Brown deal done?

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:59 pm

NormNix wrote:
wingnut wrote:Mitch is under the Guise that PJ can win with anyone. So hes trying to strike gold for when PJs gone. Thats fine on 1 player, 2 players etc. this is getting out of hand. Bynam is our future, Mihm is our now. If hes not then trade him. We should get more from Caron.

I couldn't cosign harder wingnut. This trade would have made since before we got bynum. But we need to revisit Magloire and be
willing to give them mihm for him.

Bynum is gonna start this season? That's news to me. :man3: :man4:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:00 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
abeer3 wrote:
wingnut wrote:JO always had a nasty streak. Kwames fine. We need PRODUCTION. I will take solid role/bench guys for Caron. I dont need expect a stud. I would love Mike James for him

no offense, wingnut, but i'm glad you're not the lakers gm. mike james? for caron?

Mike James? Yeah, that makes sense - Trade a 6'7 dude for a 6'2 dude THAT PHIL DOESN'T EVEN LIKE? :man3: :man4:

Of course PJ doesnt like Mike James. I just forgot where that link is. Show me. James killed the lakers in the finals. james is the deal, he is a great defender at the 1, who can shoot. Sorry you guys dont know players without shoe deals.

What I mean by "Doesn't like" is PHIL DOESN'T LIKE SHORT PGs. He inherited BJ but after he got a taste of the triangle with a 6'6 Harper running PG, he fell in love with that concept. He didn't like Fish, so he brought in Harper to run the triangle. So Phil doesn't like SHORT PGs, and Mike James is 6'2.

Mike james is exactly what PJ likes. A guard that D's like a mother and can make a shot. PJ prefers taller guards but he likes guys that play. He won with BJ and Fish. He would manage with james. The point is. kwame is another maybe. We need a guy that we know what we'll get. We already have projects that are high risk high reward. Caron coming off the bench is better than Kwame.

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:01 pm

GuRu wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:Did I mention it's only CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER?

Check the sig!

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:01 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
NormNix wrote:
wingnut wrote:Mitch is under the Guise that PJ can win with anyone. So hes trying to strike gold for when PJs gone. Thats fine on 1 player, 2 players etc. this is getting out of hand. Bynam is our future, Mihm is our now. If hes not then trade him. We should get more from Caron.

I couldn't cosign harder wingnut. This trade would have made since before we got bynum. But we need to revisit Magloire and be

where does it say that :man4:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:05 pm

wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
abeer3 wrote:
wingnut wrote:JO always had a nasty streak. Kwames fine. We need PRODUCTION. I will take solid role/bench guys for Caron. I dont need expect a stud. I would love Mike James for him

no offense, wingnut, but i'm glad you're not the lakers gm. mike james? for caron?

Mike James? Yeah, that makes sense - Trade a 6'7 dude for a 6'2 dude THAT PHIL DOESN'T EVEN LIKE? :man3: :man4:

Of course PJ doesnt like Mike James. I just forgot where that link is. Show me. James killed the lakers in the finals. james is the deal, he is a great defender at the 1, who can shoot. Sorry you guys dont know players without shoe deals.

What I mean by "Doesn't like" is PHIL DOESN'T LIKE SHORT PGs. He inherited BJ but after he got a taste of the triangle with a 6'6 Harper running PG, he fell in love with that concept. He didn't like Fish, so he brought in Harper to run the triangle. So Phil doesn't like SHORT PGs, and Mike James is 6'2.

Mike james is exactly what PJ likes. A guard that D's like a mother and can make a shot. PJ prefers taller guards but he likes guys that play. He won with BJ and Fish. He would manage with james. The point is. kwame is another maybe. We need a guy that we know what we'll get. We already have projects that are high risk high reward. Caron coming off the bench is better than Kwame.

He won with BJ - ALONG WITH MJ AND PIP...He won with Fish - ALONG WITH SHAQ AND KB. He also won with Harper, 4 of those 9 titles. And Caron won't be cool with coming off the bench, and then, why would he be coming off the bench if he isn't traded?

Postby DMK on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:05 pm

Arent Kwame's numbers throughout his short career on par or better then JO's around this similar time? :man3:

Anyways, i would jump all over this deal if we were to get Dixon or even Hayes along with Kwame, but you never know.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:06 pm

Wow...

We went from trading Caron Butler for Carlos Boozer... to settling with Caron Butler for Kwame Brown.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:07 pm

6 pages and counting!!! 6 pages it counting!!

Please get it to 15 and vaildate me as an "insider"

GuRu wrote:My sources say this thread will reach 15 pages by tommorrow :man1:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:07 pm

wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
NormNix wrote:

where does it say that :man4:

I hope that's not what he meant when he said "We already got Bynum" as if to say "Bynum will start so why get Kwame?" Kwame WILL START this season while we have yet to see if Bynum can even play in the NBA. Bynum = UNPROVEN. Kwame = PROVEN.

Brown deal done?

Postby Lord Johnny on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:07 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:Wow...

We went from trading Caron Butler for Carlos Boozer... to settling with Caron Butler for Kwame Brown.
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby remixed on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 pm

DMK wrote:Arent Kwame's numbers throughout his short career on par or better then JO's around this similar time? :man3:

Anyways, i would jump all over this deal if we were to get Dixon or even Hayes along with Kwame, but you never know.

Exactly what I was thinking. The fact that Kwame has yet to prove that he can be a consistent contributor scares me but yet, we have seen some flashes where he could be a good player. Caron isn't exactly a need on this team and if we could get a player that could fill a need and contribute to the team's overall gameplan, then I'm all for it.
remixed

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 pm

Helping this thread along to 15 pages, becuase my sources said that I would. And I'd be fine with Brown for Butler as the main pieces of the deal. Maybe we can throw in some more junk and get a little shinier piece of junk in return, too.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:11 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
wingnut wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
abeer3 wrote:

He won with BJ - ALONG WITH MJ AND PIP...He won with Fish - ALONG WITH SHAQ AND KB. He also won with Harper, 4 of those 9 titles. And Caron won't be cool with coming off the bench, and then, why would he be coming off the bench if he isn't traded?

No offense but did you read your last statement. Please dont go into he won with this dude etc. That argument is tired and bottomless. caron comes off the bench b/c PJ says he has to. the same with atkins. We have fine bench players with our current roster. WE NEED BENCH PLAYERS. Does Caron want to come off the bench? Does Kwame?

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:13 pm

I really like Caron. He is one of the true good guys in the league, and plays with a lot of heart.

However, reality is that after this season, he won't be a Laker. He will command 10 mil + per year, and I just don't see the Lakers paying that. Not when having him means that he either has to come off the bench or LO has to play out of position.

I don't know what deals are out there for Caron. All I know is we have to trade him. I hate to say it, because he is one of my favorites, but we have to trade him.

If Kwame Brown is the best young big we can get then so be it. Sure, I would love to get more for Caron, but I don't know what is being offered for him.

Even if we do get Kwame though, let's say he gets 35 minutes a night, pushing his averages up to roughly 15/9 (that would basically be his current production level with more minutes). I could live with that. But what if switching teams does for Kwame what it did for Jermaine Oneal? Then it will look like we got a major steal, especially if we are getting Kwame for the rumored 6 mil a year.

So, would you rather lose Caron after one season(or pay him 10+ mil a year),or get Kwame for 6 a year?

I am ok with the deal, I can take it or leave it. If we don't make the trade, then I will just keep my fingers crossed that something better will come along before the trade deadline. If we do make the deal, then welcome to LA Kwame. Go see Mr. Bryant, I am sure he will want you to tag along for workouts with him and Andrew Bynum.
unpossibl1

Postby Lal-mtl on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:13 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Here's what it came with:

Mitch is being tested right now.

LMAO
:man10:
-----------------------------------------
1. "RESIGN" (to quit, leave office, etc.) is not = "RE-SIGN"
2. "SHOULD' VE" (should HAVE) is not= "SHOULD OFF"
- same goes for would've, could've, etc.
Lal-mtl

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:15 pm

now into particulars.....their contracts don't match up, so it can't be straight up. there has to be some other players involved. not that those additional players would make much difference, i mean it's only CARON FREAKING BUTLER FOLKS!

but more than anything, i think it absolutely ridiculous to claim a player's career is a bust or he's trash by the time he's 22. HE'S 22!!! :bang:

there is a huge upside to this kid. tons of potential. to say his head is screwed up, or he has no heart, and never can improve is nuts. he's more or less a rookie at this point in his mentality. he's still maturing and growing as a person as well as a player.

let's not condemn him already, give him a chance before you throw him to the wolves, just to jump on his bandwagon later, and oh yes, you will be a jumpin.

this apparently just makes too much sense for some of you to comprehend :bang:
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:15 pm

No offense but did you read your last statement. Please dont go into he won with this dude etc. That argument is tired and bottomless. caron comes off the bench b/c PJ says he has to. the same with atkins. We have fine bench players with our current roster. WE NEED BENCH PLAYERS. Does Caron want to come off the bench? Does Kwame?

Oh, don't worry, dawg, I have thick skin. But what I said about him winning was mainly due to MJ/Pip/Rodman and Shaq/Kobe than it was with BJ and Fish.

Now, why would PJ sit Butler? In favor of who?

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:17 pm

unpossibl1 wrote:I really like Caron. He is one of the true good guys in the league, and plays with a lot of heart.

However, reality is that after this season, he won't be a Laker. He will command 10 mil + per year, and I just don't see the Lakers paying that. Not when having him means that he either has to come off the bench or LO has to play out of position.

I don't know what deals are out there for Caron. All I know is we have to trade him. I hate to say it, because he is one of my favorites, but we have to trade him.

If Kwame Brown is the best young big we can get then so be it. Sure, I would love to get more for Caron, but I don't know what is being offered for him.

Even if we do get Kwame though, let's say he gets 35 minutes a night, pushing his averages up to roughly 15/9 (that would basically be his current production level with more minutes). I could live with that. But what if switching teams does for Kwame what it did for Jermaine Oneal? Then it will look like we got a major steal, especially if we are getting Kwame for the rumored 6 mil a year.

So, would you rather lose Caron after one season(or pay him 10+ mil a year),or get Kwame for 6 a year?

I am ok with the deal, I can take it or leave it. If we don't make the trade, then I will just keep my fingers crossed that something better will come along before the trade deadline. If we do make the deal, then welcome to LA Kwame. Go see Mr. Bryant, I am sure he will want you to tag along for workouts with him and Andrew Bynum.

KA-CHING! Right on the nose, bro!

Kwame is more useful to the Lakers INSIDE THE PAINT than Caron is OUTSIDE THE PAINT. Case closed.

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:18 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:

Oh, don't worry, dawg, I have thick skin. But what I said about him winning was mainly due to MJ/Pip/Rodman and Shaq/Kobe than it was with BJ and Fish.

Now, why would PJ sit Butler? In favor of who?

LO, Kobe. We need a 1 regardless if we can cover that with a trade great. Caron can spell both 2-3. think how great that would be. LO sits caron in. Kobe sits etc. LO and Kobe sit you put Jones and Caron in.

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:18 pm

I really like Caron. He is one of the true good guys in the league, and plays with a lot of heart.

well said :bow:
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

Postby nameant on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:18 pm

man we better get a 1st round pick too. at least a 2nd. :disagree:
nameant

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:19 pm

I SECOND THAT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Ill take Jamison for caron.

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:20 pm

maddprophet wrote:now into particulars.....their contracts don't match up, so it can't be straight up. there has to be some other players involved. not that those additional players would make much difference, i mean it's only CARON FREAKING BUTLER FOLKS!

but more than anything, i think it absolutely ridiculous to claim a player's career is a bust or he's trash by the time he's 22. HE'S 22!!! :bang:

there is a huge upside to this kid. tons of potential. to say his head is screwed up, or he has no heart, and never can improve is nuts. he's more or less a rookie at this point in his mentality. he's still maturing and growing as a person as well as a player.

let's not condemn him already, give him a chance before you throw him to the wolves, just to jump on his bandwagon later, and oh yes, you will be a jumpin.

this apparently just makes too much sense for some of you to comprehend :bang:

Thank you, maddP! And MP, they probably don't get it because...IT'S CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER!

:man1: :man10:

Postby DMK on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:21 pm

MJ called Kwame a "Flamin F@%%it" and literally made him cry....

Just find that funny.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors