C Butler for K Brown according to Vecsey in the NY Post

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:29 am

I don't want DIXON :mad1: :disagree: :bang:

I want HAYES :jam2: :man13: :bow:

Well, they have Caron who can play the 2 guard and the 3.. Maybe we could give them Sasha Vujacic if they want a guard so badly.

Lakers trade:

Caron Butler
Sasha Vujacic
Stanislav Medvedenko

Washington trades:
Kwame Brown
Jarvis Hayes

DO IT MITCH :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby Xepa on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:39 am

What's up with people getting Hayes. :phone: this just in, the Wizards just loss a swingman and are looking to ADD ONE IN BUTLER. Why would they give away one of their best swingmen when they're trading for one. Don't give me that "well we have george/luke" there's a reason why we don't want them, ya think Washington doesn' notice?

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby lakerfool on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 am

LakersCourt wrote:I don't want DIXON :mad1: :disagree: :bang:

I want HAYES :jam2: :man13: :bow:

Well, they have Caron who can play the 2 guard and the 3.. Maybe we could give them Sasha Vujacic if they want a guard so badly.

Lakers trade:

Caron Butler
Sasha Vujacic
Stanislav Medvedenko

Washington trades:
Kwame Brown
Jarvis Hayes

DO IT MITCH :jam2:

And I'm telling you, YOU CAN'T GET HAYES. He's pretty much untradeable

So I guess you have to live w/ Dixon :man11:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby lakerfool on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:45 am

insertwittynamehere wrote:What's up with people getting Hayes. :phone: this just in, the Wizards just loss a swingman and are looking to ADD ONE IN BUTLER. Why would they give away one of their best swingmen when they're trading for one. Don't give me that "well we have george/luke" there's a reason why we don't want them, ya think Washington doesn' notice?

THANK YOU
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:15 pm

lakerfool wrote:Here's the one key stat everyone tends to forget

7 feet tall, 250 lbs of raw muscle. If we can ever get him motivated, then we automatically have a solid big for years to come.

If we get Caron motivated, we still have a swingman, in which comes a dime a dozen inthe league

but that if is as likely to happen as...if Shaq ever stops talking about the Lakers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:18 pm

insertwittynamehere wrote:What's up with people getting Hayes. :phone: this just in, the Wizards just loss a swingman and are looking to ADD ONE IN BUTLER. Why would they give away one of their best swingmen when they're trading for one. Don't give me that "well we have george/luke" there's a reason why we don't want them, ya think Washington doesn' notice?

Well, if they are unwilling to part with Hayes, then I would accept nothing less than them adding Dixon and Blatche to the deal.
JSM

Postby lakerfool on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:21 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
lakerfool wrote:Here's the one key stat everyone tends to forget

7 feet tall, 250 lbs of raw muscle. If we can ever get him motivated, then we automatically have a solid big for years to come.

If we get Caron motivated, we still have a swingman, in which comes a dime a dozen inthe league

but that if is as likely to happen as...if Shaq ever stops talking about the Lakers.

Well, he never really had a true mentor in Wash. And actually, in his 3rd season, put up a solid 10 pts, 8 reb, 48% shooting a game. I'd give him a change of scenery and see what he can do, ESPECIALLY if Dixon is included in such a deal
lakerfool

Postby Xepa on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:22 pm

A Peter Vescey thread going on 12 pages, eh who would have thunk?

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:38 pm

1. Kwame Brown (6-11 240 lbs.) Glynn Academy (HS)

Positives: The most gifted player in the draft, Brown is a great athlete with exceptional basketball skills. He can handle the ball like a guard and has a good-looking stroke from 15 to 17 feet. Brown also has good floor vision and passes extremely well. Brown is currently at his best when he faces up and takes people off the dribble using an excellent crossover dribble. Defensively, Brown is a devastating shotblocker with superb leaping ability, timing and reach. Because of his combination of size, strength and skill, Brown is often compared to Chris Webber and Kevin Garnett. At this point, Brown has a much more NBA-ready physique than Garnett had coming out of high school.

Negatives: Unfortunately, Brown does not enjoy posting up offensively and takes far too many three-pointers. Despite Garnett-level skills, Brown has yet to demonstrate the burning competitiveness that Garnett exhibited at the same stage of development.

Prognosis: Perhaps the best way to describe Kwame Brown is to say that he has the frame and physical skills of an Antonio McDyess and the basketball skills of a young Danny Manning. Brown could develop into a potential franchise player if he works hard on his game. Peak Projection: 22 ppg 10 rpg 4 apg 2.5 bpg

I pulled this off of a forum in LG which obviously is an assesment of Kwame just after the '01 draft.

Obviously this kid was (and still is) oozing with potential. Now I know that busts happen all the time, but I think its worth a shot to take a strong 6'11" kid with all the tools to be great with Caron Butler who is obviously expendable due to our abundance of swingmen.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:48 pm

I have a good hunch that this is going to go through and Kwame will be a Laker :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 pm

insertwittynamehere wrote:A Peter Vescey thread going on 12 pages, eh who would have thunk?

It would have stopped, if DA didn't add some fuel to the fire, with his credibility.
JSM

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:31 pm

Fox Sports just reported that the Lakers are just about to pull the trigger on this trade. They didn't mention any other players involved, but it seems very likely that Caron will be with Washington next year. :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:40 pm

LakersCourt wrote:Fox Sports just reported that the Lakers are just about to pull the trigger on this trade. They didn't mention any other players involved, but it seems very likely that Caron will be with Washington next year. :jam2:

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36595/20050712/a_kwame_for_caron_deal_brewing/
Kingsama

Postby Xepa on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:41 pm

It's on ESPN....I can't believe it's straight up....there better be pic involved...

Team FARMAR.
Xepa

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:42 pm

LakersCourt wrote:Fox Sports just reported that the Lakers are just about to pull the trigger on this trade. They didn't mention any other players involved, but it seems very likely that Caron will be with Washington next year. :jam2:

I swear, if Mitch does this trade and we don't get more than just Kwame, I will storm Staples Center and demand 3 things:
"Pay Me!"...oh wait, it's already been done.

Well, I guess I will settle for, "What the hell were you thinking?" And demand that he quits.
JSM

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:44 pm

insertwittynamehere wrote:It's on ESPN....I can't believe it's straight up....there better be pic involved...

it cant be straight up unless Kwame resigned for less...
Kingsama

Postby Kobe&Bynum on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:00 pm

Wow the Lakers may have just traded a 10th pick in the first round of the draft for the number 1 pick and I think it was a bad trade.

Oh I'm not joking or being sarcastic.
"When and if you do get League Pass and do watch the rest of the league play, then you can start making judgments on players on other teams.."

Translation: Facts mean nothing on the internet.
Kobe&Bynum

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:53 pm

I'm shipping this over to the Trade Rumors forum
JSM

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors