CBS: Lakers close to acquiring 2nd rounder from SEA

Postby yong on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 pm

the thing is guys... i think its true that we are trying to grab a 2nd rounder as i could see that our GM and young owner are infatuated with drafting :man10:

but i don't blame them. afterall, if you hit lottery for 4 years in a row, you want to keep the streak going.

however, i don't think that we are going for this george hill boy.

thats what lakers always do haha. they say they will go for A, and someone they picks someone totally random like Q.

remember how we went from gerald green to bynum?

james white to farmar?

i see us going after dorsey- or if possible....... move even higher into early 20s... for batum.
yong

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:45 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:Mitch Kupchak has earned my trust. If he sees a player that he thinks is worth moving up to get, then he moves up to get him then I am very excited. This player George Hill had to have shown something good.

I'm gonna agree with this, as much as we have hated on Mitch, he hasn't drafted a crappy player in a while. You look at Sasha, Bynum, Ronny, Critt, all these guys can play and were still playing when much higher draft picks were at home. So I think I can safely say now that Mitch knows what he's doing.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Weezy wrote:
pureuncut100 wrote:Mitch Kupchak has earned my trust. If he sees a player that he thinks is worth moving up to get, then he moves up to get him then I am very excited. This player George Hill had to have shown something good.

I'm gonna agree with this, as much as we have hated on Mitch, he hasn't drafted a crappy player in a while. You look at Sasha, Bynum, Ronny, Critt, all these guys can play and were still playing when much higher draft picks were at home. So I think I can safely say now that Mitch knows what he's doing.

I think Jimmy tells Mitch who to pick. Wasn't Mitch set on picking May instead of
Bynum?
D.B. Cooper

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm

yong wrote:the thing is guys... i think its true that we are trying to grab a 2nd rounder as i could see that our GM and young owner are infatuated with drafting :man10:

but i don't blame them. afterall, if you hit lottery for 4 years in a row, you want to keep the streak going.

thats what lakers always do haha. they say they will go for A, and someone they picks someone totally random like Q.

james white to farmar?

i see us going after dorsey- or if possible....... move even higher into early 20s... for batum.

Good point. I found it strange that the Lakers so clearly stated their interest in George Hill. That is not a smart thing to do considering our success in past recent drafts. Why draw attention to they guy you think is the sleeper?

Keep an eye on Batum. I have heard numerous sources say he is now in the second round.
pureuncut100

Postby chug o nomics on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 pm

If we move up, I don't really want a guard, even though I'd be fine with it. I want a backup center who is athletic, strong, and defensive minded. Joey Dorsey seems like a good choice, hopefully he would get his act together. A guy like DeVon Hardin seems sweet too, even if he's not as big as I'd like a PF/C to be.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby LetHimRoll on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:19 pm

JSM wrote:
diehard wrote:
JSM wrote:
diehard wrote:I would almost consider no longer being a Lakers fan if they picked Joey Dorsey - not really - but I can't stand that guy. He's a chump with little skill.

A strong physical big who can patrol the paint, D up, and rebound with the best of them. Yeah, who wants that?

32 nba teams who won't draft him in the first round?

We have two new expansion teams? Good to know.

And that has nothing to do with the discussion. He was a 1st round prospect for the longest until the slew of international prospects declared. Millsap, Boozer, Anthony Mason, Kukoc, and Rodman were all big men taken in the 2nd round. Try again with some relevant.

Speaking of Boozer, how about Richard Hendrixs? He has similar numbers to Boozer at the same age but just like Boozer he is being neglected for his lack of length at the 4. He is 6'8'' 250lbs. I always say you can't measure heart. Check him out.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Richard-Hendrix-229/

His per and eff is higher than the Lopez brothers.
LetHimRoll

Postby shehatesme on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm

I hope it's for Puke.
United, Man united,
We’re the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley
shehatesme

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:56 pm

I call a smokescreen.
Chicano

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Well, at least one trade will be happening. :man11:

(This one)
Radner

Postby RobinHood on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Chicano wrote:I call a smokescreen.

For who?
RobinHood

Postby Chicano on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

:man10:
Chicano

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 pm

RobinHood wrote:

For who?

not that kind of smokescreen

this kind

:mhihi:
GinoDB

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:22 pm

GinoDB wrote:
RobinHood wrote:

For who?

this kind

KOFFING?!
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby GinoDB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 pm

CrazyLikeCatfish wrote:
GinoDB wrote:
RobinHood wrote:

For who?

this kind

KOFFING?!

tried to find a picture of a pokemon doing smokescreen attack, lol, this si the best i could do , what a fail, :mhihi:
GinoDB

Postby westcoast21 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I wonder if it would be for our 2nd pick this year or a future 2nd rounder. The only players i could see us trading would be Coby Karl, Chris Mihm or Sun Yue. Maybe its a bigger deal? If thats the case, i hope its for Wilcox
westcoast21

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:15 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
yong wrote:the thing is guys... i think its true that we are trying to grab a 2nd rounder as i could see that our GM and young owner are infatuated with drafting :man10:

james white to farmar?

Good point. I found it strange that the Lakers so clearly stated their interest in George Hill. That is not a smart thing to do considering our success in past recent drafts. Why draw attention to they guy you think is the sleeper?

Keep an eye on Batum. I have heard numerous sources say he is now in the second round.

well to counter that...last year everyone knew that we coveted Javaris Crittenton... JC also had triangle experience and he played PG.

My question is what does our team think of Farmar. Hill could be a nice spark off the bench and good 3 point shooter if Sasha leaves...
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 pm

westcoast21 wrote:I wonder if it would be for our 2nd pick this year or a future 2nd rounder. The only players i could see us trading would be Coby Karl, Chris Mihm or Sun Yue. Maybe its a bigger deal? If thats the case, i hope its for Wilcox

Our 2nd round pick this year is virtually the same as getting an undrafted player. So this year's 2nd rounder alone wouldn't be enough. It would take this year's and next year's.

Considering they have 6 picks this year, I don't think they want more garbage players.

Bigger deal is unlikely. They'll hold on to the Wilcox chip hoping they can work a deal with the Heat. If we're already having discussions with the Sonics, Wilcox isn't involved and I don't see him being added.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby westcoast21 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 pm

JSM wrote:
westcoast21 wrote:I wonder if it would be for our 2nd pick this year or a future 2nd rounder. The only players i could see us trading would be Coby Karl, Chris Mihm or Sun Yue. Maybe its a bigger deal? If thats the case, i hope its for Wilcox

Our 2nd round pick this year is virtually the same as getting an undrafted player. So this year's 2nd rounder alone wouldn't be enough. It would take this year's and next year's.

Considering they have 6 picks this year, I don't think they want more garbage players.

Bigger deal is unlikely. They'll hold on to the Wilcox chip hoping they can work a deal with the Heat. If we're already having discussions with the Sonics, Wilcox isn't involved and I don't see him being added.

How about the pick for cash considerations? Thats what the Hornets and Blazers just did.
westcoast21

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Cash could likely be involved. But for an early 2nd rounder, next year's 2nd round pick would have to be included.

And then you have to wonder if Buss wants to pay $2m-4m for a 2nd round pick.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

JSM wrote:Cash could likely be involved. But for an early 2nd rounder, next year's 2nd round pick would have to be included.

And then you have to wonder if Buss wants to pay $2m-4m for a 2nd round pick.

I highly doubt he would. He's paying through the rear as it is right now.

If we move up to the early second, I want Dorsey. No reason to pass someone physical like that after watching the Finals.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby stylerip on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 pm

if we somehow get wilcox without giving up odom (save him for wallace), i'd be insanely satisfied.

but if pau has a sweet midrange game, why not move him to the 3, so odom can stay at the 4? lol..
"People think that everyone pisses their pants when they realize Bynum is coming to town its after the game when they piss their pants." - KB+KG=DOMINATION
stylerip

Postby CaronKobeConnection on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am

stylerip wrote:if we somehow get wilcox without giving up odom (save him for wallace), i'd be insanely satisfied.

but if pau has a sweet midrange game, why not move him to the 3, so odom can stay at the 4? lol..

a 7 footer at the 3 position.... :mad1: :mad1:
CaronKobeConnection

Postby 10scott10 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 am

CaronKobeConnection wrote:
stylerip wrote:if we somehow get wilcox without giving up odom (save him for wallace), i'd be insanely satisfied.

on offense, not on defense.
10scott10

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:18 am

Whatever, I would not want Joe Dorsey on the Lakers. He's a chump.
jimbo327

Postby CaronKobeConnection on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:20 am

10scott10 wrote:
CaronKobeConnection wrote:

on offense, not on defense.

still have u seen pau's jumpshot this year?? It has been atrocious...He is a dynamic post player why move him to a midrange position it only makes us worse?
CaronKobeConnection

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors