LG: CHI/LAL deal? Chalmers?

LG: CHI/LAL deal? Chalmers?

Postby HisAirness24 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Guy from LG named 'redwho?' posted this:

I hear we're making a move to trade up for Chalmers if he's available at a certain spot.

Let's see what happens.

Package of Odom/Farmar/Walton being discussed with Chicago for Heinrich/Deng. Depending on what Deng will get signed for, Mihm may be thrown in there to fill.

about the CHI deal:

For Odom/Farmar, they are at least not hanging up the phone. On a positive note, front office seems to have really picked up on our side and making the right call imo. A friend of mine works for the agent for one of these guys and dropped me the text...

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopi ... &start=425
HisAirness24
CL Sim League Manager

Postby MadMax on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Taking every trade rumor with a grain of salt. Very small salt.
MadMax

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Odom/Farmar/Walton for Hinrich/Deng, too good to be true, no way Deng's stock dropped that much in a year. Last time they wouldn't even give him up for Kobe.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Maverick on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Weezy wrote:Odom/Farmar/Walton for Hinrich/Deng, too good to be true, no way Deng's stock dropped that much in a year. Last time they wouldn't even give him up for Kobe.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby deal on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:13 pm

MadMax wrote:Taking every trade rumor with a grain of salt. Very small salt.

:man10:
deal

Postby Shortodom on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:28 pm

man, i wish this trade rumor happens, Hinrich is the ish on both ends of the floor. Deng is a good player too, too bad it sounds too good to be true
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 pm

chalmers is gone so this isnt happening
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby JamrockLakaFan on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Kirk
Kobe
Deng
Gasol
Bynum

wow and Fisher now off the bench

Welcome to JamRock
Camp Weh Di Thugs Dem Camp at
2 Pound A Weed Inna Van Back :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

1 Good Thing About Music When It Hits U Feel no Pain
JamrockLakaFan

Postby SmoothOperator on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

JamrockLakaFan wrote:Kirk
Kobe
Deng
Gasol
Bynum

wow and Fisher now off the bench

Wow.......... and I thought a team like that could only be constructed in nba live lol
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
SmoothOperator

Postby last stand on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 pm

i dont think there is any way contracts would work in that situation

deng will sign about 8 million a year

hinrich is at about 10 million a year

odom is only at 14 million and chris mihm is at 2 million

also they just drafted derrick rose wouldn't they want to build around a core of deng and rose
last stand

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:01 pm

imo, a deal with odom and hinrich as the principals makes a lot of sense for both teams. think deng/hinrich is super pipe, though. no way they do that.

my idea last week was odom/farmar for hinrich/noah. but if they wanted walton or radmanovic, i'd gladly take nocioni instead of noah.

either way, hinrich is definitely a triangle guard. very solid defender, good spot up shot, good size, smart player.
abeer3

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

MadMax wrote:Taking every trade rumor with a grain of salt. Very small salt.
Chicano

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:06 pm

I would trade them Luke Walton and Lamar Odom for Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni. Otherwise not much else I'd do. The reason I'd do that trade is I expect Nocioni to be the equivalent of Odom in effectiveness at SF without too much trouble and at PG an upgrade plus dropping Luke Walton's contract. It gives Chicago an extra 13m in cap room in the all important 2010 year and clears their space at PG. They do take salary back but not too much. The Lakers get rid of more salary then they take in thus giving them the ability to re-sign Vujajic to a good deal, plus providing them with a capable SF instead of Luke Walton.
They will also now have the option of moving pieces to acquire Ron Artest such as Farmar, Ariza, and Mihm in addition to maybe an expiring the Bulls can toss in.
Jajwa

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Jajwa wrote:I would trade them Luke Walton and Lamar Odom for Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni.
You would, but would Mitch? That remains to be seen.
Chicano

Postby Jajwa on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:13 pm

Probably not, it's unfortunate really since it would basically make major use out of the 5m a year we give Walton and would thus allow us to make a major move for a free agent this year.

I adjusted the trade.

The Lakers send Charlotte's 2nd next year+ Lamar Odom+ Luke Walton (19m) to Chicago for Hinrich+Nocioni+Cedric Simmons (19m or so).

The Lakers then send Farmar+Ariza+Mihm+Simmons (7.5m in salaries for Ron Artest) and promptly sign him to a reasonable extension that begins around 8m going up eventually to 11m. With Artest at the backup 2 and Nocioni available at the 3 the need for Vujajic to come back decreases.

So not only do you have Ron Artest as well as Kirk Hinrich but also Andres Nocioni signed to a reasonable deal instead of Luke Walton, no fit Lamar Odom, and Jordan no defense Farmar.
Jajwa

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:08 am

Jajwa wrote:I would trade them Luke Walton and Lamar Odom for Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni. Otherwise not much else I'd do. The reason I'd do that trade is I expect Nocioni to be the equivalent of Odom in effectiveness at SF without too much trouble and at PG an upgrade plus dropping Luke Walton's contract. It gives Chicago an extra 13m in cap room in the all important 2010 year and clears their space at PG. They do take salary back but not too much. The Lakers get rid of more salary then they take in thus giving them the ability to re-sign Vujajic to a good deal, plus providing them with a capable SF instead of Luke Walton.
They will also now have the option of moving pieces to acquire Ron Artest such as Farmar, Ariza, and Mihm in addition to maybe an expiring the Bulls can toss in.

I think Nocioni would be a more effective sf for the way this team is currently constructed than Odom. Odom is a better player, don't get me wrong. But Nocioni is a better defender and a better outside shooter (even though he shot poorly last year).

As to the trade by the original poster, Deng and Hinrich? Cmon. Deng is pipe. Nocioni I could see giving up, but I'm guessing Deng is a player they will want to put with Rose since he's only 23 or so.
Savory Griddles

Postby Savage1 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 am

Weezy wrote:Odom/Farmar/Walton for Hinrich/Deng, too good to be true, no way Deng's stock dropped that much in a year. Last time they wouldn't even give him up for Kobe.

My thoughts exaclty. I would be very interested, but it's one of those deals where we would have to throw in picks, and unless we're talking about picks in 2014 and beyond, that package doesn't seem to make sense from CHI's perspective.
Savage1

Postby Radner on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:17 pm

I wonder what the Bulls are asking for in exchange of Hinrich.
Radner

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Radner wrote:I wonder what the Bulls are asking for in exchange of Hinrich.

Gotta be expiring contracts. They don't want to pay him the rest of that contract. Not sure what else they could even get considering his down year last season.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Radner on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Radner wrote:I wonder what the Bulls are asking for in exchange of Hinrich.

Gotta be expiring contracts. They don't want to pay him the rest of that contract. Not sure what else they could even get considering his down year last season.

Yeah but if we could somehow get Hinrich without trading Lamar, I would be somewhat content with the roster.

As much as I like Sasha and Ronny, I wouldn't mind trading one of those guys + others for Hinrich.
Radner

Postby Perfecto on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:48 pm

I could see why Chicago wants LO and Farmar.

Odom is the big exp., so along with Gooden and others, about 23 million will come of their cap next season.

And Farmar is a great point guard to give Rose some rest.

They also don't want to sign Deng to a long term deal with huge money, and they are trying to keep Kirk.

Please Lakers, DO IT! :mhihi:
The Perfecto O Damns! Alba l Cuthbert l Beckinsale l Spears
Johansson l Rihanna l Panettiere l Baird l Cassie l Tweedy
Perfecto

Postby Laker Jam on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:09 pm

The Maverick wrote:

Correction: Kobe refused to go if Deng was included (which he was). What Chicago wasn't willing to do was to give up everything to get Kobe, that's a big difference from being unwilling to give up Deng.
Laker Jam

Postby indeed on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Laker Jam wrote:
The Maverick wrote:

Correction: Kobe refused to go if Deng was included (which he was). What Chicago wasn't willing to do was to give up everything to get Kobe, that's a big difference from being unwilling to give up Deng.

says who? you?
indeed

Postby Podium on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:15 pm

last stand wrote:i dont think there is any way contracts would work in that situation

deng will sign about 8 million a year

hinrich is at about 10 million a year

odom is only at 14 million and chris mihm is at 2 million

also they just drafted derrick rose wouldn't they want to build around a core of deng and rose

If Deng is at 8.5 or 9, he'll be BYC meaning he counts as 4 outgoing for Chicago.

Assuming 8.5 then:

Deng's 4.25 plus Hinrich's 10.25 is 14.5.

Odom's 14.3 plus Mihm's 2.5 plus Farmar's 1 is 17.8.

14.5*1.25=18, meaning the deal works for them.

For the Lakers, they'll be taking in 20.75, while sending out 17.8.

17.8*1.25 is 22.

In conclusion, the deal works assuming Deng at that salary, and it can even be a little higher than that.

I'm not sure what the update is on the situation, but they couldn't come to an agreement with Deng on a contract extension prior to the year and if he refused to sign an extension and played out his qualifying offer, then they could potentially lose him to unrestricted free agency next offseason.

As things stand now, if they did this deal, they'd be at about a max slot next season -- obviously would change based on other trades, free agency, and if they signed Gordon to an extension.

Not saying the rumor is true, just that its not absurd.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Jajwa on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Hinrich likely could be had for minimal picks (2nds) and a true expiring contract. That's what makes acquiring a very good SF and a PG possible. However to purely get Hinrich without Odom involved it would take:

- Ariza+Mihm+Farmar (6.6m) and likely another small deal.

That's why it's difficult...

- On the other hand there is a chance that we could do a three way deal in which we send out Radmanovich (one year shorter contract plus a little less cash) and Farmar with the latter going towards a third team who sends a big man likely from this year's draft to Chicago. We would likely also receive a bit more in this but not too much more.

The more and more Mitch sits down and observes he'll see that dealing Odom is the single best way for the Lakers to open up options for themselves and manage the payroll.

- Odom+Walton for Hinrich+Nocioni+Simmons is my favorite trade because it gives us good depth at the SF spot with an Ariza/Nocioni platoon moving Radmanovic to third-string PF or possibly moved completely in a trade for a backup C.

- It also allows you to deal Farmar+Mihm+Simmons+Ariza in a deal for Ron Artest if you so please. Otherwise you can possibly get another SF for a reasonable price or do the smart thing and stand pat with a fantastic PG core that has a little bit of everything.

All I know is that mid-season if you need to you have the pieces to make another trade and if Artest doesn't work, there are other options that can work in our favor.

- I also think that Sun Yue will soon make the trip over considering that he has the tools and the make up to be a capable facilitating small forward on this team at 6-9. I think he can put on 10lbs of muscle to be a 6-9, 215-220 player and with his ball handling, shooting, and relatively good speed in time he'd be a good SF.

Personally I like this roster:

PG - Hinrich, Farmar, Fisher
SG- Bryant, Vujajic, Crawford
SF- Nocioni, Ariza, Yue
PF- Gasol, Turiaf, Radmanovic
C- Bynum, Mihm, (Kwame maybe)
Jajwa

Return to Sourced Rumors