The Royal Room is NOW OPEN at ClubLakers

Postby Sirron on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:27 pm

XLC13-19 wrote:just wondering

i was lurking in the RR and saw the member list and saw the JSM wasnt on the list

can someone explain because i think he knows what he is talking about and is probably my fav poster here same goes for weezy

I believe it also says, "and of course all mods" and JSM is a moderator. The mods do not specifically show up, but all are included.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:00 pm

i was lurking in the RR and saw the member list and saw the JSM wasnt on the list

can someone explain because i think he knows what he is talking about and is probably my fav poster here same goes for weezy

I don't think I'm veteran enough to make it to the RR, I've only been posting here for a little over a year, but thanks though.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Well I heard that a stipulation for being in the RR was joining the devean George fan club so JSM banned himself rom the RR. :man10: :man9:
'
J/K I think he is a mod so he is automatically there.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:14 am

^ JSM is co/admin...

he is not a mod... :mhihi:

blasphemy :man2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 am

Weezy wrote:

I don't think I'm veteran enough to make it to the RR, I've only been posting here for a little over a year, but thanks though.
Haha its not about how long you have been at CL or how many posts you have, its about quality posts, and thats something that you do always.
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:07 am

KB8@CL wrote:^ JSM is co/admin...

he is not a mod... :mhihi:

blasphemy :man2:

Dang my bad..hey what's the worst that can happen?

(10 sec later ban from forum) :man10:

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 pm

I've been on this site for years and I know many of the mods, some of them personally! I want to go in the Royal Room!! :)

(sorry if I broke the rules by requesting access lol)

:man13: :jam2:
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:25 am

Abnormal wrote:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:wtf, its just ONE freakin part of the site, its not like all of those people have abandoned the LD. ITS JUST A SITE! :man8:

The part that makes no sense about the RR if these vet's voices are so important to be heard why remove them from the LD, if CL feels they are needed more then ever?

Another thing I don't understand why if you think the RR is a bad idea your labeled as crying or whiner CL is for discussion and sometimes in a discussion there is a disagreement. It's when people resort to name calling or casting assumption behind ones motivates for a post is wrong.

Reading this makes me think that you haven't been around for long and do not understand the situation. I don't know if you've had previous accounts or what, but the situation is that good posters were disappearing from LD because of the ridiculous threads and the personal attacks. They were posting NOWHERE or maybe in Open Court once and again. Now if you look, you'll see them posting in RR and even in LD and OC, which is fantastic. It's getting those good posters back to the LD.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby remixed on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:56 am

I know what you guys are talking about. I used to post very frequently in Lakers
Discussion until many new members started to flame and attack other members simply because they had different opinions on certain things. Before, you were able to have a good thread going where good discussion was taken place but now, you rarely ever see a thread without someone speaking to someone in a condescending fashion. It sucks to see the quality of the site go down like this but I guess it is what is.
remixed

Postby Abnormal on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:13 am

trodgers wrote:
Abnormal wrote:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:wtf, its just ONE freakin part of the site, its not like all of those people have abandoned the LD. ITS JUST A SITE! :man8:

The part that makes no sense about the RR if these vet's voices are so important to be heard why remove them from the LD, if CL feels they are needed more then ever?

Another thing I don't understand why if you think the RR is a bad idea your labeled as crying or whiner CL is for discussion and sometimes in a discussion there is a disagreement. It's when people resort to name calling or casting assumption behind ones motivates for a post is wrong.

Reading this makes me think that you haven't been around for long and do not understand the situation. I don't know if you've had previous accounts or what, but the situation is that good posters were disappearing from LD because of the ridiculous threads and the personal attacks. They were posting NOWHERE or maybe in Open Court once and again. Now if you look, you'll see them posting in RR and even in LD and OC, which is fantastic. It's getting those good posters back to the LD.

I agree with almost everything you said, yet the one thing that still has me confused is I have been flamed by some of the chosen few that are RR ppl post a somewhat negative story about Kobe or a positive one about Drew people flip out vets the new its human nature when as fan you attach so much time and effort people tend to be emotional

I just want to make sure that those voices are heard in the LD where I agree they are missed and needed.
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed ... MJ#23

www.Bestqualityinsurance.com

Bynum/Mihm/DJ
Pau/Ronnie/Vlad
Lo/Ariza/luke
Kobe/Karl
Sasha/Fisher/Farmar
Abnormal

Postby trodgers on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:40 am

It's incredibly frustrating to see people not following the rules and posting senseless or redundant threads. And when you've been here for a few years and you see the same senseless and redundant threads, I agree that it makes you a bit more likely to snap. That's probably what happened in your "flaming" scenarios. Maybe not...I don't know, but I think it's likely the case.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Savage1 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm

remixed wrote:I know what you guys are talking about. I used to post very frequently in Lakers
Discussion until many new members started to flame and attack other members simply because they had different opinions on certain things. Before, you were able to have a good thread going where good discussion was taken place but now, you rarely ever see a thread without someone speaking to someone in a condescending fashion. It sucks to see the quality of the site go down like this but I guess it is what is.

I completely agree with you.

It got to the point where I saw a lot of posts that had responses that started out like "You're blind...", "You have no clue...", etc. It's sports, and just because one offers an opposing view, especially to a popular idea, it doesn't warrant anybody thinking that their opinion is, without question, the correct one. That's what turned me off to posting here a lot.
Last edited by Savage1 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage1

Postby ADT on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:28 pm

Are there gonna be any more RR invitations handed out?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby jbiggs on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Weezy wrote:

dont say that man. i happen to agree with XLC13-19 as well :man1:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 pm

ADT wrote:Are there gonna be any more RR invitations handed out?
\

Let's sign the strikemode14 petition for handouts..WHOSE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

(tumbleweed goes by)

(crickets chirp)

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:35 am

R.I.P. Lakers Discussion
2003-2007
live and die in LA

Postby Kent K25 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 am

live and die in LA wrote:R.I.P. Lakers Discussion
2003-2007

Save me the drama. LD isn't dying...

Ironic that you posted that IN Lakers Discussion, even if it was dying you would be sustaining it with that.
Kent K25

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
\

Let's sign the strikemode14 petition for handouts..WHOSE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

(tumbleweed goes by)

(crickets chirp)
Guess not strikemode, :man10:
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby mojoballer on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Even though I've been here awhile and saw the quality of the majority of posts on the site go down the drain, I still thought the idea of the RR was bad.

After thinking about it awhile and seeing it open, I've changed my mind.

LD hasn't changed too much.

And if the site can bring back veteran posters by creating the RR, then it's a no brainer.

A site is only as good as it's content. That content comes from the very people that the RR is trying to retain/bring back.

So if someone doesn't get invited, they shouldn't be angry. They should be thankful that the Admin is taking steps to make sure the quality of the ENTIRE site doesn't go down.

:jam2:
mojoballer

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 pm

CrazyLikeCatfish wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
\

(tumbleweed goes by)

(crickets chirp)
Guess not strikemode, :man10:

Don't worry people will sign.. I have full confidence. :mhihi:

(more tumbleweeds goes by )

(Crickets continue to chirp)

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby borri on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 am

Wow they still haven't invited you to the RR yet Strikemode?

Oh well....what can you do.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
borri

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 am

lakerswiz wrote:i wish the rr would bring CLASSIC members back...dre naismith (frank white)....lakersgyrl and lakerballey7, some more posts from iceberg slim

man those guys made this site awesome
and TONS of other ppl too. :man5:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby Klewfish on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 am

LaLaKeRz4LiFe wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:i wish the rr would bring CLASSIC members back...dre naismith (frank white)....lakersgyrl and lakerballey7, some more posts from iceberg slim

man those guys made this site awesome
and TONS of other ppl too. :man5:

I remember Gramps, it'd be nice to have him back along with those guys you mentioned that were before my time here. Reddy, LakersGyrl, First Lady, etc. As well as other guys like Vashashi (who has been in the RR lately), Iceberg Slim, etc.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby bigdnolia on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:18 pm

I don't really post on the Lakers forum much anymore. I guess I'm turned off by the overwhelming amount of recurring idiocity. Open court is still a forum I do frequent. I might be more inclined to be a vocal Laker contributer if there ever were a forum that could appreciate my complex and savvy thoughts. :man12: Oh well.
bigdnolia

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:18 am

The RR is all good, kinda like another open discussion. But I think people just need to relax around here. And the top of my want list for CL is for a dancing banana emoticon. "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" I think that should have priority over all other sub forums, and a scientifically proven fact that will improve the quality post of the forum. :mhihi:
jimbo327

PreviousNext

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments