Article Says Paxson May Consider Mihm

Article Says Paxson May Consider Mihm

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu May 25, 2006 12:03 am

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 660308.htm

At the end of the articly above, it aludes to John Paxson wanting help inside and says that he would consider Mihm if it didnt cost him to much. Apparently Paxson is looking for a relatively young center that would blend with the nucleus already established in Chicago. I guess Mihm fits the description.

Chicago does have 2 first round picks, the 2nd and the 16th. I do think that the Lakers could get the 16th and change for Mihm. Remember that the Lakers got Kobe Bryant or the 14th pick for Vlade. What would the 16th pick bring the Lakers? I personally dont think that Chicago is to worried about getting younger(through the draft), they are young enough.

NBAdraft.net had JJ Redick going 16th
Draft Express has Thabo Sefolosha going 16th
InsideHoops has Cedric SImmons going 16th

Remember those picks were for the Bulls, not for the Lakers needs. There were some good players available after the 16th pick. Is it worth it? It is definitely a gamble.

Personally, I think I would need a little more than the 16th pick for Mihm. But if there is indication of big improvement out of Bynum and Kwame in addition to management believing that Kwame and Mihm cant co-exist then it might be worth it to fill a hole somewhere else. ???
pureuncut100

Postby KB24 on Thu May 25, 2006 12:45 am

Gimme Duhon and the 16th pick for Mihm and I do it in a heartbeat.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu May 25, 2006 1:00 am

[quote="KB8@CL"]Gimme Duhon and the 16th pick for Mihm and I do it in a heartbeat.[/quote]

Man, thats the problem. If you do it in a heartbeat then someone is getting ripped off. Pax said "if he didnt have to give up to much". Duhon is good. I was thinking the 16th and a second rounder in 2010 or something. I dont think the Lakers could get the 16th and a good player.

But I like how you think and hope it happens the way youd like it to.
pureuncut100

Postby KB24 on Thu May 25, 2006 1:15 am

pureuncut100 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:Gimme Duhon and the 16th pick for Mihm and I do it in a heartbeat.

Man, thats the problem. If you do it in a heartbeat then someone is getting ripped off. Pax said "if he didnt have to give up to much". Duhon is good. I was thinking the 16th and a second rounder in 2010 or something. I dont think the Lakers could get the 16th and a good player.

actually Duhon wouldn´t mind if he could get out. He wants to start and with Hinrich in front of him he won´t start. The Bulls have a backup in Pargo (who they like) and could do that. Mihm is too good to be traded for a 16th pick. He is a good C in the NBA specially offensively, thats something you can´t find that often anymore. MIhm and 26 for Duhon and 16.
Last edited by KB24 on Thu May 25, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Sampton on Thu May 25, 2006 1:24 am

Mihm for the 16th pick is enough....Don't forget 1996, Divac (who was better at that point than Mihm is today) for the #14 pick. What a steal. Granted there is no Kobe in the draft but there is more depth then what is being talked about. No need for Mihm with Bynum, Brown and Turiaf.
Mr. Sampton

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu May 25, 2006 3:40 am

I'd trade Mihm straight for Duhon, trade works and I think both team would improve.
But I think Bulls won't trade Duhon, he's good and they like him.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 25, 2006 6:12 am

pureuncut100 wrote:

Pax isn't really getting ripped off. Maybe do

Duhon/Pargo 16th for Mihm/Smush/26th.

That maybe even it out a little bit more.

Our PG core gets lightyears better in one swift move plus we get a better pick.

Chicago gets a backup PG in Smush and some size the Bulls desperately need even if they do get Aldredige.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 25, 2006 6:52 am

If we did that...I'd throw in Green or a future Second...maybe from Charlotte for that deal....
The Laker Link

Postby trodgers on Thu May 25, 2006 7:12 am

Duhon/16 for Mihm/26 would be good for us. It's something I'd do. Would you do it if it were just Duhon for Mihm? I'd probably do that. Duhon is under contract for two more years, is a very good defender, good distributor.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby no_dont on Thu May 25, 2006 8:20 am

Why Duhon? He is streaky as hell, his D is just OK. We need way more than Duhon to compete, and giving our best trade piece up for him would be yet another Kup mistake.

I would take Chris but not for Mihm
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Thu May 25, 2006 8:38 am

no_dont wrote:Why Duhon? He is streaky as hell, his D is just OK. We need way more than Duhon to compete, and giving our best trade piece up for him would be yet another Kup mistake.

Duhon just came of back surgery for a herniated disc? Is he going to to be completely healthy? What Happened to Jay Williams?
Last edited by L8KERS4LIFE on Thu May 25, 2006 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 25, 2006 8:42 am

no_dont wrote:Why Duhon? He is streaky as hell, his D is just OK. We need way more than Duhon to compete, and giving our best trade piece up for him would be yet another Kup mistake.

Duhon's jumpshot will magically improve playing alonside Kobe Bryant and his D is lightyears ahead of Smush should have been a hotel parker.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby no_dont on Thu May 25, 2006 8:44 am

strikemode14 wrote:

Duhon's jumpshot will magically improve playing alonside Kobe Bryant and his D is lightyears ahead of Smush should have been a hotel parker.

IMO his d is better than Smushs but Lightyears? Duhon is OK, but Mihm is our only hope if packaged to get us an impact player. Duhon does not equal impact. Upgrade? sure. We would be better off signing Banks or another PG with the MLE and saving mihm to get us size.
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Thu May 25, 2006 8:48 am

Hinrich and Nocioni both are up for new contracts at the end of the up coming season? Hinrich has a qualifying offer of 4,110, 052 he probably could get more don't you think?
Chris Mihm's contract is also up at the end of the season I think they will be looking to move him. I don't think they want to have to pay him a big contract. They can pick up a really good player after Grants contract comes off the books.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby trodgers on Thu May 25, 2006 8:53 am

Duhon is one of the best defenders at the point. Lightyears better than Smush. Lightyears. Not just okay. I understand your concern, though, as we'd only have the MLE to find a starting F. That seems tough to do. We may have a better chance packaging Mihm and something else to find a SF, signing Banks for most of the MLE.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 am

no_dont wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:

IMO his d is better than Smushs but Lightyears? Duhon is OK, but Mihm is our only hope if packaged to get us an impact player. Duhon does not equal impact. Upgrade? sure. We would be better off signing Banks or another PG with the MLE and saving mihm to get us size.

We could get a PF easy. Ely for example is available and probaly won't take the fully MLE to get him. We could also just move Odom to PF, Kobe to SF and trade a second rounder for J.R Smith. Maybe sign A.Williams who is a FA cheap. Plus we can just find a SF who can play D in the draft. Hopefully if we do a chris for chris deal we will also swap picks 16th for the 26th.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby bb7793 on Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 am

How about Mihm, cook and Von wafer for Ben Gordon and the 16th pick. Chicago needs more big guys. They may be willing to go for it
bb7793

Postby Klewfish on Thu May 25, 2006 2:26 pm

How about Mihm/Cook/2nd rounder for Duhon/#16. Then #26/#16 for a high lottery pick. or trade those two draft picks to a high lottery team looking to move higher. Like maybe #26/#16 to Portland for Dixon? Then Portland could trade #4/#16/#26 to Toronto for the #1 pick?
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby A Rush on Thu May 25, 2006 2:26 pm

I'd be pretty damn pleased with Mihm/Cook/26th for Duhon/Sweetney/16th trade (or Mihm/Cook/McKie for Duhon/Sweetney/16th).

Draft Rondo with the 16th and you have no need to waste MLE on Banks. Draft Bobby Jones in the 2nd round to replace George as a defensive stopper.

Give MLE to Ely

Give vet minimum to either Profit or Rush

Waive other garbage

PG - Duhon, Smush, Rondo
SG - Kobe, Profit/Rush, Sasa
SF - Odom, Walton, Bobby Jones
PF - Ely, Sweetney, Turiaf
C - Kwame, Bynum

Not a world beater but a team that could be really solid and, more importantly, a team with some fine trade bait down the road.
A Rush

Postby LUUUKE on Thu May 25, 2006 5:11 pm

considering how many gaurds chicago has..

i think they would give up duhon
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu May 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Chris Duhon sucks. Mihm is a good center and that is rare. We can get more for him. 8.7 pts and 5ass. a game point gaurd is a dime a dozen.
Johnnyboy

Postby TaniBoyz on Fri May 26, 2006 3:05 am

Johnnyboy wrote:Chris Duhon sucks. Mihm is a good center and that is rare. We can get more for him. 8.7 pts and 5ass. a game point gaurd is a dime a dozen.

you may be right but Mihm will be a free agent next season(i think) so i think he will not re-sign with us because many teams can offer more money to him

(Pardon my english i'm not good with it)
TaniBoyz

Postby wavy on Fri May 26, 2006 3:44 am

duhon and 16 for mihm and 26, i would do it in a heartbeat.
wavy

Postby strikemode14 on Fri May 26, 2006 5:41 am

Johnnyboy wrote:Chris Duhon suck. Mihm is a good center and that is rare. We can get more for him. 8.7 pts and 5ass. a game point gaurd is a dime a dozen.

Mihm is a good center? :man3: Mihm is an okay center but, honestly you aren't going to get much more then Duhon for him. Which Duhon is way better then Smush should have been a hotel parker.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Showtime_Magic32 on Fri May 26, 2006 6:07 am

Showtime_Magic32

Return to Sourced Rumors