Lock threads with bogus claims when they're started PLEASE!!

Lock threads with bogus claims when they're started PLEASE!!

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:03 pm

I've noticed that a lot of people lately have been posting topics about how someone they're close to knows Shaq and Shaq said this, or "I ran into Kobe at the movies and he told me he was staying", or the latest one, "I ran into Karl Malone when I was in Arkansas and he told me he's coming back". Can we please put an end to these ridiculous threads started by these people who are desperate for attention? If you can't post any valid proof of your claims, you shouldn't be allowed to post it and therefore waste a TON of board space by attracting a bunch of "suckers" who actually buy into the b.s. and post on the topic. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about:

LakersCourt wrote::jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: My parents were on vacation in Arkansas visting some releatives from my dad's side that they haven't seen in years, and ran into the Mailman and his family. :man4: I'm so happy!!!!!! He told them that he will spend some time recupperating and then get back to work with the Lakers.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14376

LakersCourt wrote:My friend and I were at Fashion Island in Newport Beach last night, and once again we ran into Kobe and the family . They looked to be in great spirits. My friend works the door at the Cinema, and I was just there talking to him. All of a sudden, Kobe came up and said, "Excuse Me, which movie is the best for a family?". My friend said, "Shrek 2 is great ever seen it? Then
Kobe said, "No....wait a second I know you(reffering to me)"
Kobe then asked, "What about Garfield?"
My frieind said, "It's more for adults"

So Kobe said, "o.k. we'll take 3(they were with Natalia), but then my friend said, "Don't worry about it Kobe", and got them in for free, gave them free popcorn, free drinks!!!!!
Kobe then said, "Thanks, Man"
Then my friend said, " Kobe please don't leave the Lakers".
Kobe then said(and I was there, so I know what I heard), "I'm not gonna leave the Lakers, man."
So Kobe, Vanessa and Natalia all went to see Shrek 2 on a very quiet night in Newport Beach. After the show was over(and yes, I was still there chatting away), Kobe came up and said,
"Thanks Man, good movie" and left with the family for the evening.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13765

brucewayne wrote:I know there has been tons of people...who claim to have inside information...but i swear on my life...i just got off the phone wit' my homeboy...who's in Vegas wit' Shaq....he's like Shaq's right hand man...me and him went to game 4 of the T-wolves series...and i was sitting right behind Magic and to the right a couple rows up from Vanessa and Natalia...courtesy of Shaq...i say that...so you can be more open to what i just heard....he said Shaq asked him to sell his house...because they Might be moving to dallas...it's not 100% yet....but Shaq is sold on goin' to Dallas....i know i haven't said anything that hasn't been reported or that one couldn't have all ready assumed....but I wanted to make the pic a little more clear for us....from a source that isn't out to sell papers....him and Shaq are suppose to call me back in a minute so i can let them here this song...a dude named skills wrote dissing Shaq....hopefully Shaq will let me write the reply song for dude...i feel i owe it to ya'll as cl family to at least report it....wether you except it or not...

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14273

Can you mods do something about these bogus threads that are starting to show up on a daily basis? These should be locked before they attract a bunch of suckers who fall for it and therefore keep these bogus threads at the top of the page by posting on them. There are many more that exist, but these are recent and I don't feel like digging up old threads to find more. It's getting old having to filter through this type of garbage to get to actual discussion topics. Thanks for the time.

xxx

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:37 pm

This is a message board xxx...whether its true or untrue, they have every right posting it (barring there is no profanity)....

But you too have a every right disagreeing with their credibility or disregarding it all together....

But, I doubt we can tell them to stop what they are allowed to do at CL...our rules are limited and if followed there is alot of flexibility on this board...the second they break the rules...we'll lock it up and warn them...
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:40 pm

I'm not suggesting banning them or anything, but can't these topics be locked? Most of them get a ton of replies with a lot of them saying "really" or "gosh I hope this is true". To me, it's a complete waste and it sucks having to filter through that type of garbage to get to topics that are worth discussing.

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:12 pm

xxx wrote:I'm not suggesting banning them or anything, but can't these topics be locked? Most of them get a ton of replies with a lot of them saying "really" or "gosh I hope this is true". To me, it's a complete waste and it sucks having to filter through that type of garbage to get to topics that are worth discussing.

I totally understand your point and you make a good one..but my best advice is just skip it over...one click on your mouse and it makes it an old thread...so just keep bringin it strong in all the other threads but the bottomline is that these members are not doing anything wrong...and even though you are not the only member to dislike these type of threads, you can avoid them and that is all you can really do....just wait till the topic dies down...I'm sorry, we can't help you any further than that.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FirstLady on Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:15 pm

xxx, I feel your pain, but just as easily as these topics could be bogus, they could also be true. We actually have no way of proving either, so I say just float on by them.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Mookie on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:08 am

FirstLady wrote:xxx, I feel your pain, but just as easily as these topics could be bogus, they could also be true. We actually have no way of proving either, so I say just float on by them.

Right xxx, we cant lock em without knowing if theyre fake.
Mookie

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:25 am

i feel you xxx..i guess we can just ignore those posts.
SMUnderground

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments