Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby kray28 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:19 pm

I make posts....but it stays locked at 10105.

What gives?

Not that I care about the post count....just wonder if something is wrong with the forum software.

EDIT: it just incremented when I posted this post here....but doesn't seem to increment in the Gameday forums? Is that on purpose?
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21239
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby bystander on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Gameday posts aren't counted.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6382
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm

kray28 wrote:I make posts....but it stays locked at 10105.

What gives?

Not that I care about the post count....just wonder if something is wrong with the forum software.

EDIT: it just incremented when I posted this post here....but doesn't seem to increment in the Gameday forums? Is that on purpose?


I believe that bystander is correct: posts in the Gameday section aren't counted. I think that's because it's easier to drive up your posting total in the threads there than it is in other sections of the forum.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7812
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby GNC on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 am

it's a shame gameday threads don't count :man5:
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 am

GNC wrote:it's a shame gameday threads don't count :man5:


Blame it on the CL members who tried to inflate their post totals in the past by taking advantage of the Gameday section of the forum. :bang: :man10:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7812
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 pm

^ If the random thread gets deleted again there will be anarchy.
Image

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
User avatar
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason
 
Posts: 21902
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Who cares about post count? It is actually quite trivial. Quality of the poster matters over the quantity. Sure its nice to know when you reach 10,000 posts or some other landmark but it doesn't really mean anything.
User avatar
Snake Eyes

 
Posts: 9566
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 6:44 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby John3:16 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm

I think you have to post something of substance for it to increase, which explain's why Kray's total isn't increasing. :man12:

I keed, I keed. :man10: :man10:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31874
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:Who cares about post count? It is actually quite trivial. Quality of the poster matters over the quantity. Sure its nice to know when you reach 10,000 posts or some other landmark but it doesn't really mean anything.


Agreed. Then again, there's always the random thread. :man1: (Actually, that might prove your point. Never mind. :man10: )
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7812
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby John3:16 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm

^^^ Not true. CL sends everyone who reaches 20,000 posts a check for $500. His little way of thanking them for making this the greatest Laker site.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31874
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby gninerfan21 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:25 pm

My goal is to be the #1 in posts. I figure I can do it.
Image
User avatar
gninerfan21

 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby GNC on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

gninerfan21 wrote:My goal is to be the #1 in posts. I figure I can do it.


well 84,000+ posts to go.. that is if jsm decides to stop posting.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16403
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Is there a reason by postcount is frozen?

Postby gninerfan21 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45 am

GNC wrote:
gninerfan21 wrote:My goal is to be the #1 in posts. I figure I can do it.


well 84,000+ posts to go.. that is if jsm decides to stop posting.


I'm going to bait him into getting himself banned.
Image
User avatar
gninerfan21

 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:57 pm


Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.