threads locked more than ever!

threads locked more than ever!

Postby shaqass on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:51 am

Hi Guys!!

No critic here but jut something that bother me a little...
Since a couple of days a lot of topic have been locked. I understand when a thread is locked because the topic is double and I understand as well that you try to keep control of the whole stuff but I have the feeling that sometimes the policy become a bit too rigid recently.

See a couple of example below. Those topics are not uninteresssant. Sometimes the way people defend their opinion are a bit stupid, aggresiv or one minded but please, it's a forum, we are here to chat and if someone doesn't want to follow the thread she/he is free to leave it. It bother me that so many threads are locked :man3:

anyway thanks for the great job you are all doing, CL for ever :man1:
Last edited by shaqass on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby shaqass on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:53 am

shaqass

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:47 am

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1422 -- I unlocked this one, I guess it's up for discussion....

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0 - Started turning into a cussing match with Sac Fans... We want them to come in to SMACK AND DEBATE, not fight.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... 8467#18467 -- Why talk about this? We have three more years with the man?

- - - - - -

Not to mention ALOT of topics are starting to be either Off Topic, or just turning out to be hate debates. I understand that their are alot closing, I'm just going by the smack ya know? I think you'll see more moved to the Off topics rather than closed.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shaqass on Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:19 am

Hi LD2000,

Happy that you unlock the first, debates will always be a fight with Queens but I see no reason why a thread like this should be closed and for the third "so what"? If I want to talk about Malone breaking Abdul record, its in 2 years maybe 3, will the thread be locked as well? I think the guy who open this thread was interested to know what other people thought about this subject, it is his right, my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I think a supervision need to be done to avoid double threads, possibly re-direct thread into the correct Forum, possibly remove user who is here only to say Sh** and F*** but for the rest I think smack should stay smack and people should be free to open a thread for whatever the subject they want as as far as it is on topic.

My opinion :man12:

Anyway, bliiiiiiiiiing it back!!!! :jam2:
shaqass

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:02 pm

Ok, I'll only close threads that use curse words, and get to flaming instead of smacking... You know what I mean.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:00 pm

damn straight :jam2:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:12 pm

I'm sorry for contributing to the flaming of members... I should know better, and now I do. I completely refuse to take part in any actions of the sort, aight? And I also refuse to answer to any messages of the sort too. Mah badd, and I'm sorry for givin in to temptation. :bang: Forgive me!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:20 pm

wait so we can't cuss anymore? or people just can't cuss just for flaming?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:22 pm

leave the swear words where they belong... in the toilet with that shemale pic
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:06 pm

Like, you can curse if you make it worth the word...

I don't want somebody saying "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" the Lakers, or "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] you". Some threads that are closed were basically a "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] you" match... We don't need that, that aint Smack... That's wack.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shaqass on Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:31 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Ok, I'll only close threads that use curse words, and get to flaming instead of smacking... You know what I mean.

sounds good! :jam2:
shaqass

Postby clublakers on Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:02 am

Looks like I got the tail-end of the review, but our policy has always been not to swear in the threads. Our moderating policy has also been very liberal in the past, so I'll leave it up to LD2k to determine when it is out of control.

Smack is healthy if it doesn't get offensive -- please try to provide entertaining responses to opposing opinions rather than calling the writer an idiot. We allow ALL opinions at clublakers.

Regarding the locking of threads the Daily News forum should be the only forum with non-repeated stories. This is why only a few select members have access to posting in there. Lets let the Rumors and Smack forums flow without being critical of repeated info. I want to encourage everone's efforts of reporting news without having to first go through 40 threads to determine if it has been mentioned already.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments