NEW FORUM!

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby nameant on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:29 am

clublakers wrote:That "cl-left" isn't functional yet, but once I'm done with it (hopefully after work tonight), we'll likely set the default avatars to left, and allow members to choose right with "cl-right" in their personal preferences.
nameant

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 am

BDG wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:Can you somehow make it (or consider making it) so we can see the thread starters on the forums, again? Sometimes I like to know who created the thread before I click...or not click, in some cases. Thanks!
You can, it's right under the thread titles. :man1:

:bang: :bang: :man10: Thanks, I should've been more observant before I posted. How did I miss that?? :man10:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Whatthef? on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:51 am

when I click on a topic it sends me to the bottom of the page even if I have not read the initial topic, are they working on fixing that?
Whatthef?

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:59 am

Is there any way that I could change it so that when u click links posted on this site (such as articles) it opens a new tab automatically? Basically how it was before. Someone may know a simple fix for this.

Other than that, the avatars on the left is being addressed. I think the rest of this i could get used to in time. A few optional color schemes would also be nice if possibble.

Upgrades are always great though. :jam2:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Frank The Tank on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

I noticed the bug that Air Kobe mentioned with it skipping to the bottom of the page when it loads. Other than that I'd just change the color scheme and make it less ugly and I think it'll be great.
Frank The Tank

Postby kkmrx7 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:22 pm

When I click "back" on my browser to return to NBA Discussion it takes me to a page that asks me to "Confirm Resubmission" and I have to reload the page. Also, the URL for the forum is
Code: Select all
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewforum.php

shouldn't it specify which forum it is?
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Postby joecrispin on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:29 pm

First off, great work CL, I love the new features. Just a couple of things--

-The yellow when you move your mouse over a topic is kinda distracting, I think the site would look cleaner if you took that out.

-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

Good stuff other than that, this is by far the best Laker fan board out there. The color scheme is an adjustment but I personally like it, and with all change it will take some getting used to. I think I speak for everybody else here when I say thanks for all the hard work you've put into making the site what it is.
The difference between Kobe and LeBron James, says one scout, is the difference between A MASERATI AND A VOLVO."

-SI
joecrispin

Postby sydneykb on Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Good work CL staff. The new fornum looks absolutely fantastic. I think the new logo on the top should be bigger as well.
sydneykb

Postby Pokey on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:55 pm

:bang: "classic view" anyone? :bang:
Avatars on the right is a natural, text is too small. I'm sure y'all put a lot of time and effort into it but I like the old version better.
I'm just glad CL is here, whatever it looks like.
Pokey

Postby Kingsama on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 pm

joecrispin wrote:First off, great work CL, I love the new features. Just a couple of things--

-The yellow when you move your mouse over a topic is kinda distracting, I think the site would look cleaner if you took that out.

-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

Good stuff other than that, this is by far the best Laker fan board out there. The color scheme is an adjustment but I personally like it, and with all change it will take some getting used to. I think I speak for everybody else here when I say thanks for all the hard work you've put into making the site what it is.

right on with the logo size...
Kingsama

Postby kkmrx7 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Love the layout but when you select a forum from the "Jump to:" pull-down menu, it takes you to the desired forum but with a web address of
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewforum.php

If there's a way to make the link forum specific, such as:
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

for NBA Discussion then the Back button wouldn't result in having to "Resubmit" (aka Reload) the page, I believe
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Postby z32 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:01 am

Definitely diggin' the new look! Nice timing too! It really felt like the site needed a new look. Not to bring up any other Laker fan sites, but this new look is certainly keeping up with those "other" sites. Keep up the good work!

I also totally agree with joecrispin's suggestion on the logo; as it stands, it really looks a bit out of place considering the overall look of the site. I like the logo itself, but the color schemeing and sizing like joe said could use some improvement.
joecrispin wrote:-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

z32

Postby orangezack on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:16 am

Very Nice!!!!
THIS POST HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY CLUBDODGERS.COM
orangezack

Postby superbad on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am

loooove the logo suggestion!
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
superbad

Postby nameant on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 am

superbad wrote:loooove the logo suggestion!

Ditto.
nameant

Postby Frank The Tank on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:53 pm

nameant wrote:
superbad wrote:loooove the logo suggestion!

Ditto.

I love it too.
Frank The Tank

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:33 pm

great new layout...love it.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 pm

TA-DA!

By popular demand, the default template now has avatars on the LEFT side of the post.

YOU can choose whether to view them on the LEFT or RIGHT by changing your personal template. Go to "User Control Panel" (top of the forums) > "Board Preferences" tab > "My board style" has a dropdown menu - choose cl-left or cl-right.

Tomorrow night I will add a Quick Reply Button, and fix the auto-scroll to bottom problem for MODs.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:11 pm

hey joecrisp, can you shoot me that psd for the logo?

joecrispin wrote:First off, great work CL, I love the new features. Just a couple of things--

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 pm

clublakers wrote:TA-DA!

By popular demand, the default template now has avatars on the LEFT side of the post.

YOU can choose whether to view them on the LEFT or RIGHT by changing your personal template. Go to "User Control Panel" (top of the forums) > "Board Preferences" tab > "My board style" has a dropdown menu - choose cl-left or cl-right.

Tomorrow night I will add a Quick Reply Button, and fix the auto-scroll to bottom problem for MODs.
Awesome!

After all that, I'm glad there's an option to choose, because I just realized I like it on the right better. :man4:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Nice! Avis are on the left.

I did notice that the "online" tag is still at the same angle as if on the right side, and they're behind the avatars now. Is that going to be fixed later?
Legendary

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:34 pm

Legendary wrote:Nice! Avis are on the left.

I did notice that the "online" tag is still at the same angle as if on the right side, and they're behind the avatars now. Is that going to be fixed later?

I just created a new one for the left... but it is currently behind the logo. Lemme see if I can bump it up...

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Nope, that won't work...

...ok, I cheated like a little girl and made an image that fit in there. ...as usual, BDG will create a better image and send it to me so I won't look too embarrassing. ...right BDG? :man1:

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm

clublakers wrote:
Legendary wrote:Nice! Avis are on the left.

I just created a new one for the left... but it is currently behind the logo. Lemme see if I can bump it up...

Oh o.k.. I also noticed that for members who don't have avatars, their handle conflicts with the "online" tag. Maybe there should be a blank space or the handles should be moved down a bit if an avatar isn't being used.

Edit: Nevermind...I see what you did. :man11:
Last edited by Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby karacha on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Awesome. This and a quick reply is the step in the right direction.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments