Brown deal done?

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:23 pm

GuRu wrote:
LakersCourt wrote:You will eat your words on this one next year Guru.Kwame heartless :man7: He will prove you and many other fans wrong next year.

Hes been in the league 4 years, has done absolutely nothing, and he even QUIT ON HIS TEAM last season.

Hes squandered all the talent in the world. A complete waste and a dissapointment, and all because he doesnt have the heart to succeed. If he turns it around, so be it, but chances are he'll continue to be another waste of size and talent.

But Gu, if the only thing the Lakers will lose is CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER, isn't a chance worth taking? Lakers need BIG MAN HELP. Lakers don't need SWINGMAN help, dawg.

And did I mention that IT'S ONLY CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER? :man13: :man1:

I think some of us are overhyping Caron a little bit. He's a cool player, has skills, but if Bobby Simmons can come into the NBA and have a breakout season out of the blue, how hard is it for the Lakers to find a cat like that? You can get a solid swngman from Slippery Rock teacher's College now....but a 7 foot athletic 22 year old? Not happenin'.

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:23 pm

everybody is dissin kwame here.....

i'll bet if we do this trade, alot of you will be eating crow in regards to your current opinions of kwame.

phil and co. will get more out of this kid than anyone else has so far.

he's like 22 or so. he's shown signs, and let's be real, playing for the lakers is a whole different world than being a wizard. he WILL step up to the plate to redeem his image and character under the guidence of the best coach in the game in the greatest organization in team sports.

he's ready to break out, and when he does as a laker, you'll all be praising mitch for this move. let it be known, when bandwagoners jump on the kwame express later down the road, I SAID IT HERE FIRST. do it mitch, kwame in purple and gold. lovin it! :man13:
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:23 pm

borri wrote:If this goes through, a couple of thoughts come to mind:

1. How high is Caron's stock as viewed by the league?

2. Is this the BEST deal we can get for Caron?

3. Do we give Mitch the benefit of the doubt that Kwame is the best possible deal we could have consumated?

If in reality and i hope for Mitch's sake that Caron isn't gettin much love from the league, then I say, what else can we do? Keep Caron for another year and have redundancy at the 3 position and lost him next year via free agency or trade him now for whatever we can get?

On the other hand, could it be that NBA gm's know that we are in dire need of frontline help, that we likely won't re-sign Butler next year, and are therefore LOW BALLING Mitch for Butler?

People have been over-valuing Butler for months. No matter what Mitch gets in return, people will be in outrage!!

Youll have your average Mitch hater who hates everything he does regardless.

Youll have your Caron-cult who fails to see he doesnt fit and is of the most common skill set in the NBA

And youll also have your typical uneducated morons who will go on and on about both players, but have probablt NEVER seen Kwame play a game in their lives

Expect a lot of rush to judgement and overreaction. Its a CL staple
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:23 pm

IF we get Kwame the Lakers better bring in some big man coaches. Turiaf, Kwame and A-Bomb will all need some help.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby alex58 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:24 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Ok Hot List just said now that the L.A. Times is reporting that the trade is in talk...and AM 570 said the same thing...so it is just in talks...so little false alram people...the trade isn't done yet...we still have a chance to back out and everything...

Hey guys , its just IN TALK , don't worry !!! our GM is the best in trades and drft picks etc.. :man7: :man7: :man7: LOL
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby sunhills on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:25 pm

It's a Rumor coming from the Phili Inquirer via Fox:

Wizards seeking Lakers' Butler in deal

By David Aldridge

Inquirer Staff Writer

LAS VEGAS - The Washington Wizards, stung by the loss of free agent Larry Hughes to the Cavaliers, may be able to stanch the sting.

Sources involved with the discussions say that the Wizards are talking to the Los Angeles Lakers about a sign-and-trade deal in which forward Kwame Brown, the top pick in the 2001 NBA draft, would go to the Lakers in exchange for swingman Caron Butler.

The Wizards have other options on the table that could bring them a much-needed big man in return for Brown, but Butler would make a lot of sense.

Butler has been available during most of his yearlong stay in Los Angeles. If the Lakers move him and, as expected, release forward Brian Grant in order to save money under the luxury tax, they would have precious little to show for their blockbuster trade of Shaquille O'Neal to Miami.
sunhills

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:25 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:But the funny thing is, some of you guys are cool on the Lakers drafting Bynum but you frown upon Kwame coming here? :man3: :man3: :man3:

Bynum has worth ethic, is a willing learner, reportedly picks up on the triangle quickly, and is awed and loved by basically the entire Laker organization.

But, J - HE'S STILL UNPROVEN!

He MAY or MAY NOT pan out? Awed or not, he STILL has to produce. Kwame has at least shown he can play in the NBA...Bynum has YET to PROVE that, bro.

And remember...IT'S ONLY CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER! :man12: :man1: :man13:

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:26 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:But Gu, if the only thing the Lakers will lose is CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER, isn't a chance worth taking? Lakers need BIG MAN HELP. Lakers don't need SWINGMAN help, dawg.

And did I mention that IT'S ONLY CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER? :man13: :man1:

I think some of us are overhyping Caron a little bit. He's a cool player, has skills, but if Bobby Simmons can come into the NBA and have a breakout season out of the blue, how hard is it for the Lakers to find a cat like that? You can get a solid swngman from Slippery Rock teacher's College now....but a 7 foot athletic 22 year old? Not happenin'.

Like I said, I wouldnt be upset or elated. Caron is a dime-a-dozen, Kwame is a unproven young big man.

You are dead on about the overhyping of Caron though. DEAD ON!
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:27 pm

point of interest (think someone else mentioned this in one of the 6,000 kwame threads): if he comes here, phil will have had to give his blessing. to me, this means he thinks he can work with him, which is a good sign.

point of interest #2: reading through what wiz fans had to say and what laker fans have had to say about this trade, it appears that there is a lot of disagreement amongst fans of each team. this usually means it's a fair trade. of course, the "experts" are going to rip the lakers a new one if they do this...

anyway, i think we're all getting a little too worked up about something that hasn't happened yet.
abeer3

Postby TomSeaver on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:27 pm

Is Butler's stock so low that this is all we could get? Washington was fat up with Brown anyway. We didn't have to give up Butler.
TomSeaver

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:28 pm

My sources say this thread will reach 15 pages by tommorrow :man1:
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:29 pm

What I ALSO find hilarious is how some of you who are in favor of bringing in A HEADCASE like RON ARTEST are trying to accuse Kwame of being a MALCONTENT! :man10:

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:What I ALSO find hilarious is how some of you who are in favor of bringing in A HEADCASE like RON ARTEST are trying to accuse Kwame of being a MALCONTENT! :man10:

People are never going to behappy here VM, youll soon learn that
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:31 pm

VERBAL-

didn't you hear, it's caron freaking butler we're moving. i think thats gone unnoticed :man4: :bang: lol!
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:31 pm

How many times does it need to be said that Caron is a dime a dozen in the L . 6'7" athletes who are slashers and cant d grow on freakin trees. He averaged 15 a game on a lottery team where Chuck it up atkins averaged 12. Gimme a break teams dont need SF, and barring a miracle he isnt going to bring back a 15 and 10 PF. Kwame was injured through out the year last year and had a myriad of issues with MJ, and the coaching staff years before.
In his third year (At 21 years old) he average 11 and 7 and had some huge games in the begining and end of the year. Is he perfect? No, but with a supportive enviroment he could EASILY BE a 13 and 8 guy. i will personally laugh out loud if he comes to LA and develops...
Kingsama

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:What I ALSO find hilarious is how some of you who are in favor of bringing in A HEADCASE like RON ARTEST are trying to accuse Kwame of being a MALCONTENT! :man10:

i hear you verbal. more irony: the people who are on the bash kwame train are largely the same synchophants that bash kobe in the media. popular opinion is just popular, not always correct...
abeer3

Postby etowler on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 pm

Just a random thought here....I see you all going back and forth about Brown vs. Butler. Admittedly, I don't know very much about Brown, but as a die-hard Laker fan, I know true heart when I see it. And that's what I see when I watch Caron Butler play. Say what you want about numbers and stats, but apparently you can't teach the intangibles. Caron really feels like a Laker to me. Certainly more than another "possible future breakout star". All you real fans out there: do you really want to be so quick to ship out one of the best elements of last season? He's a good guy and plays his a** off, every game, every play.
Anyway, that's my take, so go ahead and let the bashing begin.
It's my first real post, so please, be gentle.
Rock on, Laker freaks!!
etowler

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 pm

GuRu wrote:
borri wrote:If this goes through, a couple of thoughts come to mind:

1. How high is Caron's stock as viewed by the league?

2. Is this the BEST deal we can get for Caron?

3. Do we give Mitch the benefit of the doubt that Kwame is the best possible deal we could have consumated?

If in reality and i hope for Mitch's sake that Caron isn't gettin much love from the league, then I say, what else can we do? Keep Caron for another year and have redundancy at the 3 position and lost him next year via free agency or trade him now for whatever we can get?

On the other hand, could it be that NBA gm's know that we are in dire need of frontline help, that we likely won't re-sign Butler next year, and are therefore LOW BALLING Mitch for Butler?

People have been over-valuing Butler for months. No matter what Mitch gets in return, people will be in outrage!!

Youll have your average Mitch hater who hates everything he does regardless.

Youll have your Caron-cult who fails to see he doesnt fit and is of the most common skill set in the NBA

And youll also have your typical uneducated morons who will go on and on about both players, but have probablt NEVER seen Kwame play a game in their lives

Expect a lot of rush to judgement and overreaction. Its a CL staple

Yawn. no one is saying they wouldnt trade caron. Kwame is an idiot. He is soft, he quits, doesnt use is whatever to his advantage. Low BBall IQ. he is RYAN LEAF. Where will his minutes come from. Turiaf, Mihm, Bynum. All 3 of these guys have as much POTENTIAL as Kwame. the dude is a quiter. he mopes on the bench. If your going to go out on a limb and make a trade, get someone that shows Moxy. And yes you will have mitch haters and caron lovers. ITS CALLED AN OPINION. I have seen Kwame play. the dude plays like hes 6'6. We have plenty of those

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:33 pm

TomSeaver wrote:Is Butler's stock so low that this is all we could get? Washington was fat up with Brown anyway. We didn't have to give up Butler.

It's the NBA, dawg. Big Men automatically have more worth than other players. It's just the way it is. You can't teach height, but you sure the hell can coach it. So caron may have more skills than Kwame, but Caron can't patrol the paint, and he who controls the paint - Controls the titles.

That's why people always say "You don't trade a Bigs and not get a Bigs in return"...The Wiz are gettin' banged on this one if the Lkaers don't have to give up a quality Big. Then again, do we have any quality Bigs? LOL!

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:35 pm

GuRu wrote:

People are never going to behappy here VM, youll soon learn that

Dawg, I'm SLOWLY startin' to see that, trust me! :man12:

Postby LakRfAn on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:35 pm

hZm wrote:Haha, if its true... we just got screwed. :man10:
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:35 pm

GuRu wrote:My sources say this thread will reach 15 pages by tommorrow :man1:

True. There also migth be at least 5 more new threads about Kwame by tomorrow.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:36 pm

maddprophet wrote:VERBAL-

didn't you hear, it's caron freaking butler we're moving. i think thats gone unnoticed :man4: :bang: lol!

Maddawg, my bad...how could I forget: IT'S CARON FREAKIN' BUTLER, for Christ's sake! :man10:

Postby GuRu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:36 pm

wingnut wrote:Yawn. no one is saying they wouldnt trade caron. Kwame is an idiot. He is soft, he quits, doesnt use is whatever to his advantage. Low BBall IQ. he is RYAN LEAF. Where will his minutes come from. Turiaf, Mihm, Bynum. All 3 of these guys have as much POTENTIAL as Kwame. the dude is a quiter. he mopes on the bench. If your going to go out on a limb and make a trade, get someone that shows Moxy. And yes you will have mitch haters and caron lovers. ITS CALLED AN OPINION. I have seen Kwame play. the dude plays like hes 6'6. We have plenty of those

And (just playing Devils advocate here) people could make a case for Kwame as well. Hes an athletic 7 footer, still young, showed some potential last year,s teadily improving, only 22 like Jermain O'Neal comparison, ect....
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby lakerstuntman on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:36 pm

maybe if we trade butler in a package to wizard for brown and gilbert! i would be happy with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lakerstuntman

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors