Chad Ford: Cavs, Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Magic like LO

Chad Ford: Cavs, Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Magic like LO

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Chad Ford of ESPN wrote:Odom played the role of scapegoat for angry Lakers fans after L.A. lost to the Celtics in the Finals. He didn't help his cause by showing up at camp out of shape. And he seemed to dig himself an even bigger hole when he criticized Phil Jackson for suggesting Odom might best help the Lakers by coming off the bench this season. In the past few days, Odom has backtracked and said he'd do what was best for the team, but most in the league think it's only a matter of time before the Lakers find a new home for him.

The team spent some time this summer looking at a few deals, but nothing materialized. Look for the Lakers to restart those talks sooner rather than later. Jackson's triangle offense is notoriously hard for recently acquired players to learn, and given Odom's impending free agency, now seems to be the right time to move him.

A Marion-for-Odom swap might make the most sense for both parties involved, though I've heard there's interest in Odom in quite a few cities, including Cleveland, Chicago, New Jersey, New York and Orlando.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Chad Ford: Cavs, Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Magic like LO

Postby GinoDB on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 pm

id deal with the Nets if they are willing to give us one of their PF/Sf , maybe Yi ? or Najera (can he be traded yet?) + Vince Carter , in return we could give Mihm/ Odom / picks

theyd have a sort of log jam of tweeners if they get Odom for Vince only so they would need to get rid of one , plus we need to take on Vince's somewhat bad contract so this makes it fair.

with that said I think Im more interested in what the Bulls or maybe the Magic have to offer.
GinoDB

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:29 pm

lebron for odom straight up! salaries match!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby flexxdzl on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:51 am

Shawn Marion makes the most sense ..because he can defend 3's ( loosely) he can jump dunk and shoot from 3 ..

Orlando??? they have nothing we need..

Also Stop saying mike miller ..we have sasha,karl,rad,luke ..they are all that type of player

btw Nj has nothing we want..VC is a punk ( soft) ..

The knicks are interesting..the problem is they have no one who can defend both 3 and 2 guards ala ( artest, battier ect) and hit the 3

CAVS? They have nothing..

Bulls have ty thomas,nocioni..but they will be wanting to axe gordon

I would be looking at the bucks ..and trying to get redd..at all cost..that would open the door for Kobe Pau and Bynum ..

they would have to play us honest ..
flexxdzl

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:41 am

Ship his a$$ out
SignPippenNow

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:18 am

flexxdzl wrote:Shawn Marion makes the most sense ..because he can defend 3's ( loosely) he can jump dunk and shoot from 3 ..

Also Stop saying mike miller ..we have sasha,karl,rad,luke ..they are all that type of player

The knicks are interesting..the problem is they have no one who can defend both 3 and 2 guards ala ( artest, battier ect) and hit the 3

I would be looking at the bucks ..and trying to get redd..at all cost..that would open the door for Kobe Pau and Bynum ..

Man, I like what you're talking about with Redd. That would be an insane offensive lineup for sure. But I'd take Marion - I've liked the idea since it came up this summer. I think this is all pretty speculative. But bottom line is: Marion's a much better fit here than in Miami, and LO is a much better fit in Miami than here.

Stumbling block is Marion wanting even more money than he's getting now, whereas LO is willing to take less. But I don't see ANYONE shelling out the megabucks for Marion this offseason. There just aren't any teams that want to pay 12-15 mill for a very good, former all star SF headed towards the downside of his career. If there isn't the competition for his services, then we have the inside track. If we could pay 10 mill a year for 4 years, basically probably what it would take to keep LO or just a little more, but we get a starter at SF, our weakest position, then we come out ahead. I like Ariza but he will be looking for MLE type money at 5 mill a year. So then you've still got a three-headed monster at SF, and LO coming off the bench at 4 for the next 4-5 years. If you get Marion, Ariza can be dealt or let go at year's end because you have the player Ariza is trying to be already. IMO Marion saves money potentially because you won't be paying salary for both LO and Ariza. You get one guy to do the job for two. That's smart.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakefansac on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 am

Lamar Odom and Vladimir Radmanovic

for

Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks

-Lakers get their power forward who can also play small forward and defend the perimeter

-Lakers get a point guard who can defend other point guards well and defend the perimeter as well

-Let Marion walk and keep Banks and re-sign Ariza

Not likely to happen because Buss likely wants to save money by letting Odom walk and Marion will deny the trade if no extension is guranteed by the Lakers, but I can dream...
lakefansac

Postby dvdrdiscs on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:40 pm

lakefansac wrote:Lamar Odom and Vladimir Radmanovic

for

Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks

-Lakers get their power forward who can also play small forward and defend the perimeter

-Lakers get a point guard who can defend other point guards well and defend the perimeter as well

-Let Marion walk and keep Banks and re-sign Ariza

Not likely to happen because Buss likely wants to save money by letting Odom walk and Marion will deny the trade if no extension is guranteed by the Lakers, but I can dream...

Why would the Lakers care whether or not Marion denies the trade if the Lakers want to let him walk at the end of the season anyways?

This trade makes too much sense for the Lakers and Heat to not have had at least one conversation. My guess is the Lakers want to sign Marion to an extension around $10 mil a year so they wouldn't have to resign Ariza. Marion is probably not agreeing to the extension. In this case, Marion does have a say and would be blocking the trade.
dvdrdiscs

Postby Sirron on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:05 pm

flexxdzl wrote:Shawn Marion makes the most sense ..because he can defend 3's ( loosely) he can jump dunk and shoot from 3 ..

Redd would be very interesting, but I would still take Marion over Odom every day because of his consistency, and the fact that I think he'd be a better fit for us.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby DMK on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 am

I like LO's Physical Skills and his all around talents, but it has been made pretty clear that he is expendable and moving him could land us a more complimentary piece.

so i say... do what you can do to IMPROVE.... but we want atleast someone who will improve us, duhh..

Marion would make an interesting ploy and i think would work atleast as good... his 3's as ugly as they are would most likely be more key lol but i think it would be the defensive effort that would stick out.

VC... thats like a car wreck... curious as to what would happen, but dont really want to see it.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Marion makes no sense for the Lakers...He wanted out of PHX becuase he wasnt getting enough touches,money etc..How would do on the Lakers being the 4th option..plus he was asking for around 15mill a year..You think the Lakers will give him that??

Hedo Turkoulu and Mike Millier would be perfect for the Lakers IMO with Treveor backing them up
d.carter4kobe

Postby LakerzDQ on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 am

d.carter4kobe wrote:Marion makes no sense for the Lakers...He wanted out of PHX becuase he wasnt getting enough touches,money etc..How would do on the Lakers being the 4th option..plus he was asking for around 15mill a year..You think the Lakers will give him that??

Hedo Turkoulu and Mike Millier would be perfect for the Lakers IMO with Treveor backing them up

I'd rather take Rashard Lewis than Turkoglu. Rashard's defense is slightly better, and he can shoot with range.
LakerzDQ

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Mike Miller's D is much better than Lewis/Hedo combined, and did you see Rashard's insane contract?
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Return to Sourced Rumors