"New Rules" ?

"New Rules" ?

Postby Chicano on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Are these new rules confirmed? I would think they'd have to accepted by more than one mod, but I could be wrong and I just can't see the majority of mods agreeing to this..

Realm of Shadows wrote:As long as this thread stays ON TOPIC I will allow it. For future reference please make a poll with relevant questions pertaining to the topic.

I'm going to post an announcement in the open court later as to what will no longer be allowed, example: No member can create more than 2 topics a day, triple posting is allowed by 4 in a row or more is not, posts irrelevant to a topic will get that thread locked. Signature enforcement will be tripled by me personally.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/cl-eti ... 86616.html

Do you agree with the "new rules"?

If you do, say yes and explain why.

If you don't, say no and explain why if you want.
Chicano

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Well this is news to alot of us.

I think Realm will discuss this scenario with the rest of the staff, but it doesn't seem like ALL these new rules are set in stone, just yet.

The staff appreciates your concern, but like I said, most of us don't even know about this yet. I think Realm, will discuss this with the staff first, before anything becomes finalized.

IMHO, he just wants to moderate the Open Court that most of the other mods (especially me) really don't venture into. So again, most of the mods with OC exposure will probably chime in before anything becomes final on this issue.
At 1st glance, most of those rules seem a weee bit excessive, but I think Realm is just trying to set a precedence.....trying to set up an extreme. However, I can't talk for Realm. I'll let him do that.

But for now, nothing is set in stone till all of the staff gets wind of this.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Shadow on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:43 pm

I guess if certain things aren't going to be allowed in Open Court then maybe they should change the name of the forum, dont you think? Maybe something like Acess Denied. I agree that certain things need to change around CL in order to improve the quality of posting, but how about setting an example instead of just preaching it. We need Mods/Admins to participate more in "decent discussions/threads" for others to follow. Setting certain rules aren't going to have any kind of impact on quality of posting in my opinion, its just going to run certain members out of CL, just like the Royal Room did.
Shadow

Postby Radner on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:25 pm

I don't think Realm should stop with Open Court. In my opinion, LD needs to be revamped as well. There seems to be a new thread every 5 minutes with no basis whatsoever. I don't think that should be discouraged but there needs to be distinctive forums for certain information. One area for subjective topics and one area for objective topics would be a great start.
Radner

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:28 pm

well we will have to talk this over..since I'm not VERY active in the open court I really can´t comment on it.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:04 am

love your sig 24@CL :man10: :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Kingsama on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Well this is news to alot of us.

I think Realm will discuss this scenario with the rest of the staff, but it doesn't seem like ALL these new rules are set in stone, just yet.

The staff appreciates your concern, but like I said, most of us don't even know about this yet. I think Realm, will discuss this with the staff first, before anything becomes finalized.

IMHO, he just wants to moderate the Open Court that most of the other mods (especially me) really don't venture into.
So again, most of the mods with OC exposure will probably chime in before anything becomes final on this issue.
At 1st glance, most of those rules seem a weee bit excessive, but I think Realm is just trying to set a precedence.....trying to set up an extreme. However, I can't talk for Realm. I'll let him do that.

But for now, nothing is set in stone till all of the staff gets wind of this.

i really am not trying to be a jerk and i mean this is a joke, but if OC is the forum that mods rarely go into, yet it works the best what is the problem...

now on a more serious note.

i appreciate realm and his passion to keep the OC on the up and up, but in truth the OC does not appear to need repair, only the present rules truly enforced especially the sig and cursing...

All and all i think the mods due a great job on every forum save for LD where it SEEMS that only a couple brave the waters of enforcement.

In the end i would like to thank yall for all your hard work...
Kingsama

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments