Forums Rearrangement (updated!)

Forums Rearrangement (updated!)

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Dear members,

we do have some new forum rearrangements to make navigating CL easier and give us a bit more of an order.

First of all I removed some dead forums / Sections (for now).

Clublakers En Espanol
Hoop Gear
and Lakers Interactive (Good Call / GM Challenge)

Further I changed the Fantasy Sports Forum to "Fantasy Ball and Stats"

this forum willbe rejuvenated because its not only about fantasy basketball anymore. If you want to discuss stats you will head down there. If you interpret numbers, then you can do it there. If you want to share some amazing stats you can do that there too etc. All our number experts (looking at Chronz, trodgers etc.) will enjoy having a section where they can share those numbers with us and those who are interested.

I also moved "The Purple Carpet into the Open Court before I moved that Category down to the Archives.

The open court is made to get to know your mates on CL...and the purple carpet is introducing yourself...obviously they go hand in hand.

Further more I have added 2 new must have Forums.

One was LONG overdue as such a storied franchise like the Lakers MUST have a history section. We re-write history year after year and we need a place to share the memories of the past because nobody can take away what this franchise has accomplished. Maybe our "older" members want to share their memories from the past and since many of us have not lived long enough to witness them, we will enjoy those stories for sure. I have also sub'd the 81 forum here (thanks for the idea Darth)

Another section is for our Techies...whether you want to talk about Apple products, computer games, Smartphones, Tabs etc...you can head down there, ask for advice, share new amazing stuff etc. As we go forward, this stuff is becoming more and more important and most people are not able to keep up with the innovations. Its easy now to discuss about your favorite app or ask for advice for your next smartphone etc.
I'm sure this part of the forum WILL be active.

I have also re-organized the archives

thats less important. But if you look down now, you can see the subforums that we have (some coming back regularly when its time) and others would come back just in case there is a need or we launch something new.

That being said, the all-star forum is also temporarily back.

If you have any suggestions or criticism please make sure to mention them here so I can take them into account and try to improve our experience here on CL.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Forums Rearrangement (updated!)

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I noticed the changes today while browsing the forum. I agree with them, and yes, the History section (Trophy Room) is long overdue. Thanks, KB24. Keep up the great work. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Can finally get in here and post. Love the changes and hope others do too. If not, please offer suggestions, or at least give the new format time to grow on you. Excited for the app / phone section. Any plans for a CL app?
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snake Eyes on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:40 pm

I have been on CL for about 30 minutes reading various threads and I didn't even notice the changes until I saw this thread. It will take a while to get used to it, but the changes are quite logical. I am elated for the Lakers History section as both a history major and a huge Lakers fan. I hope to really learn a lot about the Lakers there.
Snake Eyes

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 am

Can you please re-combine media circuit and access point? Media Circuit had already been pretty quiet, now if you divide it even more, they will both be much emptier. Please consider.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 am

^I see. But to be honest, the Access Point is not devided from the Media Circuit. It was devided from Open Court. The only part that comes from the Media Circuit is a few threads about playstation games. But games are naturally rather computer stuff.

Of course I will monitor how they work out before they become permanent. Our goal is not to create dead forums but the goal is primarily to offer a platform that has a chance to grow. I'm very sure the Access Point will be a success because we have a relatively young fanbase and most of the young people are into tabs, smartphones, games etc. and they will be encouraged to post more about that stuff now.

The Media Circuit is about actors, singers, movies etc. So they aren't exactly the same.

The new structure should also make it easier to find something. Sometimes you search and search and search and can't find the thread you were looking for. Now it should be easier to search for a thread about the iphone without having to waste 20 minutes.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby laakers on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 am

I don't like the Access point forum. Honestly just glancing at it I noticed you posted the last like 6 threads of random articles that wouldn't normally be posted. I don't think it needs its own forum.
laakers

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:29 am

^thats exactly the point...threads that would normally not be posted. That means we are not taking away from other part of the forum, we are adding a new section. And those people who do not like it, do not have to click on it. If it was a part that would collide with other forum parts, then people could make a legitimate case for it changing the way they navigate the forum but its not because the stuff in there is not for you but for those who are interested to get tidbits about whats going on in the IT world.

There is no reason to complain if it doesn't really affect you to be honest. We are trying to offer a platform for things people are interested in, we are fully aware not everyone is interested in everything but as long as there are people that are interested, they will get an opportunity to share their stuff.

forum in which every member is interested in every section doesn't exist as far as I know and we are no different. In the first 10-15 pages of open court, there were 40+ threads about computers, smartphones etc...so obviously there are people that like that stuff and going forward the number will grow. Even for those who are not affin to this stuff they might need help or advise.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 am

John3:16 wrote:Can finally get in here and post. Love the changes and hope others do too. If not, please offer suggestions, or at least give the new format time to grow on you. Excited for the app / phone section. Any plans for a CL app?

CL app is DEFINITELY coming. All I need is a forum phpbb plug-in. clublakers has to impliment that and as soon as thats done, we will be ready to go. We might not have an exclusive app which means we might use an app that works for more than just clublakers but that doesn't matter to be honest. Its necessary because we want to offer an app for all mobile platforms (Simbian, Windows Phone, iOS, Android, BB OS and WebOS)

I have an app ready which works with all those operating systems and is ready to go as soon as the plug-in is installed.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Some excellent changes being made lately. Keep up the great work. :jam2:
Daloyalfan18

Postby DarthRekal on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 pm

1 small suggestion.. move the LAKERS photos and videos to the LAKERS section?
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 pm

DarthRekal wrote:1 small suggestion.. move the LAKERS photos and videos to the LAKERS section?

this idea does make sense, especially since we do not really post any NBA material there, although originally it wasn't supposed to be only Laker stuff...I think I will do this too..maybe later make it a sub-forum for something else but for now it will be moved up.

thanks again. Some very excellent ideas from the members :jam2:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:15 pm

- Access Point -- I'm excited about this area. Many might not be, but eventually I see this being one of the main areas people visit. Technology is advancing at a rapid pace. I love that we have an area where people can go and get the latest and greatest info.

- CL App -- another great feature. Can't wait for it. No matter what it looks like, I know it'll be better then that crap FaceBook App that rarely works. :man10:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:28 pm

^me too John. I'm sure the growth potential of that forum is the biggest. We have a young fanbase, most people are just starting to get into smartphones, gaming etc. and considering how fast the innovation is moving forward, it will be part of your life no matter what you do to avoid it.

I'm sure it will eventually grow and become an essential part of the forums.

We have everything covered what our fanbase might be looking for...the only section that has great growth potential but we have to reject is a p0rn section. :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Very nice and clean. :bow:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby Barnstable on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:39 am

I'm drooling waiting for that Cl app :man13:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby GNC on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

John3:16 wrote:- Access Point -- I'm excited about this area. Many might not be, but eventually I see this being one of the main areas people visit. Technology is advancing at a rapid pace. I love that we have an area where people can go and get the latest and greatest info.

This. It will take a few months for it to pick up usage, but i like the idea of finding tech related stuff in one area instead of browsing through the OC through numerous pages.
GNC

Postby leakbrewergator on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Will definitely take a while to get used to, but it looks great so far! :jam2:

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:15 am

One more suggestion, IMO, Lakers Discussion should be at the top of the list of sections in "Lakers Community" just like NBA Discussion is at the top of "NBA Community"

Lakers Discussion is obviously the most visited forum so I think it would be easier if it were at the top of the list instead of having to look for it in the middle of a long list of sections that aren't really that popular.
Helljumper

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am

I changed Access Point with Tech Central...I think its easier to recognize. AP was a bit obscure.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:09 pm

KB24 wrote:I changed Access Point with Tech Central...I think its easier to recognize. AP was a bit obscure.

I really like Tech Central, it is much easier to find.

I feel that "trophy room" suffers from the same problem as access point. Everytime I see trophy room, I think "what is that again? Oh yeah Lakers history."
Snake Eyes

Postby lakerzkb8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:46 am

I think we should have a forum for video games. I just want to click on a video game forum and see what new titles are coming out, software updates, troubleshooting threads, old school games talk, talk about specific games because it seems like the only threads that get going are the Call of Duty's otherwise people cram video game related posts in the PS3 thread or the Xbox thread. The video game stuff is really jumbled up with the other tech stuff. I think the tech stuff should be reserved for computer, tv, cell phones, and whatever product is coming onto the market. Video games should be seperate..
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments