Brown deal done?

Postby vic5150 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:07 pm

If this trade goes through I'll be in El Segundo at Mitch's office with a pistol! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :bang:
Black Dynamite: "I'm declaring war on anyone who sells drugs in the community!"
Chocolate Giddy-Up: "But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs in the community!"
vic5150

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:11 pm

Man, he looks like Ben Wallace in that picture. :man10: I personally wish he would go back to how his hair was in High School. I love who he is dunking on....Tony Battie :man10:
Last edited by LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakersCourt

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:13 pm

vic5150 wrote:If this trade goes through I'll be in El Segundo at Mitch's office with a pistol! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :bang:

Dude, you seriously you need to go sit down, turn on some Miles Davis and puff the magic dragon a few times. :man1:
LakersCourt

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:16 pm

theres no satisfying you guys huh? well keep caron and let him walk away for free next summer.

Postby garyxkoji on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:17 pm

why does everyone wanan trade butler? i see nothing but stardom in him. In my opinion, if he comes off the bench we would have a good 6th man. Why sweat over butler when we got bigger stiffs to deal with

-george
-slava
-cook
-divac
-atkins
-grant

I mean if we can do something about these parasites, i dont even care about getting any value in return for grampa grants, or ametuer atkins, or even disabled divacs, but we could possibly get something for george slava and cook, maybe magloire?. Dang if the lakers handled this issue first and clear up the rocks off the bench, then we can sweat over butler. But i like butler, and if we get daniels it would be insane.

Projected line up outlook

pg- Daniels
G- Bryant
SF- Odom
PF- Mihm
C- Magloire (or even that undeveloped bynum can come off the bench, unless the zenmaster can bring out the best of him in a week or so..)

enjoy tha peace- gary
garyxkoji

DONE DEAL: Brown,Hayes, & Blake for Butler,Slava,Atkins

Postby Aussiesuede on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:17 pm

Kwame Brown, Jarvis Hayes, And Steve Blake are coming to the Lakers for Caron Butler, Slava Medvedenko, and Chucky Atkins...

Lakers lineup:

PG - Daniels,Smush,Vujacic
SG - Kobe,Hayes,Wafer
C - Mihm,Vlade,Bynum
PF - Brown,Cook,Turiaf
SF - Odom,George, Walton/J.J.

Hayes makes the deal worth and Kwame just needs to play hard nosed in that lineup...he doesn't need to star (although I think he will after a couple of years in the system....
Aussiesuede

Re: DONE DEAL: Brown,Hayes, & Blake for Butler,Slava,Atk

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Aussiesuede wrote:Kwame Brown, Jarvis Hayes, And Steve Blake are coming to the Lakers for Caron Butler, Slava Medvedenko, and Chucky Atkins...

According to who? You? :man10: :man10: :man10:
Damian Necronamous

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm

borri wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
borri wrote:Im going to play the peacekeeper in this cuz im reading some debates that conceivably could get out of hand. These are the things i can surmise concerning the apparent feeling concerning Caron.

CAMP A: Thinks Caron is worth more than just Kwame. I don't think anyone in this camp is opposed to trading Caron, they are taking issue with trading Caron for Kwame straight up. Despite our logjam at the 3, Caron is still a valuable commodity. Expiring K next year i believe? Low salary, and has shown flashes of brilliance, although extremely sporadic. Kwame on the other hand is a headcase with potential and is a big. It's been 4 years since he was drafted.....how much longer is he gonna take or will he ever take......That's what im feeling is the argument the people in this camp are having issue with. And its a valid argument. In addition, if we trade Caron for Kwame, does this mean we are giving up on better bigs like Magliore, Ratliff who can come in and help right away, player we KNOW what to expect from. With Kwame, none of us can really say what he will bring to the table, because in his 4 year career, he has brought very little, yet the "potential" tag still hangs on his doorstep.

CAMP B: Thinks Caron is an expendable piece, a dime a dozen type of player. Come on, it's just Caron Butler and we should trade him for whatever we can get. Which is also a valid argument.

Voice of Reason: Both camps want the Lakers to get better. Can't we all just get along? We all are Laker fans in the end.

I don't see where it was getting out of hand to where you had to come and play peacemaker, bro. It seemed pretty civil. But thanx...I guess? :man1:

why am i not surprised at this response...........

You should be...Cuz no one was beefing to where there neede to be a PEACEMAKER.

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm

DaGreatKobe wrote:theres no satisfying you guys huh? well keep caron and let him walk away for free next summer.

Hell No, I'm all over for trading Kwame Brown. What do you think about this trade:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

Change in Outlook: 1,500-1,700 less posts per month and less of a headcase :man10:
LakersCourt

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:30 pm

LakersCourt wrote:Hell No, I'm all over for trading Kwame Brown. What do you think about this trade:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

Change in Outlook: 1,500-1,700 less posts per month and less of a headcase :man10:

No worries, youll grow up someday bro. Tell the Malone family I said Hi. welcome back on the bandwagon
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:32 pm

KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:34 pm

KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm

KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Postby stigmaXXL on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:38 pm

guru and lakerscourt :boxing1: round 3
stigmaXXL

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:38 pm

GuRu wrote:
LakersCourt wrote:Hell No, I'm all over for trading Kwame Brown. What do you think about this trade:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

No worries, youll grow up someday bro. Tell the Malone family I said Hi. welcome back on the bandwagon

Guru...you know I'm just playing with you. As much as we have our disagrements over everything,I think your a real valid poster here who contributes greatly to Clublakers. I just love going back and forth with you. I honestly like you though. :bow:
LakersCourt

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:45 pm

LakersCourt wrote:Guru...you know I'm just playing with you. As much as we have our disagrements over everything,I think your a real valid poster here who contributes greatly to Clublakers. I just love going back and forth with you. I honestly like you though. :bow:

When you actually decide to talk basketball, you make sense. stick to that bro because life is to short. Take care, peace.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Lakerfan36 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:55 pm

LakersCourt wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

Guru...you know I'm just playing with you. As much as we have our disagrements over everything,I think your a real valid poster here who contributes greatly to Clublakers. I just love going back and forth with you. I honestly like you though. :bow:

Lakerscourt just admitted that he got OWNED by Guru
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:17 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
LakersCourt wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

Lakerscourt just admitted that he got OWNED by Guru

LakerFan.... this discussion is over. Plus this conversation never involved you. Shaqfan? Is that you?
LakersCourt

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:49 pm

Shut up everyone, I have a headache.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby epak on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:00 pm

LakersCourt wrote:
DaGreatKobe wrote:theres no satisfying you guys huh? well keep caron and let him walk away for free next summer.

Hell No, I'm all over for trading Kwame Brown. What do you think about this trade:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

That was pretty funny tho. Even if no one else thought so. :\
epak

Postby Furious D on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:17 pm

LakersCourt wrote:

Clublakers Trades:
Guru

Clublakers Receives :
Posto

Would this work under the new CBA? :man10:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby stigmaXXL on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:57 pm

breaking news, this is a basketball forum not bit(hfight.com common guys take it easy, imho though lakerscourt got pwnzerized. :boxing1:
stigmaXXL

What The Hell Are You Arguing About?

Postby alcor805 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:01 pm

Did I hear something about a trade? I couldn't tell with all the teasing and A$$ Kissing going on in here. Besides "I've seen more pushing in the men's room."
alcor805

Postby lakerfool on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Shut up everyone, I have a headache.

If i were drinking some type of fluid, it would have came out my nose at that statement :man10: And i concurr
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:01 pm

SO I´ve read through the most part of this thread and to be honest its getting annoying.
How can people suggest Cook is better than Kwame :disagree:
Or perfering Mike James over Kwame? WOW
Come on guys put down the haterade bottles. Caron said to Phil he is more 6-6 then 6-7.

Now he is an undersized defenseless SF who regularly gets offensive fouls and feels that he has no duty on defense. Kwame has already averaged 11/7 and we all know EJ hates him for what ever reason. Do you guys think Jax would make such a trade if he DIDN´T know what he is doing? The Wizzards are happy because they can get rid of a hated player and add a needed player. Its a trade that benefits us and them. Now you tell me which team is better

1.Mihm/Odom/Butler/Kobe/Chucky

2.Mihm/Brown/Odom/Kobe/Chucky

I would take team 2 any day of the week. It has so much impact to move Odom to 3. You dislike Kwame? your right but who do you think LA can get for Butler? No one wants to help us SPECIALLY not the western conference. Kwame is not a tough banger like Rodman but who is? If he pans out we might have a PF for the next 5-6 years with low salary.

Butler´s are going to be available every year and since the SF is the most loaded position in the game its VERY DIFFICULT to find a team that would trade a valuable bigman for a SF. Nearly every team has even great backups like Radmanovic, Marquis Daniels, Stackhouse, Ricky Davis and those guys.

ITS TOUGH to find a team that needs Butler desperately. This is a chance for us to get a bigman who could start producing after leaving that poisoned environment. Washington has a history of that. Sheed, Ben Wallace, Webber, Hamilton, Simmons and others have done that before Kwame and why should Kwame not be able to that?

Give it a rest it might not be a GREAT trade but I didn´t expect one for Butler to be honest. I say if they throw in a guy like Dixon, Etan it would be a very good trade for us. Its Butler not Shawn Marion and I don´t want to EVER AGAIN hear Paul Pierce comparision. The similarities end after they both play the same position in the NBA. Pierce has defense, is clutch, can shoot, is a very good passer and rebounder and is a proven all-star. Caron is FAR AWAY and will NEVER be an all-star. In the west the forward position goes to KG and Duncan with the backups like Nowitzki, Brand, Marion, Amare, AK and co. Butler will never ever be chosen as an all-star. In the east Bron, Artest, JO, Carter, Jefferson, Pierce, Bosh, Simmons, Prince and others will make the run. Caron is average at best. period.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors