Brown deal done?

Postby TomSeaver on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:09 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Ok Hot List just said now that the L.A. Times is reporting that the trade is in talk...and AM 570 said the same thing...so it is just in talks...so little false alram people...the trade isn't done yet...we still have a chance to back out and everything...

I can confirm that, HotList just said the same thing.

Again, why are people so worried about losing Caron? LOL! It's CARON BUTLER, folks! NOT Kobe! NOT Odom. CARON BUTLER.

I think we may be OVERHYPING Caron Freakin' Butler here.

Caron is cool, but if you have a shot at getting an athletic, young, skilled 7 footer and you'll be only giving up a 6'7 swingman that is also your 3rd scoring option, ALL WHILE YOU NEED FRONTCOURT SIZE AND HELP AND HAVE CAP ISSUES AND THERE AREN'T THAT MANY AVAILABLE BIG MEN...YOU TAKE THAT SHOT!

Caron isn't like losing Shaq or Kobe...it's CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER, FOLKS! LOL!

Oh Please Kwame Brown has been a scrub since he came in the league. Still living off the hype of being picked high in the draft. As big and as skilled as you claim he is he can only average 7 points and 4 reb for the friggin Wizards in the weak East
TomSeaver

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:09 pm

lakerholic wrote:A) It can't be Kwame for Butler straight up, the numbers don't work as Brown is restricted and would have to be signed and traded to us

B) Since other players would have to be involved (hopefully from the other side as well), let's cut Mitch some slack before hanging him... and I'll be the first to make the noose if this screws us, by the way

C) BUTLER HAS TO BE MOVED. If Simmons, a journeyman until this past year, gets huge $$$$ from the Cavs, what do you think Butler will command next year? THE MAX. The Lakers won't be in a position/won't want to give him that and we'll end up losing him for nothing.

I'd just like to add one more thing: IT'S ONLY CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER!

:man4:

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:10 pm

k averaged 11 and 7 last year, and has had some huge games with double digit rebounds and scoring...
Kingsama

Postby lakerholic on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:10 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
lakerholic wrote:A) It can't be Kwame for Butler straight up, the numbers don't work as Brown is restricted and would have to be signed and traded to us

B) Since other players would have to be involved (hopefully from the other side as well), let's cut Mitch some slack before hanging him... and I'll be the first to make the noose if this screws us, by the way

C) BUTLER HAS TO BE MOVED. If Simmons, a journeyman until this past year, gets huge $$$$ from the Cavs, what do you think Butler will command next year? THE MAX. The Lakers won't be in a position/won't want to give him that and we'll end up losing him for nothing.

I'd just like to add one more thing: IT'S ONLY CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER!

:man4:

EXACTLY!!
lakerholic

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:11 pm

TomSeaver wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Ok Hot List just said now that the L.A. Times is reporting that the trade is in talk...and AM 570 said the same thing...so it is just in talks...so little false alram people...the trade isn't done yet...we still have a chance to back out and everything...

Again, why are people so worried about losing Caron? LOL! It's CARON BUTLER, folks! NOT Kobe! NOT Odom. CARON BUTLER.

Caron is cool, but if you have a shot at getting an athletic, young, skilled 7 footer and you'll be only giving up a 6'7 swingman that is also your 3rd scoring option, ALL WHILE YOU NEED FRONTCOURT SIZE AND HELP AND HAVE CAP ISSUES AND THERE AREN'T THAT MANY AVAILABLE BIG MEN...YOU TAKE THAT SHOT!

Oh Please Kwame Brown has been a scrub since he came in the league. Still living off the hype of being picked high in the draft. As big and as skilled as you claim he is he can only average 7 points and 4 reb for the friggin Wizards in the weak East

Yeah, you're right...cuz CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER is gonna lead the Lakers to the PROMISED LAND from the SF spot! :man1: :man4: :man10:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:11 pm

GuRu wrote:Caron is redundant dime-a-dozen junk, Kwame is heartless unproven junk

Pick your poison!

Ill keep Caron. Good 6th man with atkins.

Atkins
Butler
Jones/George
Grant/Slava
Vlade/Bynum

Not good but its a bench with some scoring and barely defense

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:11 pm

buker is coming up on the hot list lets see what he has to say...
Kingsama

Postby Coville on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:12 pm

TomSeaver wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:

he averages:

7 points

4.7 rebouns

in 22 minutes per game

basically average 7/5 in 1/2 a game.

he plays 35 minutes.

he is giving you 15/9 a game.

that is butlers scoring and better rebounds PLUS interior defense and another big body to defend.
Coville

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:13 pm

wingnut wrote:
GuRu wrote:Caron is redundant dime-a-dozen junk, Kwame is heartless unproven junk

Pick your poison!

Atkins
Butler
Jones/George
Grant/Slava
Vlade/Bynum

Why waste Butler on the bench when Jumaine can do just as well off the wood as Caron. Trade Caron before we lose him for nothing.

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:14 pm

wingnut wrote:

Pick your poison!

Atkins
Butler
Jones/George
Grant/Slava
Vlade/Bynum

Good 6th man? We dont even have 5 solid starters yet. Lets worry about that first...
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:14 pm

[quote="GuRu"]Caron is redundant dime-a-dozen junk, Kwame is heartless unproven junk

Pick your poison!

[/quote

You will eat your words on this one next year Guru.Kwame heartless :man7: He will prove you and many other fans wrong next year.
LakersCourt

Postby Coville on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:15 pm

LakersCourt wrote:

Pick your poison!

[/quote

You will eat your words on this one next year Guru.Kwame heartless :man7: He will prove you and many other fans wrong next year.

bandwagoner
Coville

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:16 pm

Coville wrote:
TomSeaver wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:

he averages:

7 points

4.7 rebouns

in 22 minutes per game

basically average 7/5 in 1/2 a game.

he plays 35 minutes.

he is giving you 15/9 a game.

that is butlers scoring and better rebounds PLUS interior defense and another big body to defend.

BINGO!

Oh, and one more thing: IT'S CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER, FOLKS! :man13: :man13:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:16 pm

LakersCourt wrote:

Pick your poison!

[/quote

:man10: ok.

Postby borri on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:17 pm

If this goes through, a couple of thoughts come to mind:

1. How high is Caron's stock as viewed by the league?

2. Is this the BEST deal we can get for Caron?

3. Do we give Mitch the benefit of the doubt that Kwame is the best possible deal we could have consumated?

If in reality and i hope for Mitch's sake that Caron isn't gettin much love from the league, then I say, what else can we do? Keep Caron for another year and have redundancy at the 3 position and lost him next year via free agency or trade him now for whatever we can get?

On the other hand, could it be that NBA gm's know that we are in dire need of frontline help, that we likely won't re-sign Butler next year, and are therefore LOW BALLING Mitch for Butler?
borri

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:17 pm

Kingsama wrote:k averaged 11 and 7 last year, and has had some huge games with double digit rebounds and scoring...

no one's listening. they'll keep bringing up 7 and 4, in the EAST!!!!!

anyway, i'm actually a big caron fan, and i think he could probably fetch better than kwame, but i'm not ready to destroy mitch if this goes through. i would hope the wiz are throwing something else in, though.

it is my opinion that you have seen the worst of brown already, and there's nowhere to go but up. that "up" could be all star level or it could be role player level, but no matter what, it will be 7' 250, and athletic.
abeer3

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:18 pm

LakersCourt wrote:You will eat your words on this one next year Guru.Kwame heartless :man7: He will prove you and many other fans wrong next year.

Hes been in the league 4 years, has done absolutely nothing, and he even QUIT ON HIS TEAM last season.

Hes squandered all the talent in the world. A complete waste and a dissapointment, and all because he doesnt have the heart to succeed. If he turns it around, so be it, but chances are he'll continue to be another waste of size and talent.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:18 pm

LakersCourt wrote:You will eat your words on this one next year Guru.Kwame heartless :man7: He will prove you and many other fans wrong next year.

You know how many times I heard basically the same thing about Gump...try every pre-season, after his big pay day.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:18 pm

But the funny thing is, some of you guys are cool on the Lakers drafting Bynum but you frown upon Kwame coming here? :man3: :man3: :man3:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:20 pm

borri wrote:If this goes through, a couple of thoughts come to mind:

1. How high is Caron's stock as viewed by the league?

2. Is this the BEST deal we can get for Caron?

3. Do we give Mitch the benefit of the doubt that Kwame is the best possible deal we could have consumated?

If in reality and i hope for Mitch's sake that Caron isn't gettin much love from the league, then I say, what else can we do? Keep Caron for another year and have redundancy at the 3 position and lost him next year via free agency or trade him now for whatever we can get?

On the other hand, could it be that NBA gm's know that we are in dire need of frontline help, that we likely won't re-sign Butler next year, and are therefore LOW BALLING Mitch for Butler?

Mitch is under the Guise that PJ can win with anyone. So hes trying to strike gold for when PJs gone. Thats fine on 1 player, 2 players etc. this is getting out of hand. Bynam is our future, Mihm is our now. If hes not then trade him. We should get more from Caron.

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:20 pm

Coville wrote:
LakersCourt wrote:

Pick your poison!

[/quote

bandwagoner

Nope, that will be you, once Brown putss up 15 and 10 numbers consistenly next year, and everyone starts praising Mitch for this trade by saying, "Oh Mitch we knew you could do it. Your a genius. We knew Kwame was something special". You will all jump on the Kwame Brown bandwagon...just watch!
Last edited by LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakersCourt

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:20 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:But the funny thing is, some of you guys are cool on the Lakers drafting Bynum but you frown upon Kwame coming here? :man3: :man3: :man3:

Bynum has worth ethic, is a willing learner, reportedly picks up on the triangle quickly, and is awed and loved by basically the entire Laker organization.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Xepa on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:21 pm

How sweet would it be for Kobe that the guy who Michael Jordan ruined, suddenly came alive due to his leadership and motivation? Something his airness couldn't do. Turn Kwame Brown into an above average quality NBA starting big man.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:22 pm

Bucher didnt mention Brown to LA...
Kingsama

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:22 pm

insertwittynamehere wrote:How sweet would it be for Kobe that the guy who Michael Jordan ruined, suddenly came alive due to his leadership and motivation? Something his airness couldn't do. Turn Kwame Brown into an above average quality NBA starting big man.

above avg. lets first get this guy to avg.

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors