Split Up Moderator Positions

Split Up Moderator Positions

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:56 pm

Ok, i think we have too many mods for each forum. They're mostly the same moderators, but i mean don't you think it would be better to split them up so each mod, or two mods concentrate on a forum, instead of 10?
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:59 pm

No, each moderator helps the success of the forums. Especially when you have hundreds to thousands of posts everyday. We need more moderators on big forums than one or two.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:08 pm

yeah, the more mods, the better your time at CL is. We help keep the forums clean, messages where they belong, and make sure no flaming is going on. And the more mods we have for a forum, the better chance one of us will be on and will be able to take care of whatever the issue may be in that forum
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:09 pm

Not only has multiple moderators led this forum to great success, but LG.net and LTalk.com as well...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Re: Split Up Moderator Positions

Postby FirstLady on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:58 pm

Lakermagic wrote:Ok, i think we have too many mods for each forum. They're mostly the same moderators, but i mean don't you think it would be better to split them up so each mod, or two mods concentrate on a forum, instead of 10?

What, exactly, are your concerns? :man3:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby PrimeTime on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:36 pm

Too bad no one really posts at LG anymore. LOL. I used to go a lot, but now this is my Home! ......(Page LOL)

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:33 pm

I personally think everything is fine just the way it is. All us mods aren't on, at the same time other ones are on, and we the access that we have currently. Like the rest have said previously, they know wussup :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:44 pm

how do you be a moderator?..hehe
SMUnderground

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

When moderator status begun, we just sent in our "application" for what we can contribute to the site, and what we think we're expected to do. We started off with limited mod status, then it expanded, with more and more forums. Then more new moderators were needed for the new forums that we're created. And most mods have jobs to do like posting photos, news, videos, highlights, editorials, wallpapers, and all that. If u wanna contribute to this, then hit up CL. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:52 pm

ahh..haha..well i can't do any of that stuff..haha..i only spend a LOT of time on this website..hehe..im like obsessed with this site
SMUnderground

Postby TheZen on Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:08 pm

Or in the case of o0O kb8 O0o and I, we were appointed moderator jobs by BDG and was then approved by the rest of the moderators including CL
TheZen

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:36 pm

FirstLady wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:Ok, i think we have too many mods for each forum. They're mostly the same moderators, but i mean don't you think it would be better to split them up so each mod, or two mods concentrate on a forum, instead of 10?

i don't have any concerns. but why not get more mods to have designated forums to mod to make it easier on everyone? mods will do better if they are focused on thier own forum instead of EVERY forum.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:58 pm

Lakermagic wrote:
FirstLady wrote:

i don't have any concerns. but why not get more mods to have designated forums to mod to make it easier on everyone? mods will do better if they are focused on thier own forum instead of EVERY forum.
The reason for this is that we all cover for each other as a team. We obviously all have lives outside of CL.com and we can't be here 24/7. Therefore, we have many mods on each forum, so we can cover for each other. When one person's offline, someone else will surely be on making sure everything's running smoothly and our members are enjoying the best experience possible.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:29 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:
FirstLady wrote:

The reason for this is that we all cover for each other as a team. We obviously all have lives outside of CL.com and we can't be here 24/7. Therefore, we have many mods on each forum, so we can cover for each other. When one person's offline, someone else will surely be on making sure everything's running smoothly and our members are enjoying the best experience possible.

That's understandable, but 7 mods for hoop gear forum? you should just have a few global mods... oh well nevermind.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:18 am

The more the merrier :jam2: Plus what BDG said. We all cover for eachother, and we all work as a team. We just don't specify like 3 mods for one forum, cuz at any god given time they all won't be online, and who would cover for them? I for one am usually on durin the early mornings around 10pm til like 5am California time, so I can account for bein the only moderator on durin this time.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:03 am

The mods are not just assigned to manage members, but content as well. In some situation 3 mods may have moderator access, but the other 2 are assigned simply to manage content.

In the end our mods dedicate their free time to this site and I prefer to give them access to the forums that interest them. They determne and tell me if they should be added or removed from a forum's mod list.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby señorita on Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:25 pm

It's perfectly fine the way it is now. I've noticed that whenever u go online, at least one mod is there to take care of the forums.
señorita

Postby Mookie on Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:27 pm

great, so i guess no mod job for me,
im a still send an application to cl and tell them how i can contribute
Mookie

Postby clublakers on Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:24 am

There are MANY ways for members to contribute as staff members. We add positions all of the time.

Anyone who is willing to dedicate a little time to the board should pm me with what it is that you want to do.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments