Brown deal done?

Postby stigmaXXL on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:34 pm

i wouldnt say hes average hes a good player. but i have to agree we need to take a chance on kwam.
stigmaXXL

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

So with the moratorium on trades, the bottom line is that we won't know for sure until the 22nd at the earliest right?

That's over a week away! Even if the trade was all but done, a million different things could happen between now and then to prevent it from happening. Remember when the Lakers first signed Malone and Payton, and teams were scrambling up until the last minute trying to make offers to break up the deal?

Any team could come in and make a better offer for Kwame and get him, or vice versa a team could come in and make a better offer for Butler. In fact, all of this talk could be done just to entice another team to do just that.

So sit back and relax. Nothing is going to be completed anytime soon.
unpossibl1

Postby stigmaXXL on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:38 am

i want kwame here ...
stigmaXXL

Postby Jordan-esque on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:03 am

stigmaXXL wrote:i want kwame here ...

Me too...

But NOT for Caron, a 1st round pick, and Divac/Atkins/George
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby LakerFan4L1fe on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:40 am

First ever post. This forum is great I have enjoyed reading everyone's inupt.

I hope this deal happens without the first round pick being involved. I love Caron's game but Kwame Brown is what this Laker team needs. If Bynum, Brown, and Turiaf live up to potenital that will be one solid front court. In a few years this could possibly one of the most solid lineups. C Bynum/Mihm, PF Brown/Turiaf, SF Odom, SG, Bryant, PG Daniels (Hopefully). This has been an exicting offseason well for me at least. Go Lakers! :jam2:
Laker fan since birth, Go LakeShow!!
LakerFan4L1fe

Postby stigmaXXL on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:47 am

yeah but who are we gonna get with that ifrst round pcik... week class, and what pick will that turn out to be.??? probably lower
stigmaXXL

Postby Zen on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:59 am

stigmaXXL wrote:yeah but who are we gonna get with that ifrst round pcik... week class, and what pick will that turn out to be.??? probably lower

Who knows. Dwayne Wade or Shaq might break a leg and they might end up with a high draft. I think we should always save our draft picks. Low salary, high potential. We got a player like Turiaf in the 2nd round. Who knows what sort of player we might get in the future. It sounds like a weak class but anything can happen.
Zen

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Zen wrote:
stigmaXXL wrote:yeah but who are we gonna get with that ifrst round pcik... week class, and what pick will that turn out to be.??? probably lower

Who knows. Dwayne Wade or Shaq might break a leg and they might end up with a high draft. I think we should always save our draft picks. Low salary, high potential. We got a player like Turiaf in the 2nd round. Who knows what sort of player we might get in the future. It sounds like a weak class but anything can happen.

Yeah, but you're hoping for a lot if you're going off injuries that may never happen. And how do you know Turiaf is gonna pan out?

Postby quitkthanx on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:27 pm

[quote="unpossibl1"]So with the moratorium on trades, the bottom line is that we won't know for sure until the 22nd at the earliest right?

That's over a week away! Even if the trade was all but done, a million different things could happen between now and then to prevent it from happening. Remember when the Lakers first signed Malone and Payton, and teams were scrambling up until the last minute trying to make offers to break up the deal?

Any team could come in and make a better offer for Kwame and get him, or vice versa a team could come in and make a better offer for Butler. In fact, all of this talk could be done just to entice another team to do just that.

So sit back and relax. Nothing is going to be completed anytime soon.[/quote]

Are you sure there is a moratorium on trades, or is the moratorium on signing free agents? If it's only signing free agents, this deal might be able to go through now - but again, maybe not because Kwame is a restricted FA. I'm not sure.
quitkthanx

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors