Problem with skipping down the page while replying

Problem with skipping down the page while replying

Postby Sirron on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:09 am

I am wondering if this only happens to me.

I am typing out a response to something, and if I pause after just a bit, the section I am typing in, assuming it goes beyond what you can view in the screen before the scroll bar appears, it automatically pops back up to the top. I then have to scroll back down to get to where I need to be to continue typing.

Now usually the cursor stays down there, but you are popped back to the top of the post.

I have tried different scenarios such as quoting or not quoting to see if I could narrow down a cause, but have had no success while doing so. This can be a bit frustrating while typing out a well thought comment (save your wisecracks) :man10: if you have to keep scrolling down to find your place again.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Re: Problem with skipping down the page while replying

Postby Barnstable on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:09 am

All the freakin time and it drives me nuts :bang: :bang:

I posted the same question and a request to fix the problem before, but never got an answer. This is a really annoying problem. Please someone fix this problem.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:27 am

I tried to reproduce that and didn't succeed in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

A note:
i had a suspicion that it's a difference of how IE and FF treat focusing of HTML elements, but apparently it is not it, at least for me. And I am not sure how phpBB does it.

What exactly happened, step by step? May be I can be of help here?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby clublakers on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:52 am

Guys, I'm adding this to the bug list, thanks.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Shadow on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 am

Yeah it happens to me as well. Its frustrating!
Shadow

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Bump!

Still driving me crazy.

To specifically describe it:

I will be typing a long post to the point where it goes past the size of the typing field and you get a scroll bar on the side of the typing field. I can keep typing for a while before it starts to jump back up to the top of the typing field, but eventually if I keep typing a long post, it will jump to the top. The point where the post gets so big that it starts to jump to the top is pretty consistent. It only jumps when the scroll cursor is at or near the bottom of the bar. But it seems pretty random how often it will happen after the first time. There doesn't seem to be anything that I do, like typing more, or backspacing or anything that makes it happen. Sometimes it will jump to the top of the page immediately, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a minute or two. The only thing I've found that stops this is if, when it happens, I press enter a bunch of times so that the cursor in the side of the scroll bar is near the center of the bar. The page always jumps back up, but then if I scroll down to the point where I was typing, the scroll cursor is in the center of the bar, so the page doesn't jump to the top from that point anymore. After I'm done typing, I erase all the spaces I made with enter, so it looks like a normal post.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mookie on Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Also happens to me, but not only on this forum, also on a different forum I post all he time that has the same code, it's frustrating to write long posts lol.
Mookie

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments