Rules Clarification ... for us curious types.

Rules Clarification ... for us curious types.

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:37 am

It appears that some people just can't take a hint ... and seem to think they can get away with anything around here simply because they've been around for awhile ...

Is this the way things work around here? ... cause if so, I'll keep that in mind.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... 1ab75500a9

HEY A.S.S.H.O.L.E,

lol, T pups fan.......there is no way im gunna get banned from this site. no way u fool. look since when i have been here, which means they can trust me and even if i do slip up ill talk with BDG or lakergyrl or dynasty or whoever and it will be cool. sit down little boy......

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:25 am

Thanks for pointing this out. To all members: if you don't point em out, we might not catch em.

We'll take a look into this and make a decision.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby K-O-punch on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:06 am

hmm. mods, just a suggestion, if another team fans just try to post anything, even by going around the rules, and intentionally post blatantly stupid opinion on this board just to get a rise from someone like what that t-pups fans and futurefelonkobe did so very often, then why not ban him?

a troll is a troll, with or without cuzz words and obvious personal attack, but read between the lines....some people can be a troll without a cuss word (that t-pups fan is one of them), and some people can be a loyal even when they spew cuss words like 10 times in every sentences.

are you sayin' you're gonna ban alot of people, just because their emotion got the best of them when they faced with trolls like t-pups fans?then why is this a lakers fans' site in the first place?the reaction is expected, especially when alot of lakers fans are on this board.

i'm not sayin' we shouldn't have any other team fans here on this board, there are alot of them out there, but plz differentiate between other team fans, and trolls like these ones.
K-O-punch

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:14 am

FantizzleFizzle wrote:hmm. mods, just a suggestion, if another team fans just try to post anything, even by going around the rules, and intentionally post blatantly stupid opinion on this board just to get a rise from someone like what that t-pups fans and futurefelonkobe did so very often, then why not ban him?

a troll is a troll, with or without cuzz words and obvious personal attack, but read between the lines....some people can be a troll without a cuss word (that t-pups fan is one of them), and some people can be a loyal even when they spew cuss words like 10 times in every sentences.

are you sayin' you're gonna ban alot of people, just because their emotion got the best of them when they faced with trolls like t-pups fans?then why is this a lakers fans' site in the first place?the reaction is expected, especially when alot of lakers fans are on this board.

i'm not sayin' we shouldn't have any other team fans here on this board, there are alot of them out there, but plz differentiate between other team fans, and trolls like these ones.
Why are some people on here always complaining about fans from other teams in this forum? My god, if you can't handle an opinion that you don't agree with, then maybe it is you who needs to leave this site. If you have such a problem with people like T-Wolves Rule or futurefelonkobe, then it's simple, just ignore their posts. Personally, I like having people on this site who have a different opinion. It makes for better arguments. Or we can get rid of them and sit here and talk about the same crap over and over again...blah blah blah blah. Also, I could name a few fellow Laker fans on this site who are useless posters that I would rather see go than T-Wolves or futurefelon, but I'm not going to name anyone. At least these 2 guys have some legit arguments and make things interesting.

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:15 am

To FantizzleFizzle:

Dude, you have to understand that if you can't control your emotions, don't post an "emotional" post. This isn't life or death here.

CL's idea for a basketball forum was to have people come and bring intelligent debate about basketball. Who cares if T-Wolves Rule or anyone else has a stupid opinion? There are ways of proving people wrong by using logic. :man4: Yes it's true.

If we started banning what you call "trolls," we'd be like kingsfans.com. Over there, they ban you if you don't praise their home team. We're not like that here. We're more than lenient with our members compared to most other b-ball forums.

If they're just trying to stir something up, let them. The point of a basketball forum is to have fun, not to get all flustered and emotional about it. However, when cussing and personal attacks are made, we get complaints and that's where the site staff comes in.

We welcome all fans with all viewpoints, no matter how stupid they are (I'm not referring to T-Wolves Rule here). If they have a dumb opinion on basketball, it will and it should be proven wrong through DEBATE, not through personal attacks.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby K-O-punch on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 am

but don't you find it annoying when he post on every topic just to annoy the hell out of our fellow lakers fans?

me personally, i enjoy pulling his strings, i just don't think other lakers fans should be held accountable if they lost it.

you ask us to ignore his post, it's not like we wanted to read his stupid posts, but we can't help it, he's postin' everywhere we post, even on the topic where we wanna talk about something, it always turn into one of those "the lakers sux" vs "the t-wolves sux" kind of topic...

i don't ask other fans to praise our teams and players either, but if they're a troll, then they're a troll, call it as you see it.

thank you.
K-O-punch

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:25 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:To FantizzleFizzle:

Dude, you have to understand that if you can't control your emotions, don't post an "emotional" post. This isn't life or death here.

CL's idea for a basketball forum was to have people come and bring intelligent debate about basketball. Who cares if T-Wolves Rule or anyone else has a stupid opinion? There are ways of proving people wrong by using logic. :man4: Yes it's true.

If we started banning what you call "trolls," we'd be like kingsfans.com. Over there, they ban you if you don't praise their home team. We're not like that here. We're more than lenient with our members compared to most other b-ball forums.

If they're just trying to stir something up, let them. The point of a basketball forum is to have fun, not to get all flustered and emotional about it. However, when cussing and personal attacks are made, we get complaints and that's where the site staff comes in.

We welcome all fans with all viewpoints, no matter how stupid they are (I'm not referring to T-Wolves Rule here). If they have a dumb opinion on basketball, it will and it should be proven wrong through DEBATE, not through personal attacks.

Perfectly said B....the only thing I want to add is that if people are getting fed up with "stupid" posts that lower the quality and standard of b-ball talk around here then guess what....no one will refer to those posts. This in effect causes the author of these "stupid" posts to raise the bar so that members will involve him in discussion once again. I say the best way to treat unintelligent or "stupid" posts is to simply ignore them....no matter how badly you want to post how stupid their contribution to CL is....just ignore these type of posts and you will see, that members will want to raise the bar....and if they can't...guess what?...they end up leaving.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:29 am

FantizzleFizzle wrote:me personally, i enjoy pulling his strings, i just don't think other lakers fans should be held accountable if they lost it.
At the same time you can say "Why should other Laker fans be held accountable for it if someone acts stupid by starting a personal attack?" Keep in mind that making personal attacks to a decent post is one way to make you look like you know nothing about basketball.

The point is that no matter what type of fan you are, if you come to talk basketball without breaking the rules, you're fine. It works out that way like Vasashi is saying.

If someone's acting stupid in your eyes, then let them act that way. Your reputation here is gained through strong posting and good hoops talk. That's one of the reasons we don't use a ranking system here.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:47 am

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8573

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... 0&start=20

talkin about peoples my mom,dad and relatives and some else being gay dude is outta control :disagree:
Last edited by SWOL on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:48 am

swolswol wrote:http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8573

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... 0&start=20

talkin about peoples mom's and being gay
Thanks, swol-- we got it... we're just awaiting CL's word on it.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FirstLady on Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:04 pm

FantizzleFizzle wrote:hmm. mods, just a suggestion, if another team fans just try to post anything, even by going around the rules, and intentionally post blatantly stupid opinion on this board just to get a rise from someone like what that t-pups fans and futurefelonkobe did so very often, then why not ban him?

T-Wolves Rule did not "go around the rules." There was no evidence of any personal attack or use of cuss words, modified or otherwise, by him

ANY member who uses cuss words, modified or otherwise, will be warned for directly violating the site rules. If it continues, then they will be banned. Plain and simple! There's no exceptions for "loyal members," because, truthfully, if they were such loyal members, they wouldn't break the rules.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby mervtheperv on Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:04 pm

:pd: Sup all. GO LAKERS. Any fan should be allowed to post their opinions. Im more of a Cavs fan than Lakers, but why do people care. Fizzleshizzle, stick it up yo asshizzle and leave the KG fan alone. Can I get a lay-up? :pd: :ball6: :pd:

cavs will win it all <edit> it!
mervtheperv

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:12 pm

Lay-up... Sorry had to say "lay-up"

We welcome fans from all teams... We dont show preference for any members just because they're Lakers fans. We show respect for fans of other teams and we welcome all their opinions. If any members feel like they can't handle a simple opinion, then just move on to the next post, and let someone who can, deal with it. I for one can handle any opinions given from any other fans. That's why I love it here so much, because this site isn't just one track minded. There's many persepctives here, and that's whay makes our site so unique.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:39 am

For the record, I dig T-Wolves Rule. He stays.

Anyone, no matter how many pro-Laker posts you have made on this board, will go if you can't stick to the hoop topics and choose to flame him instead.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:52 pm

There you have it... As clublakers sais, "T.C.O.!"
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments