CBS: Lakers close to acquiring 2nd rounder from SEA

CBS: Lakers close to acquiring 2nd rounder from SEA

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:54 pm

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10876212

Don't move this. :man6:
The Lakers are close to getting a second-rounder from Seattle and want IUPUI guard George Hill.

It's the 32nd pick most likely.
Last edited by HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby marklar20 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:57 pm

very cool. Seattle did bad last season, hopefully its a good pick!
marklar20

Postby ricekobe on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm

please say its for joey dorsey
ricekobe

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Seattle owns the 32th pick.

That said, who is involved?
Radner

Re: CBS: Lakers close to acquiring 2nd rounder from SEA

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm

HisAirness24 wrote:Don't move this. :man6:

If it's a trade rumor, it's going into the Trade Rumor forum.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby HisAirness24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm

ricekobe wrote:please say its for joey dorsey

I think it's Hill, because it's been said that LA has worked him out and liked him. They covet him enough to trade up for him.

But I wouldn't mind Dorsey.
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 pm

They're bound to move some of their picks. This isn't the NFL draft, no team needs 6 draft picks.

I expect it's for Hill. But I would rather have Weaver or Dorsey if they are available.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Not sure why we want to take on anymore young players, don't we still have Sun Yue coming over? I've never heard of this player, I wonder why the Lakers are so high on him, anyone seen him play?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby RobinHood on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:If it's a trade rumor, it's going into the Trade Rumor forum.

Did you see the word rumor in that article? its a report therefore its not a rumor.
RobinHood

Postby ricekobe on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I just say that because the finals showed a glaring weakness in paint toughness, and there is no one in this entire draft better to suit that need.
ricekobe

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

RobinHood wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:If it's a trade rumor, it's going into the Trade Rumor forum.

Did you see the word rumor in that article? its a report therefore its not a rumor.

Easy snappy, if it's not a deal yet it's still in rumor status. Why bust my balls over semantics? :man3:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Weezy wrote: I wonder why the Lakers are so high on him

He's a good prospect and can play D, but it's because he has triangle experience.
JSM

Postby diehard on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 pm

I would almost consider no longer being a Lakers fan if they picked Joey Dorsey - not really - but I can't stand that guy. He's a chump with little skill.
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Just this second...

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 pm

OK... The question is are the Lakers losing anyone to get this pick? Is it just a trade for future picks?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:07 pm

diehard wrote:I would almost consider no longer being a Lakers fan if they picked Joey Dorsey - not really - but I can't stand that guy. He's a chump with little skill.

A strong physical big who can patrol the paint, D up, and rebound with the best of them. Yeah, who wants that?
JSM

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:08 pm

JSM wrote:
diehard wrote:I would almost consider no longer being a Lakers fan if they picked Joey Dorsey - not really - but I can't stand that guy. He's a chump with little skill.

A strong physical big who can patrol the paint, D up, and rebound with the best of them. Yeah, who wants that?

Not that you're partial or anything. :man12:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Re: Just this second...

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:08 pm

gcclaker wrote:OK... The question is are the Lakers losing anyone to get this pick? Is it just a trade for future picks?

I imagine it is our 2nd round pick this year + our 2nd round pick next year. Maybe cash consideration as well.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
JSM wrote:

Not that you're partial or anything. :man12:

Not in the least. It's not like I hard a Dorsey avatar or anything. Or created this thread over a year ago.
JSM

Postby diehard on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:11 pm

JSM wrote:

32 nba teams who won't draft him in the first round?

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby Radner on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Not sure why we want to take on anymore young players, don't we still have Sun Yue coming over? I've never heard of this player, I wonder why the Lakers are so high on him, anyone seen him play?

I have a feeling that Yue is involved.

Yue + 58th for Sonics' 32th
Radner

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

diehard wrote:
JSM wrote:

We have two new expansion teams? Good to know.

And that has nothing to do with the discussion. He was a 1st round prospect for the longest until the slew of international prospects declared. Millsap, Boozer, Anthony Mason, Kukoc, and Rodman were all big men taken in the 2nd round. Try again with some relevant.
JSM

Postby ricekobe on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm

JSM,

your last point is the best, all these players except kukoc are in the same mold. Not spectacular, but tough inside. We need that, and that is the type of player you can get in the second round that can help your team.
ricekobe

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I like what I have read about George Hill but Nicolas Batum is said to be falling out of the first round because of his heart condition.

If I were the Lakers I would find out what Batums problem was and make a decision.
pureuncut100

Postby diehard on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 pm

JSM wrote:
diehard wrote:
JSM wrote:

We have two new expansion teams? Good to know.

And that has nothing to do with the discussion. He was a 1st round prospect for the longest until the slew of international prospects declared. Millsap, Boozer, Anthony Mason, Kukoc, and Rodman were all big men taken in the 2nd round. Try again with some relevant.

Yeah, I've heard all those foreign players mentioned (as being avoided because they are turning into busts) and since we're pointing out mistakes, it's relevance.

diehard

Postby pureuncut100 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Mitch Kupchak has earned my trust. If he sees a player that he thinks is worth moving up to get, then he moves up to get him then I am very excited. This player George Hill had to have shown something good.
pureuncut100

Next

Return to Sourced Rumors