I was banned, don't know why. Would like an explanation

I was banned, don't know why. Would like an explanation

Postby DazedAndConfused on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:36 pm

My username was "oneofthesedays". I was banned but never told why. I can no longer access the forums from my home computer, I'm assuming you blocked my IP out.

I'd just like an explanation of why I was banned. I can't recall ever even being warned for anything here. I emailed the admin of the site but nobody ever responded back. That's why I'm taking the issue up here.

Also, if possible can you reinstate my account. Whatever rules I violated I won't again in the future. Thanks.
DazedAndConfused

Postby Helljumper on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 pm

I went and looked at your posts on your old account and it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong. There was one post where you bypassed the swearing filters in GameDay but that happens a lot and shouldn't be worth a ban for one offense, especially if you weren't warned.

Seems like a mistake to me or possibly just some issues on your computer or maybe you did something else that warranted a ban.
Helljumper

Postby Chicano on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:39 pm

Don't know anything about your situation, but you seem like an awesome guy!
Hope all goes well for you and wish you the best!
Chicano

Postby DazedAndConfused on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:08 pm

Helljumper wrote:I went and looked at your posts on your old account and it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong. There was one post where you bypassed the swearing filters in GameDay but that happens a lot and shouldn't be worth a ban for one offense, especially if you weren't warned.

Seems like a mistake to me or possibly just some issues on your computer or maybe you did something else that warranted a ban.

Yea I know have definitely bypassed the filters on some occasions in the Game Day threads, but I didn't know that was a bannable offense. Had the mods warned me specifically and said to stop swearing otherwise you'll be banned I would certainly have stopped. This is my favorite Laker forum, it sucks that I can't even view the posts as a guest on my own computer.
DazedAndConfused

banned?

Postby Lynn Shackleford on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:13 am

I read many people hear say some really mean things about the Laker players but if you say something to the posters, mods or admins then your banned?is this the rules?
Lynn Shackleford

Postby Satan on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:50 pm

The rules are all posted for anyone who wants to see them.

Not to mention the countless stickies and threads the mods have posted asking people to cut crap out.

It's really pretty damn simple.

Don't cuss. Don't bypass the filter. Don't personally attack other posters. In short, be respectful of others. Attack the post, not the poster.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:50 pm

This was the 2nd warning you received (the first was administered by another mod):

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
oneofthesedays wrote:
Sky wrote:Pound - Yeah sad but alas probably true.

Jedi - Crticial thinking is cool I'm all for healthy skepticism. But I'd ask the same flexibility from you. Your strawman literally doesn't allow any story that reports on Kobe negatively in an internal sutaiton to be accepted or even considered.

Agreed there has been a lot of rumor and emotion around Kobe, as always. Doesn't mean you throw it all out though. There is some truth to be found and imo the veto is one of those times.

Don't bother with Jedicon, he only posts here to incite Laker fans. He is not a Laker fan, he is a Kobe fan. There is a place for you man, it's called KB24.com. You can rejoice with all your fellow KB fans in peace..... :mhihi:

Please refrain from the baiting. All basketball fans are welcome here as long as we're all respectful of each other. If he's a Kobe fan then more power to him.

To each his own. :beer:

The third strike was an array of bypassing the swear filter in the Gameday Forum. We HATE banning people, and give everyone more than enough chances to stay and enjoy the site, but some continuous rule-breakers have to be removed unfortunately.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby deallen on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:04 pm

I'm having the same issue........I would like my D.A.V. username back please
deallen

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments