a 'other sport' section

a 'other sport' section

Postby SMUnderground on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:18 pm

i personally think it's that 'necessary'..

but when the season comes i see a lot of NFL NCAA maybe NHL post in teh open court and i duno which one to post in..

maybe we can make a 'other sports secion and have NFL NCAA NHL WNBA in it?

what do you guys think?
SMUnderground

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:18 pm

somewhat agree, yes, other forums have it and it would be nice to separate "others" with "sports"***
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:27 pm

I can see the argument from both sides. This is a Laker forum, so if you want to specifically have a forum about another sport, then discuss it somewhere else, if a topic in the Open Court isn't good enough. Then again many people would like such a forum here. I personally don't care either way.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:38 pm

I don't think we have enough sports traffic in Open Court right now to open up a whole forum for it.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:03 pm

I prefer having Contributing members better--they have contributing member tags under their username (as much as I hate to say the idea comes from a Sacramento forum--but its not a bad idea) and we have to pay money to CL or something to be a contributing member. Being a contributing member you get almost all of the same advantages that mods have...I don't know if you guys would want that though
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby PrimeTime on Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:02 pm

Just post your other sports ish in the open court section... I don't see why not...

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby SMUnderground on Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:14 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I don't think we have enough sports traffic in Open Court right now to open up a whole forum for it.

im pretty sure there will be pepole posting on it..just like the 'hoop' forum..you'll never know..

at least i don't see the harm in trying..but it's totally up to you mods. and cl
SMUnderground

Postby Guest on Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:20 pm

I've been trying to get this for months and they said they would think about it.

Postby clublakers on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:20 am

1) Regarding "contributing members", I don't want your money -- just send editorials and php code. The original intent of this site was to have a fan site that doesn't get overcome by greed. So far, we have managed to keep the site advertising free.

2) Other Sports forum: the Open Court forum is doing very well and has enough traffic to justify a split. However, we have learned that many members get upset when we add more forums. When considering additional forums we try to consider our purpose here, which is report and discuss Lakers. An additional Other Sports forum could never be rationalized as a benefit to our reporting and discussing Lakers, and would also potentially add to the need to break up into individual sports -- NHL, NFL, MLBA, Rugby, etc.

...still, I've always maintained that a forum can be deleted as easily as added, and we'll never know for sure if it will succeed until given a shot.

I will discuss with the staff again for consideration.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:21 am

The staff is discussing and voting on the forum as we speak.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:08 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:The staff is discussing and voting on the forum as we speak.

ahh..nice..can i be a mod?.. :man1:
SMUnderground

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:50 pm

Oh god have mercy.

Postby PrimeTime on Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Posto wrote:Oh god have mercy.

Posto, I agree with you... LOL. That was funny... Also, I do really want to be a mod... At least I will be repsonsible... Even if I'm a mod only for the Hoop Gear Forum... PLEASE! C'mon mods... Talk it over!! I know I haven't been here too long, but I love this site and would gladly appreciate if I could become more than just another member...

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby TheZen on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:46 pm

PrimeTime wrote:
Posto wrote:Oh god have mercy.

Posto, I agree with you... LOL. That was funny... Also, I do really want to be a mod... At least I will be repsonsible... Even if I'm a mod only for the Hoop Gear Forum... PLEASE! C'mon mods... Talk it over!! I know I haven't been here too long, but I love this site and would gladly appreciate if I could become more than just another member...

~Out, Prime

as the wise buddhist at the temple once told me, those that are most deserving are those who dont ask for what they want.

wait your turn...your time will come. oOO KB8 OOo and i never asked to be mods. The current mods recognized our skills and came to us with the proposition of being a mod of the Hoop Gear Forum. Your time will come sooner or later
TheZen

Postby BDG on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:53 pm

Easiest way to become a moderator is to offer something new to the site and conduct yourself in a respectable manner.

Let's take myself for example. I started out with founding the Theater forum (with CL's help) by giving some high quality videos to the site. Eventually I was recommended and moved up to a "full-forum" moderator.

The point is if you offer something unique to the site, chances are you'll be appointed to some position.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Everybody wants to be a mod, which is why there won't be a new mod. It will just cause desention and start rivalries. So the more everybody cries about wanting to be a mod, the more your chances dwindle.

Postby TheZen on Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:19 pm

Posto wrote:Everybody wants to be a mod, which is why there won't be a new mod. It will just cause desention and start rivalries. So the more everybody cries about wanting to be a mod, the more your chances dwindle.

exactly
TheZen

Postby PrimeTime on Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:40 pm

TheZen wrote:
Posto wrote:Everybody wants to be a mod, which is why there won't be a new mod. It will just cause desention and start rivalries. So the more everybody cries about wanting to be a mod, the more your chances dwindle.

exactly

Aight. I was just asking... I don't want it like now! LOL. I just wanted to know if it would be possible... and basically, it's like really hard to find something to add to this site that hasn't been added...

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:42 pm

well maybe i can find some news article on the specific sport..
SMUnderground

Postby clublakers on Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:19 am

Sorry player, shot down in flames by the staff. Good effort though. We will revisit at a later time as traffic grows.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:26 pm

clublakers wrote:Sorry player, shot down in flames by the staff. Good effort though. We will revisit at a later time as traffic grows.

Good job mods!

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:31 pm

ahhhh poop.

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments