Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Postby SnakeDoctor on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 pm

Is there something that can be done about all these "polls" in the Laker Discussion board? Frankly, lakerfan9 and all of his polls (not to mention the poll questions, which I think speak for themselves) are clogging up the board and making me not want to visit any longer.

How about a seperate board for polls? I enjoy coming to this site, but since this recent barrage of rather ridiculous polls every 5 minutes, it takes away from the clublakers boards and good discussion.

Thanks,

SnakeDoctor
SnakeDoctor

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:40 pm

just don't go to them, avoid them and that will solve your problem
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:21 pm

Trust me, if the staff feels there are polls that are unreasonable or already being discussed - we will close them.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:30 pm

I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do about that. In time they'll go away.

I think it's just a few new members that realized they can make polls so they make em every second.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SnakeDoctor on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:36 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do about that. In time they'll go away.

I think it's just a few new members that realized they can make polls so they make em every second.

cool.........at least i know someone else is feelin what im sayin......im not trying to hate, it just seems that it has been a little wild lately and i guess that 'jerry west sucks' poll kind of put me over the edge.......

:patriot: :smoker: :ball1:
SnakeDoctor

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:49 pm

I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:56 pm

Posto wrote:I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.
And those are usually started by bandwagoners or Laker haters...

Where's the Laker faith? :disagree:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:02 pm

I dunno but I don't have time for them.

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:11 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Posto wrote:I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.
And those are usually started by bandwagoners or Laker haters...

Where's the Laker faith? :disagree:

I know huh? (GEORGE LOPEZ LOL.) But for reals. It gets really annoying! I hate these people!

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:14 pm

yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.
SMUnderground

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:15 pm

SMUnderground wrote:yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.

Yeah. That's usually where the locked post occur - right after games.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
SMUnderground wrote:yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.

Yeah. That's usually where the locked post occur - right after games.

We should get someone to do statistics for this site, and see when we have the most locked threads. LOL. That would be funny.

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:28 pm

or like who has the most locked thread
SMUnderground

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:32 pm

SMUnderground wrote:or like who has the most locked thread
or like, didn't PrimeTime just say that? :man10:

It's all good... did you mean locked the most threads?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:42 pm

We should get someone to do statistics for this site, and see when we have the most locked threads. LOL. That would be funny.

prime is talking time..im talking about who's topic got locked teh most.. :man12:
SMUnderground

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:02 pm

Ah I see-- my bad.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:23 pm

Yes, I just closed 2 polls.

If they don't pertain to CURRENT happening or current subjects. They're getting closed down.

I don't want to see polls in the "Lakers Forum" asking who would win in a 1 on 1 matchup. You get me?

If you want that kind of stuff, post it in the OFF TOPIC forum.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:54 pm

sigh..people will just never learn.. :man12:
SMUnderground

Re: Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:01 pm

SnakeDoctor wrote:Is there something that can be done about all these "polls" in the Laker Discussion board? Frankly, lakerfan9 and all of his polls (not to mention the poll questions, which I think speak for themselves) are clogging up the board and making me not want to visit any longer.

How about a seperate board for polls? I enjoy coming to this site, but since this recent barrage of rather ridiculous polls every 5 minutes, it takes away from the clublakers boards and good discussion.

Thanks,

SnakeDoctor
Amen, I could not agree more. It's getting to the point where every friggin post is a poll (and half of them are ridiculous ones at that). I love posting here, but some of the garbage you have to filter through to get to a decent discussion gets very tiresome. Anyway, I won't mention any names, but I'm thinking of the same people that SnakeDoctor mentioned :man12:

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments