The "open court" Area should be Universal!

The "open court" Area should be Universal!

Postby civilrage on Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:55 pm

The "open court" area with all of its contents should be universal accros all of the club boards... A more widely supported open court and other areas could help unify alot of the club boards and "self polinate" so to speak.

I think that different club areas could have different names on their respective websites like "open court" or "right field" but still lead to the same area!

Let me know what you think.
Tuning/Breaking a Lancer for 5 + years
civilrage

Postby KB24 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:02 pm

I dunno actually if I like the idea...

it could work but it could also fail. Here you know the members...we have something like a provate community...people you consider your friends even if you have never seen them. I can´t imagine us with Kings fans, Suns fans and Celtics fans, Clippers fans and so on being as "tight" together...it also gets that much harder to moderate even with all the mods coming together. There is a lot more conflict potential.

to be honest I rather stick with "my guys".

What we can maybe do tho is to create a forum that combines members from different clubnetwork forums. But that will sure first have to be discussed to death with the staffs and with commish...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Kingsama on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:18 pm

hmm, i think it would either be a great idea that would help the other club sites get a lil more traffic and perhaps help people stick around, not to mention broaden the discussion of the open court, but as kb8 said it could be something that blows up. cant tell until you try though, if the technology is not a problem, then why not give it a go? if it is as horrific as kb8 says then shut it down...
Kingsama

Postby Sirron on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:17 pm

Interesting concept, but I fail to see how it would drive more traffic to the other sites. would it make them more attractive to team fans because of the open court activity?

I say that because I can't imagine seeing a comment from someone from another board, and think to myself, "I've got to go see that board. Seems like some sharp people over there. "

How would you even be able to tell?

I guess I like it the way it is. if suddenly there were hundreds of new faces, open court might lose some attractiveness.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby SOAD on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:06 am

I don't know, I'd rather the admins of the other club sites have a chance to build their own community with the off topic board. There's only so much you can learn about your fellow posters from just Lakers Discussion.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments