A new suggestion to Revolutionize Signatures completely

A new suggestion to Revolutionize Signatures completely

Postby Xepa on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:38 pm

How does the signature space limit work?? Is it space used or words typed? I think we should have more room for signatures to give us members, as a whole, to use the space for more creative things then just one liner quotes and pictures.

For example I am trying to make a club that has a bunch of people listed on it who support my idea. It's like a "mini thread" I carry with me for every post. I understand that signatures can't be too big but if I could have the luxery to allow more space for oh say 50 more names to fit in my signature that would be absolutely wonderful. Could anyone look into this??? Look at my signature and you will see what i'm talking about. A good example of this is from another site that i'll post up below

AK47 Fan Club Join Today!! [Private Messege me to join!]MEMBERS:Mavs Dude,Carter182,merc_cuban,Tristan, KG4MVP2, Zach, Stevemc, dre1218us, rawse, rynobot, DerangedDisco, Yao Mania, Mr. Roboto, ToddMacCulloch11, nikebasketball, Devastator, kgallstars, sheefo13, raps_luva, CAnthony15, DaBigTicketKG21

It isn't that big is it??

Again the point of this is to create more freedom to explore new options to further enhance the happiness and overall function of Clublakers. I am looking forward to replies and your thoughts about this.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:48 pm

you lost me at "How" but i wanna join your club
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:53 pm

Well we do have a limit to the amount of characters used for text per member. We have a signature standards for images which everyone needs to abide by. Our regulations are listed, and each member must follow them. Members wanna be unique so through avatars and signtures they do it. All we ask is that they follow the rules.
LakersGyrl2003

re

Postby Xepa on Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:03 pm

What is the current text limit?? I can't seem to post a lot on my signature :bang: Could you increase the text limit another 200 or so letters?? Again I want this so members, as a general, could be innovative with their signature space and open up new ideas for signature than just pictures and one liners. I would have so much more freedom to add more members if I had another 200 letters. Thanks.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Re: re

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:10 pm

radronOmega wrote:What is the current text limit?? I can't seem to post a lot on my signature :bang: Could you increase the text limit another 200 or so letters?? Again I want this so members, as a general, could be innovative with their signature space and open up new ideas for signature than just pictures and one liners. I would have so much more freedom to add more members if I had another 200 letters. Thanks.

Well members are only allocated so much, and if they have to prove their status with just images and texts then that just goes to show how much they been contributing in the real forums. If members want to be more innovative, then they need to participate in the Lakers Discussion and debate on issues, instead of hanging around the Open Court all day.

So what are you talking about "adding more members"? Have u talked to any of the mods about this?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:16 pm

current text limit is 300, and will likely shrink as soon as I sit down to figure out how much bandwidth the new animated signatures absorb.

We must be sensitive to our modem users.

Please keep in mind that your signature appears every time you post -- it is a nice, brief form of expression, but is repetitive. Very repetitive. If you have something extroardinary in length to post I recommend creating a web page with the data and providing a link to it.

We will likely limit users to a single line of text if they are also using a graphic signature, or 300 characters if they are not using a graphic. More to come on this.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments