A fun idea we should try

A fun idea we should try

Postby Xepa on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 pm

Have under avatars a post quality mark. People can rank someone's post quality on these boards to know who writes good information and who writes bad information to pay more attention the the high quality posters.It can be like a star system with a maximum of 5 stars. What do ya say?? It works well on other message boards.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:16 pm

yea i think it's good idea
SMUnderground

Postby T I on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:22 pm

I would need more than 5 stars :man1:
Laker Fan since 1954
T I

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:27 pm

I doubt you could put that on phpBB2.

Re: A fun idea we should try

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:31 pm

radronOmega wrote:Have under avatars a post quality mark. People can rank someone's post quality on these boards to know who writes good information and who writes bad information to pay more attention the the high quality posters.It can be like a star system with a maximum of 5 stars. What do ya say?? It works well on other message boards.
But how would you go about deciding a good way to go about it? It would be completely biased because people would just give high grades for people they like and not necessarily on "post quality". There's really no objective way to do it.

Postby JSM on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:52 pm

No. By setting up a ranking system, members just post to post, and the quality of posts go down considerably. It becomes a race and competition to get to a certain point. And if we individually chose members, other members will get their feelings hurt and be upset because so and so now has a mark or title and they don't.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby clublakers on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:36 pm

unfortunately that feature is not built in, but we are looking into adding an Editorial Page that will allow allow members to rank them by quality, so the cream of the crop get posted first. More to come...
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:55 pm

clublakers wrote:unfortunately that feature is not built in, but we are looking into adding an Editorial Page that will allow allow members to rank them by quality, so the cream of the crop get posted first. More to come...

I think it is a good idea to some degree...like J said, some people could come out hurt by it and others would just race towards credibility, however I like CL's idea too cause the quality of this site's posts collectively has gone down and that can't happen any further. CL was one of the most intelligent most informative site there was and its recent slide has to be credited to the offseason and the lack of news...however if it continues to go like this even after the season starts, then we have to change how things work around here, cause the quality just gets poorer day by day.

I really hope that all the users understand that if they put a little thought into their posts then everybody will see you as a "quality" CL member. You will earn respect and likeability. It is okay to ask questions cause no question is considered "stupid" however all we ask of new users and old users alike is that you just think what you wanna say through before posting it cause then you have that much more credibility with the public and the overall quality of CL will go back up....all in all, I know all of us can't wait till the season begins! It will pick up then for sure
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments