C Butler for K Brown according to Vecsey in the NY Post

Postby ahaider15 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:02 pm

I dont think its true because the Lakers need a power forward right now immediately and a point guard. Mitch isnt taht stupid where he knows that he could Jamaal Magloire why go get Kwame.
User avatar
ahaider15

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:14 pm
Location: Fresno, Cali

Postby DMK on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:06 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
Kobe is a much better ball handler than Jordan ever was


Actually, Kobe's handles didn't get good until about 2002 or later. MJ had handles coming out of NC, bro. Kobe was ALWAYS a hazard with the rock early on.


:man3: Kobe's handles > MJ's at any point of his career.
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:07 pm

silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
jaminges wrote:Caron Butler and Devean George for Kwame Brown and a first round pick.


I'd go for that.

If we could get Arenas that would be nice too. Doubt it could happen, but I'd sure love it.


How do you intend on getting Arenas? :man3:



I have no idea. I just said it would be nice. We've got people here suggesting KG or Bron are coming to LA and you want to bust on me for saying it would be nice to have Arenas ? :man7: :man7: :man7:
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31303
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:08 pm

DMK wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
Kobe is a much better ball handler than Jordan ever was


Actually, Kobe's handles didn't get good until about 2002 or later. MJ had handles coming out of NC, bro. Kobe was ALWAYS a hazard with the rock early on.


:man3: Kobe's handles > MJ's at any point of his career.


Nope. Go back and watch Kobe from 96-01..and see how many ball handling TOs he has. MJ was WAY more polished as a ball handler when he came out of NC, which is understandable since KB came from high school.
Guest

 

Postby ahaider15 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:09 pm

Calm down we aint busting we just wondering just like Im wondering how seven got chris weber in LA. Its your opinion you cant be wrong with your opinion. However, I cant see washington trading Arenas when tehy just lost Hughes.
User avatar
ahaider15

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:14 pm
Location: Fresno, Cali

Postby sky_hook on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Kwame Brown for Caron Butler? Hell no! What has Kwame Brown done in this league. Yes, he's a big body, but he doesn't play defense and barely scores. He looks lost when he plays. Caron Butler has shown great stuff two years in a row. Kwame hasn't shown squat.

Even if Jerry West likes Kwame Brown.....do you think he would give up Caron Butler for him? I dont think so.
User avatar
sky_hook

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: San Diego, California

Postby Lateralus on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:14 pm

A player with loads of potential for a player that is already a proven bust?

No thanks.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby silversyphon41 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:25 pm

John3:16 wrote:
silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
jaminges wrote:Caron Butler and Devean George for Kwame Brown and a first round pick.


I'd go for that.

If we could get Arenas that would be nice too. Doubt it could happen, but I'd sure love it.


How do you intend on getting Arenas? :man3:



I have no idea. I just said it would be nice. We've got people here suggesting KG or Bron are coming to LA and you want to bust on me for saying it would be nice to have Arenas ? :man7: :man7: :man7:


In a fantasy, LA could get Arenas. But why stop there, lets bring back MJ and all of the other Hall of Famers. In reality, after losing Hughes, why would they allow Arenas to leave? They've already been in the playoffs, so why would they further dismantle what they are left with? C'mon, think before you make a reply. :mad1:
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
User avatar
silversyphon41

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Postby ahaider15 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:32 pm

silversyphon41 calm down man. Look KG to LA is way more out there then Arenas but truth is thats who he wants maybe in a few years hell sign with the Lakers but who knows. Fact is no one here knows Caron 1 and emplay are great but they are not the GM. THe only person who knows is Kupchak and Buss. So dont say its not possible anything is possible or as Addidas says Impossible is Nothing. Dont bash him man calm down the heat does wierd things to people
User avatar
ahaider15

 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:14 pm
Location: Fresno, Cali

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:34 pm

silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
jaminges wrote:Caron Butler and Devean George for Kwame Brown and a first round pick.


I'd go for that.

If we could get Arenas that would be nice too. Doubt it could happen, but I'd sure love it.


How do you intend on getting Arenas? :man3:



I have no idea. I just said it would be nice. We've got people here suggesting KG or Bron are coming to LA and you want to bust on me for saying it would be nice to have Arenas ? :man7: :man7: :man7:


In a fantasy, LA could get Arenas. But why stop there, lets bring back MJ and all of the other Hall of Famers. In reality, after losing Hughes, why would they allow Arenas to leave? They've already been in the playoffs, so why would they further dismantle what they are left with? C'mon, think before you make a reply. :mad1:


dude what the hell all he said was it would be nice to get arenas
User avatar
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11280
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:39 pm

Did this thread also go to hell ? great job. thanks :bang:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55507
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby perfecto31 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:54 pm

Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
Kwame Brown
6th- Jurmaine Jones

or...

Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
chris Mihm
6th- caron Butler
now that Lamar is the third option or so keep um.

"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Perfecto has new songs on the 1st and 15th of each month.. Government Assistance @ www.DubCnn.com
User avatar
perfecto31

 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:26 am
Location: inglewood up to no good

Postby GuRu on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:01 pm

[size=150]Caron1[/size] wrote:I dont know if this is as dumb as everyone is making it out to be. If Phil really likes Odom at 3, then Caron is reduced to a bench role. Something that isnt fair to him, our us. Hes a talented player, and wouldnt get enough minutes (and if he did, we'd be undersized like last year). If we invsted in Kwame and he paid off, its a smart move. Even if he doesnt do much offensively, he is still a big body, something we really need.
Plus, maybe we could include Chucky in the deal (Wash. needs a new combo guard now that Hughes is gone)?
Picking up Kwame and a 1st only brightens LA's future, but losing Butler would hurt


I wouldnt say its dumb, I will say that i dont like it. If there is a chance Caron is going to be coming off the bench (i actually think that would be good for him), and you think we are wasting his talent, then sure he should be moved. But moving a valueable trade piece for a gamble like Kwame seems risky. sure, he is a 7 footer with size, but hes been in the L for some years now and proven to be nothing but average. Kwame would come off the bench here unless he drastically improved IMO. Believe me I love size, but Id rather package Caron in the right deal.

Now if Washington was willing to throw in Etan or one of their guards perhaps it would be much more attractive. I just think Caron for a re-signed Kwame is overpaying a bit.


[size=150]VerbalMilk[/size] wrote:Fellas, Lakers need to get bigger. No one is gonna give up Tim Duncan or KG, Kwame is a 7 footer with potential. I'd much rather see them take a chance on a big man than to have 336 swingmen on the roster.

Inside out, people...that's how you win titles.


No one has been preaching "Improve the frontcourt " more than me for over a year now. I agree we need to get bigger, but is Kwame that guy? I mean sure hes big....but so was Desagna Diop :man1:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby sky_hook on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:08 pm

perfecto31 wrote:Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
Kwame Brown
6th- Jurmaine Jones

or...

Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
chris Mihm
6th- caron Butler


I'd rather have Chris Mihm there.
User avatar
sky_hook

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: San Diego, California

Postby Savage1 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:11 pm

I'm all for Kwame. My philosophy is that teams with cap space can spend on proven guys to improve their club. With teams that are over the cap, it becomes more difficult, because if a player isn't infatuated with your city and/or current roster, then a team can't separate themselves from the rest of the pack. With only the MLE and LLE to offer, we are in the same position as many other teams. Unless somebody is looking to do a camp dump, it's difficult to bring in impact players.
For Mitch and other GM's in his same position, he has to be creative. He'll have to take a risk to improve the team, besides using the expiring K's, and Kwame is as good of a risk as any. His value is at an all time low, meaning you have to give up less to get him.
I don't know if people that are against this are just really big Caron fans, or if they just read the negative stuff about Kwame and never really watch him. He has impressive athletiscm and some decent low-post moves, not to mention that he's very young. If you put this guy in a positive environment with a team that has proven that they can develop players, then he'll show improvement. Guys that are far less valueable command more money than Kwame, so if this guy gets locked for 4-5 years, I would very happy.
User avatar
Savage1

 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Florida

Postby Kingsama on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:12 pm

pull the trigger mitch. K is an athletic 7 footer who just got imasculated by Jordan in Washington. The Kidd is still 23 years old and last year with out the injury and team issues averaged 11 and 7. With Mitch giving the MLE to a guard, or so it seems, and boozer esc trades not happening. What black tar herion dreams are the lakers going to use to fill the black hole that is our post? Curry, Tyson "Fragile' " Chandler, please caron isnt bringing those guys back. And the current roster isnt going to get it done.

Bynum? sorry not right away
Ronny? maybe
The retirement ready Divac and Grant?
the chuck it up brothers, cook and medva? please...

or how bout the droves of 4 pt 3 reb a game lle players that will suddenly be the savior at the 4? ie james, hunter, etc...

The lakers have Mihm as a THEIR ONLY NBA TESTED BIG, and he cant stay in the game because of foul trouble. It would be different if Caron could bring back a stellar 4, but as its been said swing men in the L grow on trees and young athletic bigs dont.

In order to make it big in the L you at times have to take Risks, if mitch pulls the trigger on this it will be that a huge risk that will hopefully pay big dividens for the L show...
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

Postby Damian Necronamous on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:13 pm

perfecto31 wrote:Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
Kwame Brown
6th- Jurmaine Jones

or...

Antonio Daniels
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Ronny Turiaf
chris Mihm
6th- caron Butler


Not exactly. More like...

PG: Antonio Daniels
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Lamar Odom
C: Chris Mihm

OR

PG: Antonio Daniels
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Kwame Brown
C: Chris Mihm

And that's if we get Antonio Daniels.
Damian Necronamous

 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Postby plennt on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:28 pm

lakerfool wrote:I THINK PETER VESCEY HAS BEEN READING CL A LITTLE TOO DEEPLY


plennt agrees with you, son. plennt cringes at the very idea of kwame for caron!
User avatar
plennt

 
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Plennt's House!

Postby LukeWalton on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:30 pm

Kwame :hurl:

yes it could turn out to be a big investment but im sure we can get better for Caron....When I think of Kwame i think bust. I know hes still young and a change of scenery can do good but I dont see him doing anything special..Etan Thomas would be better than him...
User avatar
LukeWalton

 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Los Angles

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:29 pm

GURU:
No one has been preaching "Improve the frontcourt " more than me for over a year now. I agree we need to get bigger, but is Kwame that guy? I mean sure hes big....but so was Desagna Diop


I would love to see the Lakers grab Tyson in a sign and trade but what else is out there better than Kwame that's FEASIBLE? And if anyone mentions TWEENER scrub Etan Thomas I will die laughing.
Guest

 

Postby 1 x Butler x 1 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:30 pm

GuRu wrote:Caron for Kwame?

:hurl:


-Can we please show journalists the respect they deserve. Peter Vescey writes for a very respected newspaper and I don't think he deserves to be degraded because of some trades he predicted that didn't happen. I know a couple of "insiders" that have the CL MoBerators behing them so they hear nothing. Please show him the respect you show emplay, Lionel, etc.
User avatar
1 x Butler x 1

 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:49 am

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:32 pm

GuRu wrote:Caron for Kwame?

:hurl:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:34 pm

1 x Butler x 1 wrote:
GuRu wrote:Caron for Kwame?

:hurl:


-Can we please show journalists the respect they deserve. Peter Vescey writes for a very respected newspaper and I don't think he deserves to be degraded because of some trades he predicted that didn't happen. I know a couple of "insiders" that have the CL MoBerators behing them so they hear nothing. Please show him the respect you show emplay, Lionel, etc.

1. GuRu refered to the idea not PV
2. Do you have respect for all writers? come on there are a lot of poor Laker haters that need to be called out. Some just don´t deserve the respect. You have to earn respect: its not coming just because of your occupation or title or what ever.
Last edited by KB24 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55507
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:53 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
silversyphon41 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
jaminges wrote:Caron Butler and Devean George for Kwame Brown and a first round pick.


I'd go for that.

If we could get Arenas that would be nice too. Doubt it could happen, but I'd sure love it.


How do you intend on getting Arenas? :man3:



I have no idea. I just said it would be nice. We've got people here suggesting KG or Bron are coming to LA and you want to bust on me for saying it would be nice to have Arenas ? :man7: :man7: :man7:


In a fantasy, LA could get Arenas. But why stop there, lets bring back MJ and all of the other Hall of Famers. In reality, after losing Hughes, why would they allow Arenas to leave? They've already been in the playoffs, so why would they further dismantle what they are left with? C'mon, think before you make a reply. :mad1:


dude what the hell all he said was it would be nice to get arenas




Thanks for the assist, but you know I can handle these newbies on my own. :man10:

All I would tell them to do is
A: Read my original post.
B: have them have someone explain it to them since they don't understand it.
C: Advise them to keep posting. They're bound to get better with time.

:jam2:
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31303
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:54 pm

^ :man10:
User avatar
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11280
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.