Why the hell can't we have any fun threads on this board?

Why the hell can't we have any fun threads on this board?

Postby nimannn on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:09 am

Instead of all the regurgitated garbage threads about about Kobe, Bynum, and Buss where everybody is each other's throat about what the Lakers should do? People are now even going after Magic.

I decide to make a fun topic of the funny ways people reacted after Battier's GW shot to lighten up the mood in this place and it's get locked. "Take it to Gameday." You can't even post freakin topics in gameday. You can only post in one thread where everybody is chiming in with their own opinion of the game, you can't really get a general discussion about a certain topic going. Whatever, let's just talk about how Kobe is a traitor, Bynum is a bust, and how every other Laker is garbage.
nimannn

Postby Chicano on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:19 am

the thread you created and are referring to i actually agree with you on, as well as some others sometimes.. for the most part, personally i feel the mods are the majority of the time right, but they're not perfect either imo, and there's some that i feel shouldn't be locked..but it is what it is, just like refs, they're not perfect either, (repeated myself), but they're the best at what they do and there's a reason they do what they do and we don't. so it is what it is.. heh.

and about the reasoning sometimes being gameday/this belongs or can go in gameday... true, but not exactly all the time, there are exceptions like this one it would've been cool to see from a bunch of different and more people how they reacted/their thoughts on that particular situation or the kwame/luke basket for the rockets, etc.. i dunno, i guess it's hard to make that judgement call sometimes..
Chicano

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:23 am

Because your thread was gameday related. I liked it to be honest, I thought it was a fun thread to talk about what we did when that shot went in, but if it deals with the actual game then it's gameday. The thing is the mods can't play favorites, there can't be a double standard. If they lock other threads for being gameday related they have to lock yours too, even if it IS a fun and funny thread, just how it goes.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chicano on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:41 am

^ unfortunately, you're right weezy, i guess there can't be a double standard, as much as some seem fun and dandy and many would like them, it just has to be that way or else it'd be some hypocrisy... :man11:
Chicano

Return to Site Rules, Suggestions and Comments