GCMD

Postby borri on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:29 pm

The way he treated Vash was terrible.

Nail....on......head. I would beg to differ on the "terrible" adjective. Personally, I felt he (Vash) had it coming.
Last edited by borri on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
borri

Postby nameant on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Weak. GC was a staple here at CL. It's not that I don't believe y'all but I have a hard time believing there was NOTHING else you could do and this was your only choice (to ban him). Should they get special treatment b/c they're long-time posters? Yeah, imo they should. Why? B/c they're not trolls or noobs coming here and causing problems. They're passionate about what they say/do and sometimes that can go overboard, but time off is better than being banned. This is like the Kobe tech situation. He plays with a lot of passion. Look at him tonight. He's like the freakin Terminator. No emotion whatsoever. You can't expect every1 on CL to act like angels. We have a lot of different personalities here. Isn't this board's motto "Come strong"?????
nameant

Postby blakeruns on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:09 am

JKsnoots wrote:Did no_don't get unbanned? :man9:

knm131 comes to mind :wink:
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:20 am

Chris still wants to keep in touch with us... PM'd me if you want his info.:jam2:

GCMD wrote:I'd love to hear from them.

Make sure ya'll keep in touch. Still Laker Family regardless!

Chris
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Cleansed on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 pm

Considering the overall tone of the board for the last 12 months give or take (culminating in the last 4-5 months) its hard to believe GCMD wasnt banned previously (along with several other specific members). He definitely went against the thinking that has, unfortunately, been the most vocal in the Lakers discussion section. With that said though CL is still the best Lakers site available..its just slipping due to specific areas not being addressed that need NOT be overlooked.

GCMD if your reading this it was a pleasure to read your (for the most part ) reasonable, articulate and logical post. You , along with several others who are still here and 1 who "technically" still is but post very seldom, contributed as a wall against the tide of unadulterated bias and negativity hidden in "innocent and unbiased language" that at one point overwhelmed this board. You were the wheat amongst the chaff. Continue to call people out on their BS regardless of who and where ever they may be :D

Ultimately its the internet....and people will migrate and contribute where they feel the most comfortable.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby halekulani on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 pm

GC posting really cut down my posts ragging on other people's opinions

he did most of it for me :man10:
halekulani

Postby Xepa on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:44 pm

halekulani wrote:GC posting really cut down my posts ragging on other people's opinions

he did most of it for me :man10:

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:51 am

nameant wrote:Weak. GC was a staple here at CL. It's not that I don't believe y'all but I have a hard time believing there was NOTHING else you could do and this was your only choice (to ban him). Should they get special treatment b/c they're long-time posters? Yeah, imo they should. Why? B/c they're not trolls or noobs coming here and causing problems. They're passionate about what they say/do and sometimes that can go overboard, but time off is better than being banned. This is like the Kobe tech situation. He plays with a lot of passion. Look at him tonight. He's like the freakin Terminator. No emotion whatsoever. You can't expect every1 on CL to act like angels. We have a lot of different personalities here. Isn't this board's motto "Come strong"?????

sorry you feel that way.

the board's motto is to come strong but, that does not mean breaking the rules which he was warned about it. No one is above the rules even long time members.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:33 pm

GCMD asked me to pass on a few words from him. Here's some quotes

Tell EVERYBODY I said I miss them. Tell them nothing has changed about the way I feel about the Lakers or my Laker family. Tell BDG and JSM and KB24 that I thank them for their support while I was there.

CL is a great site. No site is without its flaws and I'm sure every site is going to have something I wouldn't like. I don't post at LG very often. Not because I don't have strong opinions or I don't want to share my thoughts. I posted at CL because it was like, family. I've known most of those guys for going on 4 years. I talk(ed) to most of them more than I talk to my sisters...my blood sisters. Of course, that's going to take some time to get over and let go of...(hopefully not too long).

I wish CL and all of its members well. I hope the site attracts new members who "Come Strong, Come Often". I have nothing but love for you all.

Just thought I'd pass along his hello and support to the Laker family. He will respect the rules and not come back under a new name which is why he asked me to pass on hello's.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby goatis24 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:58 am

Weezy wrote:GCMD asked me to pass on a few words from him. Here's some quotes

Tell EVERYBODY I said I miss them. Tell them nothing has changed about the way I feel about the Lakers or my Laker family. Tell BDG and JSM and KB24 that I thank them for their support while I was there.

CL is a great site. No site is without its flaws and I'm sure every site is going to have something I wouldn't like. I don't post at LG very often. Not because I don't have strong opinions or I don't want to share my thoughts. I posted at CL because it was like, family. I've known most of those guys for going on 4 years. I talk(ed) to most of them more than I talk to my sisters...my blood sisters. Of course, that's going to take some time to get over and let go of...(hopefully not too long).

I wish CL and all of its members well. I hope the site attracts new members who "Come Strong, Come Often". I have nothing but love for you all.

Just thought I'd pass along his hello and support to the Laker family. He will respect the rules and not come back under a new name which is why he asked me to pass on hello's.

I haven't been posting that long...but I have read a few GCMD posts......and just reading this message that you forwarded from him Weezy makes me sad.....

I know I didn't know you well, or nor did you know me well....but you will be well missed brother! Laker Pride for life though :patriot: (smiley face would be better with a laker flag, but it looked like the most relevant I could find)
goatis24

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 am

goatis24 wrote:
Weezy wrote:GCMD asked me to pass on a few words from him. Here's some quotes

I haven't been posting that long...but I have read a few GCMD posts......and just reading this message that you forwarded from him Weezy makes me sad.....

I know I didn't know you well, or nor did you know me well....but you will be well missed brother! Laker Pride for life though :patriot: (smiley face would be better with a laker flag, but it looked like the most relevant I could find)

Damn. That's all I've got to say. I really, really enjoyed GCMD and his posts. He truly brought it - that has got to be said first of all. He came strong always.

He was my favorite poster without a doubt, whether I agreed or disagreed with his opinion. I respect his thinking and his heart as a Laker DIE HARD! He's the real thing for sure.

GCMD if you're out there reading this let me tell you that I miss you! I'm beyond bummed that you're not here on this site. I can't fathom this site without you.

I understand that the Mods have to keep order and do what they're supposed to do, and I know it could not have been a happy decision to lose one of the very best posters in all of cyber land. But still, it doesn't make it any better. It's a true bummer.

GCMD, you truly rock and I loved debating, concurring, and getting to know you through this site. Doc, you're one of the good guys. Take care and I hope we catch up somehow. I'm going to see if there's a way to get in touch with you bro.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby kupsla on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:39 am

goatis24 wrote:I know I didn't know you well, or nor did you know me well....but you will be well missed brother! Laker Pride for life though :patriot: (smiley face would be better with a laker flag, but it looked like the most relevant I could find)

GCMD is 1 of my favorite posters here, usually agree w/ his takes. he'll be missed.
kupsla

Postby KGB on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:57 pm

kupsla wrote:
goatis24 wrote:I know I didn't know you well, or nor did you know me well....but you will be well missed brother! Laker Pride for life though :patriot: (smiley face would be better with a laker flag, but it looked like the most relevant I could find)

GCMD is 1 of my favorite posters here, usually agree w/ his takes. he'll be missed.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby ImmortalD24 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:21 am

KGB wrote:
kupsla wrote:

NO DEFENSE, NO RINGS.
ImmortalD24

Postby Joe_Blow on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Hmmm... that's too bad. I thought GCMD was a bit condescending at times -- ok, quite a bit and quite often -- but I also thought that was part of the fun. Regardless, he had a lot of good takes on things and I appreciated his posts and, at times, the debates.

Mods on this site are pretty cool, IMO. Sounds like an unfortunate situation.

On the flip side, I'm sure his future patients appreciate the decsion. :man1:

Something about a guy sittin' in a waiting room w/ a broken arm while the "doc" sat in his office crafting the perfect "long" post about why LO sucks and will always suck just wasn't right.
Joe_Blow

Postby Bballgirl85 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Nissan wrote:
Barnstable wrote:This really sucks. I understand why the mods feel they had to ban them, but it still feels like your two best friends having a fight and you don't want to take sides.

I liked GCMD. He could get a bit chippy at times but I wish it didn't come to this.

Mods and GC if your reading this, I hope in a month or two you may be able to talk to each other and come to an arrangement so GC can come back.

We can't have separate rules for every member on here.

oh the irony
~Formerly Known As I'm A Queen~

"America is false to the past, false to the present, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future." Frederick Douglass

"Without justice, there can be no peace. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Bballgirl85

Postby KGB on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Nissan wrote:
Barnstable wrote:This really sucks. I understand why the mods feel they had to ban them, but it still feels like your two best friends having a fight and you don't want to take sides.

I liked GCMD. He could get a bit chippy at times but I wish it didn't come to this.

Mods and GC if your reading this, I hope in a month or two you may be able to talk to each other and come to an arrangement so GC can come back.

We can't have separate rules for every member on here.
Well I was just wondering why emplay gets to make his own threads and have them stickied even if an article with the same thing was already posted.
KGB

Postby The Original 81 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when a member is banned, mostly everyone is in agreement and/or dislikes the member. Dee_J would be a perfect example of that.

GCMD though was liked by mostly everyone, and a lot of people will miss him. Just doesn't sound right to me.

With that said, he was one of my favorite posters, and will definitely be missed.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby trodgers on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but when a member is banned, mostly everyone is in agreement and/or dislikes the member. Dee_J would be a perfect example of that.

GCMD though was liked by mostly everyone, and a lot of people will miss him. Just doesn't sound right to me.

With that said, he was one of my favorite posters, and will definitely be missed.

I haven't said anything in this thread...because I don't come to this forum, but it's time to say something about both GCMD and CB. I think they were both delusional and none of you know about how many warnings they received, about how much time multiple mods went to them repeatedly asking them to stop doing what they were doing, which was breaking rules, only to be rebuffed, mocked, and generally misunderstood.

I can say much more about the situation of one of these guys b/c I sent multiple PMs to him to try to discover the problem and help straighten it out so he didn't have to get booted. I went out on a limb for him because I thought he was a good poster. He received my approach in the most unexpected way possible. Despite my frequent attempts to explain what I was doing, here are some of his great responses.

After specifically telling him I was trying to stop his banning, as it looked like he was going to be banned, he said this to ME, not about the other mods...about me:
Ban me cause I break the rules.
Ban me because I don't bring anything to the site.
Ban me because you think I'm a trouble maker.

Don't ban me because you're sticking up for a fellow staff member.

appreciate your PM but seriously, you haven't given me anything to defend. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and show me where you have warned me at least once about it.

He seemed not to realize that his constant crap was pissing off lots of people, mods and 'regular posters' alike.

I tried to help the guy and he came off looking paranoid and as if I was trying to indict him. In the end, his conduct toward me via PM lost him an ally.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KGB on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 pm

^so what constant crap are you talking about? I didn't see any rule breaking, I can see how he pissed people off but I didn't see any rule breaking. Can you be more specific?
KGB

Postby trodgers on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:54 am

KGB wrote:^so what constant crap are you talking about? I didn't see any rule breaking, I can see how he pissed people off but I didn't see any rule breaking. Can you be more specific?

Baiting. 1000000 times.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Real Deal on Fri May 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Wow...well...

I never liked CB, and he knows that and so does everyone else...but he deserves to be here. Same with GCMD.

There's plenty of reasons why if you go read their posts.

But there's ALWAYS a way to calm guys like that down. I realize what they were doing...but come on. Someone really needed to say something to them.

And yes, I read that some of you did...but it wasn't the right thing, guys.

Does anyone remember bangbangbang from three years ago? He's on OTR, and he was made a team captain (who writes for specific teams) on my site. I had a LONG talk with him on AIM about how he acted on Clublakers.

Remember Shaqfan? He also came to OTR, and straightened up. He stopped posting his BS rumors (made him understand that he needed to have links for that crap), and he was a decent poster for quite a while (he sort of disappeared and doesn't post anywhere now).

PM's don't work sometimes. With members like CB and GCMD, you have to find a way to talk to them without having to wait 5-10 minutes in between replies, only to get one 20 minutes later when you're offline. They are more important than that.

And I know bangbangbang and Shaqfan weren't the best members when they were at CL, but you can use their biased opinions to your advantage when promoting discussion. You just have to control their baiting and personal attacks, and those guys can become just as valuable as the other posters on this site.
Real Deal

Postby Real Deal on Fri May 02, 2008 12:37 pm

lakerswiz wrote:You had ShaqFan as a member?

And kept him under control?

:bow:

Haha yeah, pretty much. He did post a couple of bogus rumors, but I talked to him about it, and he stopped. A ton of members were bashing him at first, too...mostly Lakers fans that knew him...but he was cool as the other side of the pillow and let me take care of that problem.

It was the same ShaqFan too. I had IP's from here and from my place.
Real Deal

Postby 2Pacalypse on Fri May 02, 2008 12:55 pm

I'm going to ask the staff a question... How come you guys didn't do anything to stop this problem?
Real Deal for Mod! He needs to be back on the staff... it's not the same without him.
:jam2:
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Real Deal on Fri May 02, 2008 1:14 pm

It's not the staff's problem, really. They did all they could, it's just that there are certain ways to talk to people. I know it's the talk of the town when everyone says, "Treat everyone the same."

Fact is, in a case like this, you have to go out on a limb and message these guys on AIM and say the right things. GCMD and CB are more important than LaLakers4Life3032245xx with two posts (just an example, don't check the member list, haha).
Real Deal

PreviousNext

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments