Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Postby SnakeDoctor on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 pm

Is there something that can be done about all these "polls" in the Laker Discussion board? Frankly, lakerfan9 and all of his polls (not to mention the poll questions, which I think speak for themselves) are clogging up the board and making me not want to visit any longer.

How about a seperate board for polls? I enjoy coming to this site, but since this recent barrage of rather ridiculous polls every 5 minutes, it takes away from the clublakers boards and good discussion.

Thanks,

SnakeDoctor
User avatar
SnakeDoctor

 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: The LBC

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:40 pm

just don't go to them, avoid them and that will solve your problem
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93988
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:21 pm

Trust me, if the staff feels there are polls that are unreasonable or already being discussed - we will close them.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:30 pm

I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do about that. In time they'll go away.

I think it's just a few new members that realized they can make polls so they make em every second.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40953
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby SnakeDoctor on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:36 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I agree with you, but there's nothing we can do about that. In time they'll go away.

I think it's just a few new members that realized they can make polls so they make em every second.


cool.........at least i know someone else is feelin what im sayin......im not trying to hate, it just seems that it has been a little wild lately and i guess that 'jerry west sucks' poll kind of put me over the edge.......

:patriot: :smoker: :ball1:
User avatar
SnakeDoctor

 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: The LBC

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:49 pm

I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.
Guest

 

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:56 pm

Posto wrote:I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.
And those are usually started by bandwagoners or Laker haters...

Where's the Laker faith? :disagree:
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40953
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:02 pm

I dunno but I don't have time for them.
Guest

 

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:11 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Posto wrote:I just avoid the Lakers discussion all together. Everytime we lose a game there's 40 new threads about our dynasty being over.
And those are usually started by bandwagoners or Laker haters...

Where's the Laker faith? :disagree:

I know huh? (GEORGE LOPEZ LOL.) But for reals. It gets really annoying! I hate these people!


~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

 

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:14 pm

yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.
Image
User avatar
SMUnderground

 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: SM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:15 pm

SMUnderground wrote:yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.

Yeah. That's usually where the locked post occur - right after games.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
SMUnderground wrote:yea..it's really annoyning after a lose..there's massive topic that i think should be in teh 'gameday' forum.

Yeah. That's usually where the locked post occur - right after games.


We should get someone to do statistics for this site, and see when we have the most locked threads. LOL. That would be funny.


~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

 

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:28 pm

or like who has the most locked thread
Image
User avatar
SMUnderground

 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: SM

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:32 pm

SMUnderground wrote:or like who has the most locked thread
or like, didn't PrimeTime just say that? :man10:

It's all good... did you mean locked the most threads?
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40953
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:42 pm

We should get someone to do statistics for this site, and see when we have the most locked threads. LOL. That would be funny.


prime is talking time..im talking about who's topic got locked teh most.. :man12:
Image
User avatar
SMUnderground

 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: SM

Postby BDG on Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:02 pm

Ah I see-- my bad.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40953
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:23 pm

Yes, I just closed 2 polls.

If they don't pertain to CURRENT happening or current subjects. They're getting closed down.

I don't want to see polls in the "Lakers Forum" asking who would win in a 1 on 1 matchup. You get me?

If you want that kind of stuff, post it in the OFF TOPIC forum.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:54 pm

sigh..people will just never learn.. :man12:
Image
User avatar
SMUnderground

 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: SM

Re: Out of Control with all the Polls.........

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:01 pm

SnakeDoctor wrote:Is there something that can be done about all these "polls" in the Laker Discussion board? Frankly, lakerfan9 and all of his polls (not to mention the poll questions, which I think speak for themselves) are clogging up the board and making me not want to visit any longer.

How about a seperate board for polls? I enjoy coming to this site, but since this recent barrage of rather ridiculous polls every 5 minutes, it takes away from the clublakers boards and good discussion.

Thanks,

SnakeDoctor
Amen, I could not agree more. It's getting to the point where every friggin post is a poll (and half of them are ridiculous ones at that). I love posting here, but some of the garbage you have to filter through to get to a decent discussion gets very tiresome. Anyway, I won't mention any names, but I'm thinking of the same people that SnakeDoctor mentioned :man12:
Guest

 


Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.