

Postby clublakers on Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:16 am

I'd like to keep the quantity of forums minimal, however the last time I turned down a forum suggestion I was wrong (referring to the Chatter forum).

Everyone else chime in on this and we'll let the group decide if we should have separate NBA forums or if they should just be reported in the existing forums prefaced with an "OT".

Thanks--
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:30 am

Actually, I think it would be better just having one more section where users can post and discuss both NBA News and Rumors. Therefore, we can separate Laker posts from posts regarding the other 28 teams. We could just title it "NBA Talk", which encompasses both News and Rumors in its name.

Think about it, ClubLakers is rapidly growing and soon the boards will get flooded with an excessive amount of news, polls and opinions. I agree that by separating the forums we can start preparing for the future, where there will be tons of new posts per day.

What does everybody think?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:40 am

nice comprimise

i like my idea, but the comprimise works just as well =P
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:24 pm

That's sounds like a great Idea... I think the news section should be something like our daily news, where info really isn't repeated, u know? And to have another rumor section for the rest of the league is a good idea too.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:37 pm

Yes, alot of news being posted is being moved by myself because the posters don't know where to put it.

I think the forum -- NBA News & Rumors would be great. The board is growing tremendously... Look at this CL...

We've been around for about 2-5 months (somewhere in there...) Our quality of posting is phenominal, and the news is up to date with alot of different angles and sides of opinions (or known as Smack...)

The LakersGround.net board has been around ALOT longer than us. We are using the same message forums as them -- phpBB.

For them -3677- registered users have posted a total of -32469- Messages.

For US -- Our users have posted a total of 19739 articles
We have 243 registered users

And like I said, we have great threads and GREAT discussions... At this rate, the Laker's forums will be flooded with NBA news, adding a new forum now will releive ALOT of pressure off of the staff.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shaqass on Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:50 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Actually, I think it would be better just having one more section where users can post and discuss both NBA News and Rumors. ?

I agree with that!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby clublakers on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:01 am

the people have spoken...

...done.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:13 am

Ill go move alot of posts into the new forum.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments