Is There An Appeals Process For This Forum?

Is There An Appeals Process For This Forum?

Postby Pimpeasy on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:35 am

Lakerman JSJ you deleted my post regarding my loyalties...and your only justification was who cares.....my question to you is what are moderator qualifications...you should care if nothing for the fact that many fans may feel this way...you're right you have the power to lock threads but it really makes you look silly and borderline closed minded when you delete well meaningful and intentioned posts because your so full of emotion..remember moderator you're supposed to be somewhat nuetral and above board nothing I said in the My $$$ goes where Kobe goes" post violated the board rules...You my friend are clearly acting out of control and in my opine abusing your little power...not being able to intelligently respond to my post is one thing but arbitrarily deleting because you disagree is pretty lame...and doesn't add credibility nor respect to the moderator position...

Perhaps the mods need to come up with a thread deletions appeals process for less experieced mods...I'll PM the other Mods to see what the thinking around here is....sorry for putting you on blast like that...
Pimpeasy

Postby Chicano on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:04 am

don't know anything about this situation personally, but i will say i have seen cases where there are injustices or even perhaps abuse of power somewhat, but at the same time, hey! we all make mistakes/mess up every now and then, it is what it is. that's life.
Chicano

Postby Pimpeasy on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:12 am

Chicano wrote:don't know anything about this situation personally, but i will say i have seen cases where there are injustices or even perhaps abuse of power somewhat, but at the same time, hey! we all make mistakes/mess up every now and then, it is what it is. that's life.

that's fine I have dialog going with the Site Manager...because the mod in question deleted my post and all he said who WHO CARES...then when I called him out as to why he deleted it he used the quite oft excuse of it was redundant and that he's trying to keep the board clean...and I called him out on it...If it was redundant then why say WHO CARES and lock the thread...he's clearly back tracking and all I want is for a MOD to be above board and if he's not just be honest and not give David Stern almost anti-intelligent type explanations...
Pimpeasy

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:16 am

I read the thread, his response was 'and we care why?', not 'who cares?". Completely different. One is saying basicaly "I don't care" and the other is saying 'why do we on a Laker forum care that YOU are leaving because of Kobe". That thread deserved to be locked, if every single poster made a thread everytime they had a personal feeling about Kobe there'd be 1,000 threads a day, those threads get locked all day long, and what, you feel it was a personal attack on you? Please, maybe this just isn't a place for making threads about why you'd go with Kobe if he left. Notice that most of the threads are actual news and questions, not opinion pieces?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Radner on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:05 pm

There should be a "zero tolerance" rule when it comes to bandwagon threads. A person badmouthing certain Laker players is one thing but disrespecting the whole franchise is completely intolerable.
Radner

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 pm

You make a thread about not being a Laker fan if Kobe leaves...give me ONE reason why that topic should stay open.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Satan on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:43 pm

JSJ has been about as fair a mod as I've ever seen on a forum in 18+ years of online communication experience. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:03 pm

the only thing i blame him for is not locking that sucker earlier.

That was the mating call for flaming. He did nothing wrong in that case.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Real Deal on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:30 pm

I posted something similar a long time ago, in Lakers Discussion, and everyone had a fit about it.

Truth is, I'll follow the one who's in the right...before I follow the one who's in the wrong. If the Lakers can rake in another superstar and show that they want to win, then I'll continue to support them, but as my second favorite team. I go where Kobe goes, and I'm pretty sure I've given enough to this place to earn that opt-out in my CL contract. If I haven't, then you guys are just milking me like the Lakers did Bryant, before turning their back on him, like they did Shaq, like they did Caron.

I'm not even talking about the moderator's decision, I'm just hoping this site doesn't try to duplicate the actions of the Lakers organization and trash their members for having a different opinion than that of the majority of fans, because frankly, that's what it feels like, and the quality of Clublakers has declined, and is still on the decline, since last year.
Real Deal

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:05 pm

For the record, as I stated previously, I locked the thread because there were a number of other threads the original post could have gone in. Even if I had agreed 100% with your post, I still would have locked it because my job is to keep these boards clean & user-friendly. The posters opinion in relation to my own is of zero consequence to me when I feel the need to lock a thread.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:29 am

I'll have to agree with Real Deal on this one.

Sorry JSJ, and no offense but there's just something I don't like about you. I am not exactly sure what though.

I guess you don't try to blend in with the crowd but you choose to exert your power over those who don't have any. For example, some mods, such as BDG, or KB8@CL are pretty much like regular members - chilling out and having fun discussing the Lakers. You seem to be like the NBA referees who seem to think that you are the game, not the players.

Sometimes, the less you do, the more you gain. I really don't feel like some of the things you do help to "increase the quality of CL". Rather, I think they are just restricting a lot of potentially good discussions.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:52 pm

TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:I'll have to agree with Real Deal on this one.

Sorry JSJ, and no offense but there's just something I don't like about you. I am not exactly sure what though.

I guess you don't try to blend in with the crowd but you choose to exert your power over those who don't have any. For example, some mods, such as BDG, or KB8@CL are pretty much like regular members - chilling out and having fun discussing the Lakers. You seem to be like the NBA referees who seem to think that you are the game, not the players.

Sometimes, the less you do, the more you gain. I really don't feel like some of the things you do help to "increase the quality of CL". Rather, I think they are just restricting a lot of potentially good discussions.

I'm always cool with criticism as a chance to get better at anything I do. Please help me by being more specific. The only time I put on my "Moderator Cap" is when I'm locking a thread that is redundant or warning a member for breaking the rules. I'd say 98% of my posts are just the same kinds of things I used to post before I became part of the admin around here. Also when it comes to locking threads, it can be tricky because at times it is a highly subjective decision. What seems redundant to one person, could be perceived by another as a fresh/new thread that could spark a unique conversation to another, so there are always going to be those who don't agree with your decision.

So as I am attempting to self-examine my performance around here from reviewing your post, I'm having trouble determining specifically what part of my performance you take exception with. I know you mentioned "there's something you don't like" and that's fine, but I can't really improve if you don't elaborate more on that.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby c.Lin on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 pm

Some of you need to understand that we need a couple moderators who are on the ball like JSJ. If all the mods just hung out and chilled like "regular members", this board would be more of a mess than it already is.

I was happy for JSJ when he got the nod, and he's been doing a superb job.
c.Lin

Postby Real Deal on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm

I don't think I was clear in my initial post.

Short and sweet: the moderating isn't consistent. It's clutching this gray area where, if you bash a "Kobe homer" anywhere on the site, it's no big deal. However, the member being bashed can lash out against the front office and get called out for baiting the Lakers fans.

I've banned a huge Lakers fan on my site before. He was actually more of a Kobe fan than he was Lakers. some of you would think I'd try and keep him, but that's not how things should be handled.

No matter your name, no matter your post count, no matter what team or player you support, you are subject to a warning/suspension/ban, and you have to follow the same exact guidelines as everyone else. That's not the case at CL anymore, so when I want to vent about how this front office sucks, or how I think Bynum should've been traded, I have to take a step back and wonder if I'm going to get bashed all day long for it...and at the same time, know how far I can go before I actually get a PM from someone, telling me to shut my mouth.
Real Deal

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Also, some news threads don't need to be merged into the "official" thread because quite frankly, who the hell goes all the way to the end of a 50 page long thread to read the news? News threads that are merged probably reach only 1/10th of the people because not everyone knows exactly where the article is.

I'd say leave news/rumor/article threads alone! even if they are small or minuscule in importance.

It won't decrease the quality of CL. If anything, it would increase the amount of traffic and interest because users would want to sign in to check for news on the Lakers if there are news/article/rumor threads consistently.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:I'll have to agree with Real Deal on this one.

So as I am attempting to self-examine my performance around here from reviewing your post, I'm having trouble determining specifically what part of my performance you take exception with. I know you mentioned "there's something you don't like" and that's fine, but I can't really improve if you don't elaborate more on that.

Well, I elaborated on it. I just think that you are too assertive with the mod thing and that the less you do, the more there is to gain.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments