CBS: Lakers close to acquiring 2nd rounder from SEA

Postby flipmeister on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 am

Well Draftexpress is projecting Batum and Ibaka in the second round, if we get a chance to draft them, don't doubt. Draft one of those two.
Heaven Holds The Faithfull Departed
flipmeister

Postby yong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:36 am

flipmeister wrote:Well Draftexpress is projecting Batum and Ibaka in the second round, if we get a chance to draft them, don't doubt. Draft one of those two.

totally agree.

generally, you want 1 prospect every year and not too many of them.
this is so that the rookie gets all the mentor from coaches and veterans.

however, serge ibaka is one boy you don't want to miss out.

he reminds me of andrew bynum in some way.
raw, unknown, unpolished, but has so much potential

AND HEART
you can't teach heart. forget about his youth and lack of coaching. we have the best coaching team, far better than any college can provide.

on the other hand, i like batum alot. it is difficult to find a kobe replacement.
i am not talking about their game or prowess.
i am simply talking about lakers' future SG.
we have PG, SF, C, but not SG and PF ( unless you consider turiaf as set )

it is difficult to fill that SG spot for we have been so spoilt by kobe.
javaris crittenton gave us hope. but he was undersized and got shipped for gasol.

batum has elite athlecism, elite SIZE, and elite game. however, he does not have the heart of an elite... sigh. and that basically upsets all other positives damn it. couple that with his heart issue...

anyway, i envy portland alot. damn. i bet they are paying 3m for every 1st round pick. which is crazy.
yong

Postby nosebleedbum on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:42 am

yong wrote:however, serge ibaka is one boy you don't want to miss out.

In terms of potential, Ibaka's got the goods. His game reminds of a cross between KG and LO. He won't last until the second round. I'd trade sasha's rights to get Ibaka (just because no one on our bench else has any value)
nosebleedbum

Postby SignPippenNow on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:58 am

Guys Joey Dorsey is a very good player. Where I live I get to see Memphis play several games and one of my best friends is the recruiting coordinator (football) at Memphis. Dorsey is a Rodman type player minus some of the funky stuff. I will say this, he will be better than Turiaf. I want George Hill but if they took Dorsey I would be elated as well.
SignPippenNow

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
RobinHood wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:If it's a trade rumor, it's going into the Trade Rumor forum.

Did you see the word rumor in that article? its a report therefore its not a rumor.

Easy snappy, if it's not a deal yet it's still in rumor status. Why bust my balls over semantics? :man3:
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby Blondie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:33 pm

How do you guys feel about the Spurs taking George Hill?
Blondie

Postby tangerine on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 am

George Hill drafted by the Spurs. Word out there: Lakers LOVE him and the Spurs allegedly sent out a league-wide email shopping this pick.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1366
tangerine

Postby Jajwa on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:17 am

We'll see if they finish a deal. Part of the deal may be allowing Sasha Vujajic to sign with the Spurs.

If it comes down to it and it's Hill plus filler+ a Vujajic S and T then so be it.
Jajwa

Postby westcoast21 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:52 am

I said in another thread, dont be suprised if the Lakers make a trade for George Hill. This is who the Lakers wanted, and i still believe they will get their man.
westcoast21

Postby Radner on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:09 am

Jajwa wrote:We'll see if they finish a deal. Part of the deal may be allowing Sasha Vujajic to sign with the Spurs.

If it comes down to it and it's Hill plus filler+ a Vujajic S and T then so be it.

The filler better be Kurt Thomas or else that trade is horrible.
Radner

Postby westcoast21 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:20 am

Jajwa wrote:We'll see if they finish a deal. Part of the deal may be allowing Sasha Vujajic to sign with the Spurs.

Im pretty sure the Lakers wont make a trade for Hill if it means a S and T with Sasha. Hill wont even play that much his rookie season.
westcoast21

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors