GUESTS

GUESTS

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:54 pm

I dont understand. We are not allowed to cuss...yet guests can come and flame everyone here. The hell with this better man crap...it doesnt make sense. If you ban cursing and flaming then you should ban guests. Every other message board ive been too, you cant post unless you are registered. That way if there any problems you can PM the person you have beef with.

peace king
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:58 pm

It's better just to PM them with this cause they've never approved anything someone has brought up in Site Improvments. Atleast I haven't seen.

But that's a great point. There shouldn't be guests.

Postby clublakers on Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:03 am

Most everyone here was once a guest first -- boards that allow guests receive better traffic. We are not old enough, nor snooty enough, to require everyone to register first.

Keep in mind that the guests that flame are usually members that log-out first. They are rarely new guests. Mods do warn these incognito members and delete the offending posts. However, don't assume we have time to read every single message on the board. The best way to handle this is to simply pm a mod with the offending text and a link to the thread so we can deal with it.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:20 am

Or to at least post it in the Abuse forum. Sometimes it doesn't show up that we have new PMs also. CL's right about members logging off. But for the unregistered guests who flame, well we'll take their messages off, but it's up to the ones who get offended to give us the link to the thread. We can't catch every single offending post. :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:41 pm

SOMEONE LOGGING OFF AND THEN TALKIN LOUD CRAP, THAT IS WEAK SAUCE AND LOAD OF CRAP, THOSE MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE PIC OF CHICKEN PERMINATLY PUT ON THIER AVATAR, THATS IS DISCUSTING :disagree:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:57 pm

yeah seriously....i think the person that gets "flamed" has a right to know who that member is. For example, if i flame someone....one of the mods should PM that person i flame and tell them its me. That way you can hold people accountable for their actions.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan

Postby clublakers on Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:56 pm

Rather than make a public list of flamers I'd just assume permanently dismiss the flamer. The standing rule is one warning then ban... just communicate with us when you get flamed so we can try to swiftly correct the problem.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:50 pm

but what if it is a member who is not logged in can you track the ip adress and ban them???
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:18 pm

Yes we can
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:21 pm

i still would like to know what members are "guests."
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:01 am

U can't know... That's up to us to find out, and warn them. And even after they're banned, only the mods will EVER know... It's only right.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments