stickied player threads

stickied player threads

Postby blakeruns on Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:29 am

im curious, how come LD doesnt just have a stickied (or even not stickied) thread
for each individual player where all discussion regarding that player could take
place in?

Like "the official Kobe thread"
"The official L.O. thread" etc...

it would compile all the thoughts and discussion on each player into one thread

im sure there are some cons, but i think the pros would outweigh them.

thoughts?
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:45 am

I think there are just soo many things to talk about when it comes to each player. So a stickied thread wouldn't do each player a service.

However, I see why you would suggest the notion Blake.

I too absolutely do not look forward going into LD after a loss. I know I will be welcomed with multiple LO, Kwame, Luke, and for those brave enough...Kobe threads where its always the same members that will go back and forth criticizing and defending said player. Like any other staff member, we just gotta remember to bring our keys, cause there's going to be alot of locking up that needs to be done.

ALL opinions are welcome here. So lets just get that out of the way.

However, the quality of this website would overwhelmingly become better, if people just got the idea that there is no "right" or "wrong" .....there is no "winning" or "losing" when it comes to YOUR own opinion.

Discussion/debates are largely to educate and reveal the other side of your opinion. There are 2 sides to each coin aka discussion You should use these opportunities to learn the other aspect of something....an aspect that you may have missed or you may have not been open minded enough to see before.

Players will have their fans on both sides (pro and anti). But overall, we are a Laker community. We all want whats BEST for our team.

Instead of trying to "pwn" a fellow member of our great Laker community, try to educate them of your opinion and try to learn from their opinion/vantage point.

For every simple hateful/adoring post, I also see certain members go in-depth into why they feel a certain way.

Instead of posting JUST hate or JUST adoration for a player...explain why you feel that way. That way you can teach/educate others as to why that certain outlook is even made. In return, stay open minded and learn the other vantage point.

If most members do this, then the quality of CL goes through the roof.

At the end of the day, the majority shouldn't be largely in agreement cause that is the beauty of a message board...seeing so many varying opinions.

But if you just disagree with something so passionately, walk away and "agree to disagree" instead of going back and forth with one or a group of members for multiple pages....in which I'm sure, not everybody is reading every word.

Remember, adopt the mentality of teaching/learning...NOT the mentality of trying to "pwn". Its counterproductive and its not what CL is about.

Notice that you have an avatar, a mini profile and a post count. You do not have a "pwnage meter".
Last edited by Vasashi17 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:52 am

^ Plus 15 stickies would clutter things up just a little.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby blakeruns on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 pm

thanks for the response Vashk, very good points

and JSM, i figured out the stickies was not a good idea, because the discussion
taking place would be at the top anyways. people could probably go weeks w/o
needing to talk about Coby Karl or Mihm, so those would fal to page 2 or 3
(or pg. 4,5,&6 :man10: )
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments