NEW ad publisher (no audio ads?)

NEW ad publisher (no audio ads?)

Postby clublakers on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 am

I just changed ad publishers on clublakers.com. It was impossible for me to pre-block audio ads, and that wasn't working.

THIS publisher appears to allow cleansing of ads before they are delivered -- let's see how it goes. Right now I have pre-blocked Audio, Adult and Flashing.

Public service announcements are being delivered this morning, and the real ads will probably come on later today.

Please report any problems here...
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby TIME on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Does this new publisher use redirect pages? For the first time ever today I was redirected to a LG TV ad page when entering forums.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby 10scott10 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:01 pm

thank you. now i can lsiten to music while surfing CL.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
10scott10

Postby 2Pacalypse on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Great job commish. :bow:
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm

10scott10 wrote:thank you. now i can lsiten to music while surfing CL.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
I'm glad for that too. Thanks CL.
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby Kasumi on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:53 pm

TIME wrote:Does this new publisher use redirect pages? For the first time ever today I was redirected to a LG TV ad page when entering forums.

Same here. I clicked to read a thread, was directed to an HP ad where it said on the botton "please wait while your page loads" and then had a countdown of 15 seconds (but you could click to 'skip ad'), then I got the thread that I had clicked on.

I also got a pop-up ad, despite all my pop up blockers.

Thanks for getting rid of the audio ads!
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:57 am

I was MOVED to another page today. It was a printer ad. Whole new page. Had to click "Skip this Ad" to get back to CL
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby clublakers on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:12 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:I was MOVED to another page today. It was a printer ad. Whole new page. Had to click "Skip this Ad" to get back to CL

Ok, thanks all for the info everyone -- I'll find a way to block those.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby clublakers on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 am

Well, I can see where a popup/under was delivered about 500 times yesterday, but I didn't select that ad type to publish.

I submitted a support ticket to get the code to block it on delivery. I'll apply when I get it... please be patient if it takes them until Monday to respond.

Thanks--

- Commish

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby TIME on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:19 am

clublakers wrote:Well, I can see where a popup/under was delivered about 500 times yesterday, but I didn't select that ad type to publish.

I submitted a support ticket to get the code to block it on delivery. I'll apply when I get it... please be patient if it takes them until Monday to respond.

Thanks--

- Commish

No problem. I don't like re-direct pages or pop-ups but they are not nearly as annoying as the old audio ads were. :mhihi:
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:56 pm

clublakers wrote:Well, I can see where a popup/under was delivered about 500 times yesterday, but I didn't select that ad type to publish.

Thanks--

- Commish

:jam2: :jam2: Thanks Commish
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments