Take out "Site Rules" forum

Take out "Site Rules" forum

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:09 pm

okay. i think that there should just be a topic of the site rules pinned in the lakers discussion forum. the forum just kinda takes up space a bit. but whatever you want is fine..
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Yeah I agree with you, I don't like the fact that there is one forum, for one post. But whatever the chief wants he will get. We'll see about this, I'll discuss it with the staff.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Well, I think due to the fact that so many members and guests have "overlooked" the Censored Words, No Flaming, and signature size rules, it was necessary to make a seperate, individual thread for the rules. Hopefully, it will garner more attention standing on it's on, than it did when it was just another post in an existing thread. Therefore, I think it's a good idea that should stay.
Image
User avatar
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Midwest by way of Cali

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:18 pm

well if that's the case... but still members are still overlooking it. i don't think they're going to go into a serate forum just to look at the words, when it would be easier for them to see a pinned topic.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:59 pm

Well, if folks still seem to be "overlooking" the rules, now that there's a seperate forum for them, the next obvious thing to do is to start banning violators after they've been warned. I bet they'll get the message then! :man10:

Seriously though, our administrator (CL), first decided to have a thread regarding the rules. Then, after it seemed the problems continued, HE decided to create a seperate forum with the rules listed, because HE thought it would stand out more. So, it is now the way it is because HE wants it that way. I completely agree with him because once the banning starts, members can't say they weren't aware of the rules when they're right here in their own forum.
Image
User avatar
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Midwest by way of Cali

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:36 pm

Very true First Lady, very true indeed.

If people didn't break the rules, there really wouldn't be no reason for the forum.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:01 pm

FirstLady wrote:Well, if folks still seem to be "overlooking" the rules, now that there's a seperate forum for them, the next obvious thing to do is to start banning violators after they've been warned. I bet they'll get the message then! :man10:

Seriously though, our administrator (CL), first decided to have a thread regarding the rules. Then, after it seemed the problems continued, HE decided to create a seperate forum with the rules listed, because HE thought it would stand out more. So, it is now the way it is because HE wants it that way. I completely agree with him because once the banning starts, members can't say they weren't aware of the rules when they're right here in their own forum.


okay well if members aren't getting the idea with the topic... how do you know if this idea is working better? i'm not saying he's wrong about having a forum for it, i just think they're are other ways to inforce the rules you know? that's why they're are moderators for every forum! if members don't see the rules, and they break them, the moderators are the ones who are there to enforce them. so what i mean is, even if the rules aren't seen, moderators must enforce them. if they are enforced correctly, i'm sure members will begin to know about them, and abide by them! I post here every so often, this is my number 1 site for Laker news. And when I visit here, I really don't notice anything wrong at all. I knew one guy who was banned, but he deserved it. Honestly, I just care about the site and truly am trying to make it better for everyone.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:26 am

See and the funny thing about it is that when we hit up members, they dont send replies back to us confirming that they know what they did. We use to have the rules stickied in each section, and seemingly rules are still broken. I do like the idea of the site rules section because it's better than havin a post in every section, IMO.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby clublakers on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:52 am

Good points by everyone --

The site rules have never been permanently posted before. They existed as stickies in the past, but stickies get overlooked after a short time. They get overlooked, we remove them, and then we no longer have site rules posted anywhere for the newcomers to reference.

They do have to exist in order to avoid the "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong" response.

How about we post them as an announcement at the beginning of the Site Improvements forum and change it to "Site Rules and Suggestions". I think we can also lose the Abuse Report forum -- this now gets handled via pm's to the mods, and doesn't really need to be held public.

Thoughts?
Call it from Heaven Chick.

Image
User avatar
clublakers
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3936
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: So Cal

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:48 pm

clublakers wrote:Good points by everyone --

The site rules have never been permanently posted before. They existed as stickies in the past, but stickies get overlooked after a short time. They get overlooked, we remove them, and then we no longer have site rules posted anywhere for the newcomers to reference.

They do have to exist in order to avoid the "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong" response.

How about we post them as an announcement at the beginning of the Site Improvements forum and change it to "Site Rules and Suggestions". I think we can also lose the Abuse Report forum -- this now gets handled via pm's to the mods, and doesn't really need to be held public.

Thoughts?


100% agreed. and if you need any help. i finally got cable and i'm online all the time, so i can mod, or do something around here finally.

Site rules and suggestions = perfect.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:28 pm

Why not make it a message sent to new members by default? Make it stand out I guess because most groups send messages when you join. Any kind of clue how this could work if it ever happens?
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
732
User avatar
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo
 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: USC by way of Los Angeles

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:18 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:Why not make it a message sent to new members by default? Make it stand out I guess because most groups send messages when you join. Any kind of clue how this could work if it ever happens?


i am not sure you can do that with this type of message board, it really just depends. that would work but i don't think so. and to do it manually, i think would kind of be a hassle.

i really don't think we have a big problem with our members anyways, most of them are good people. they don't cause too much trouble.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:41 am

It's DA's job to greet new members, and I'm sure he can't catch every single new one. But he is the PR manager, and I he's doin his job. But LakerMagic, if u wanna become a site mod or anything, hit up CL about it, and what u would like to do. :jam2:

I like the Site Rules and Suggestions alot.. That's pretty coo... I liked the Abuse Report section too, because harassment does need to be noticed, and we can't catch everything that happens in every single topic. If members feel like they're bein harassed, or if we feel like they are, then we can PM eachother about it, or go public or whatever. What do ya'll think?
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am


Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.