NEW FORUM!

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Pokey on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:55 pm

:bang: "classic view" anyone? :bang:
Avatars on the right is a natural, text is too small. I'm sure y'all put a lot of time and effort into it but I like the old version better.
I'm just glad CL is here, whatever it looks like.
User avatar
Pokey

 
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Kingsama on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 pm

joecrispin wrote:First off, great work CL, I love the new features. Just a couple of things--

-The yellow when you move your mouse over a topic is kinda distracting, I think the site would look cleaner if you took that out.

-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

Image

Good stuff other than that, this is by far the best Laker fan board out there. The color scheme is an adjustment but I personally like it, and with all change it will take some getting used to. I think I speak for everybody else here when I say thanks for all the hard work you've put into making the site what it is.



right on with the logo size...
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby kkmrx7 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Love the layout but when you select a forum from the "Jump to:" pull-down menu, it takes you to the desired forum but with a web address of
Code: Select all
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewforum.php


If there's a way to make the link forum specific, such as:
Code: Select all
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

for NBA Discussion then the Back button wouldn't result in having to "Resubmit" (aka Reload) the page, I believe
Image
Yeah, I stole the sig.
Image
User avatar
kkmrx7

 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Student at UCLA!

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby z32 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:01 am

Definitely diggin' the new look! Nice timing too! It really felt like the site needed a new look. Not to bring up any other Laker fan sites, but this new look is certainly keeping up with those "other" sites. Keep up the good work!


I also totally agree with joecrispin's suggestion on the logo; as it stands, it really looks a bit out of place considering the overall look of the site. I like the logo itself, but the color schemeing and sizing like joe said could use some improvement.
joecrispin wrote:-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

Image
User avatar
z32

 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:20 pm
Location: Santa Clarita

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby orangezack on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:16 am

Very Nice!!!!
THIS POST HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY CLUBDODGERS.COM
Image
User avatar
orangezack

 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:29 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby superbad on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am

loooove the logo suggestion!
Image
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
User avatar
superbad

 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:13 am

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby nameant on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 am

superbad wrote:loooove the logo suggestion!


Ditto.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25328
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Frank The Tank on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:53 pm

nameant wrote:
superbad wrote:loooove the logo suggestion!


Ditto.


I love it too.
User avatar
Frank The Tank

 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:33 pm

great new layout...love it.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
User avatar
KobeSystemtwofour

 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 pm

TA-DA!

By popular demand, the default template now has avatars on the LEFT side of the post.

YOU can choose whether to view them on the LEFT or RIGHT by changing your personal template. Go to "User Control Panel" (top of the forums) > "Board Preferences" tab > "My board style" has a dropdown menu - choose cl-left or cl-right.

Tomorrow night I will add a Quick Reply Button, and fix the auto-scroll to bottom problem for MODs.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

Image
User avatar
clublakers
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:11 pm

hey joecrisp, can you shoot me that psd for the logo?

joecrispin wrote:First off, great work CL, I love the new features. Just a couple of things--

-The yellow when you move your mouse over a topic is kinda distracting, I think the site would look cleaner if you took that out.

-The new logo looks out of place for some reason. It should be bigger, and maybe a different color scheme, like this for instance...

Image

Good stuff other than that, this is by far the best Laker fan board out there. The color scheme is an adjustment but I personally like it, and with all change it will take some getting used to. I think I speak for everybody else here when I say thanks for all the hard work you've put into making the site what it is.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

Image
User avatar
clublakers
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 pm

clublakers wrote:TA-DA!

By popular demand, the default template now has avatars on the LEFT side of the post.

YOU can choose whether to view them on the LEFT or RIGHT by changing your personal template. Go to "User Control Panel" (top of the forums) > "Board Preferences" tab > "My board style" has a dropdown menu - choose cl-left or cl-right.

Tomorrow night I will add a Quick Reply Button, and fix the auto-scroll to bottom problem for MODs.
Awesome!

After all that, I'm glad there's an option to choose, because I just realized I like it on the right better. :man4:
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Nice! Avis are on the left.

I did notice that the "online" tag is still at the same angle as if on the right side, and they're behind the avatars now. Is that going to be fixed later?
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:34 pm

Legendary wrote:Nice! Avis are on the left.

I did notice that the "online" tag is still at the same angle as if on the right side, and they're behind the avatars now. Is that going to be fixed later?


I just created a new one for the left... but it is currently behind the logo. Lemme see if I can bump it up...
Call it from Heaven Chick.

Image
User avatar
clublakers
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby clublakers on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Nope, that won't work...

...ok, I cheated like a little girl and made an image that fit in there. ...as usual, BDG will create a better image and send it to me so I won't look too embarrassing. ...right BDG? :man1:
Call it from Heaven Chick.

Image
User avatar
clublakers
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm

clublakers wrote:
Legendary wrote:Nice! Avis are on the left.

I did notice that the "online" tag is still at the same angle as if on the right side, and they're behind the avatars now. Is that going to be fixed later?


I just created a new one for the left... but it is currently behind the logo. Lemme see if I can bump it up...


Oh o.k.. I also noticed that for members who don't have avatars, their handle conflicts with the "online" tag. Maybe there should be a blank space or the handles should be moved down a bit if an avatar isn't being used.

Edit: Nevermind...I see what you did. :man11:
Last edited by Legendary on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby karacha on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Awesome. This and a quick reply is the step in the right direction.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby superbad on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:03 pm

NOOOOOOOOOICCEEEEE!

default on the avi's on left. plus the ONLINE button is smaller

GREAT JOB GUYS!
Image
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
User avatar
superbad

 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:13 am

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby borri on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 pm

AH......Awesome.

Next up: Plz make the Clublakers.com logo larger.

That should do it i think.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby KGB on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 pm

I can't even say how sick these new forums are. I'm rarely on the internet nowadays but it was great to login in today and see the new and improved CL. Tremendous job to everyone who helped :jam2:

My only small issue is I think in posts the username should be on top of the avi and a tad bigger.
Image
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
User avatar
KGB

 
Posts: 10429
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:00 am
Location: Waiting till june for revenge.

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby borri on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:36 pm

KGB wrote:I can't even say how sick these new forums are. I'm rarely on the internet nowadays but it was great to login in today and see the new and improved CL. Tremendous job to everyone who helped :jam2:

My only small issue is I think in posts the username should be on top of the avi and a tad bigger.



Oh and THIS too.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby Helljumper on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Before, everything felt too weird and cramped to even read but just moving it to the left made a huge difference. It's still going to take a while to get used to but it's still a lot better :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14881
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey good job CL staff with the latest update!

Would it be possible to make the posting area/section wider so that it can be more centered on the page?
User avatar
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby kkmrx7 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 pm

The changes are :stunoice:

Best forum ever! :jam2: :jam2:
Image
Yeah, I stole the sig.
Image
User avatar
kkmrx7

 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Student at UCLA!

Re: NEW FORUM!

Postby superbad on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 pm

JSM

the "NEW TOPIC" button needs to have kobe's face bigger.

also, you need to make it a gif since there are white borders around the button

any comments regarding my suggested, HIGHLIGH HOVER collor from dark yellow to a lighter shade?
Image
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
User avatar
superbad

 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.