KG deal is Dead. What now?

KG deal is Dead. What now?

Postby Lex Luther on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 pm

http://www.probasketballnews.com/pbnbrkng_062607.html

I think it is wrong to blame mitch for this one. Bynum and Odom for KG is absolutely fair. We are even willing to throw in the 19th pick in the deepest draft ever. But McHale is a Laker hater in the same form as Rick Bucher, Julius Erving, and everyone who is from New York but lives in LA. The guy overpaid Tom Gugliotta just so we wouldnt get him. And it bit him in the a$$- deservingly so. I don't understand how this guy still has a job.

So whats next?

Kwame and 19 for Mo Williams (signed at $8 mil a year?)

Bynum and Kwame for Pierce (he will demand a trade, since everyone else is)

Kwame for jamal Crawford

Bynum and change for Gasol (its funny how it would only take Bynum to get Gasol but Indy wants Odom and Bynum for JO. Is JO even more valuable than Gasol, I wonder).

Earl Boykins for the MLE to back up Farmar. (whens the last time we had a good bench player?)

It probably is for the best. If we did the KG trade, we'd be starting Farmar at 1 and Mihm at 5. It would take some creative managing to fix that, and Mitch doesn't have a cell in his brain. Maybe we should get Magic to run the team, or Michael Bloomberg. But I don't blame Mitch for this one- this one is all McHale. He has a reputation to uphold.
Lex Luther

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Damn... :bang:

And I've personally embarrassed myself to boot. While talking to my brother yesterday, I quoted whoever McDonnell interviewed last night. The guy who claimed that people inside the NBA headquarters were spotted slapping fives because the Lakers "landed" Garnett.

My brother told me not to fall victim to rumors and gossip, and he told me that he won't even crack a smile until all is done and official. Thanks to Mychal Thompson, Vic the brick, and McDonnell's guest, they all combined forces to convince me that the deal was etched in stone.

Guess not. No Garnett + my embarrassment = :man6:
Lakeshow24

Re: KG deal is Dead. What now?

Postby Poppy Hillis on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Lex Luther wrote:http://www.probasketballnews.com/pbnbrkng_062607.html
deservingly so.

Deservedly.
Poppy Hillis

Postby Abnormal on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 pm

It is Not over yet, I am sure Mitch is on the phone now trying to get the picks and pieces from Boston, Atl they both Have pieces we can use and both made it clear there looking to move those pieces.
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed ... MJ#23

www.Bestqualityinsurance.com

Bynum/Mihm/DJ
Pau/Ronnie/Vlad
Lo/Ariza/luke
Kobe/Karl
Sasha/Fisher/Farmar
Abnormal

Postby alex58 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 pm

[quote="Abnormal"]It is Not over yet, I am sure Mitch is on the phone now trying to get the picks and pieces from Boston, Atl they both Have pieces we can use and both made it clear there looking to move those pieces.[/quote

and even if its over, at least the FO did their best, there are too many other ways that we can improve the team with.
Let's stick with the team, and tomorrow will bring back what all the lakers fan are missing.
Let's have hope and be always loyal.
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby Lex Luther on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:55 pm

alex58 wrote:
Abnormal wrote:It is Not over yet, I am sure Mitch is on the phone now trying to get the picks and pieces from Boston, Atl they both Have pieces we can use and both made it clear there looking to move those pieces.[/quote

and even if its over, at least the FO did their best, there are too many other ways that we can improve the team with.
Let's stick with the team, and tomorrow will bring back what all the lakers fan are missing.

Id agree but the problem with that is that Kobe has jacked that idea. So what if we go with Bynum and Odom to start the year. Lets see how Bynum plays. Guarantee if he has a first month like he did last year, he wouldnt be considered the "throw in" that minny and indy tries to act like he is. But nooooooooo....the team has to massage Kobes ego, they have to give in to his demands so he can feel good and powerful about himself. This is why I think that Kobe isnt worth it. I truly believe that he is the best player in the NBA. He can go for 50 any night and nobody hits ridiculous shots or game winners the way he does (Lebron who?). But after the Shaq fights, the rape fiasco (I think it was a lie but that doesnt dismiss the fact that he was an idiot to put himself in that position), the loss to Detroit in the finals (Prince made Kobe look like Flip Murray), the Malone junk about his wife, this amateur video, the repeated trade demands, Ric Bucher, and whatever else is to come- guaranteed it is something- Im sick of this guy and I just wish we could start over. New team. New GM. Id rather have a mediocre team that I like than a good team that I dont. Im a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I think we all are, just some of us have been confused by his skills.

REAL LAKERS:

Magic Johnson
Kurt Rambis
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor (Clips job doesnt help, but who can blame him)
Pat Riley
Eddie Jones
Derek Fisher
Chick Hearn (obviously, this list isnt ranked by importance)
Stu Lantz
James Worthy
Byron Scott
Ronny Turiaf (hopefully)

Even if these guys played somewhere else, they'll always be remembered as Lakers. Kobe doesnt seem to want that.

Feel free to add to the list. Or subtract- i dare u.
Lex Luther

Postby sm61893 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:32 am

Ronny Turiaf-

Come on why is he on the list. He has only been there a few years just because a guy comes back from a health problem does not make them a true LAKER.

I would put Brian Shaw on that list.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby tomaslerma on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:01 pm

add a.c. green to that list of true lakers....

first and foremost , i've been a lifelong laker fan....... the name on the front of the jersey says lakers, the name on the back says bryant. get him out already. he's unhappy no matter what, even w/ kg or jo. it makes no sense to trade bynum when all thats gonna happen is kb24 is gonna split no matter what. kg would just make us cash strapt for the next few years if we did that and we wouldn't b gaining any chance at a title. with money to spare finally, the lakers were in a good position until kb24 stirred the pot. trade him and rebuild w/ odom/walton/bynum........ we could get plenty for him out there and we don't sacrafice out future.....
tomaslerma

Postby Lex Luther on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:08 pm

tomaslerma wrote:add a.c. green to that list of true lakers....

first and foremost , i've been a lifelong laker fan....... the name on the front of the jersey says lakers, the name on the back says bryant. get him out already. he's unhappy no matter what, even w/ kg or jo. it makes no sense to trade bynum when all thats gonna happen is kb24 is gonna split no matter what. kg would just make us cash strapt for the next few years if we did that and we wouldn't b gaining any chance at a title. with money to spare finally, the lakers were in a good position until kb24 stirred the pot. trade him and rebuild w/ odom/walton/bynum........ we could get plenty for him out there and we don't sacrafice out future.....

I thought about putting AC on the list, but AC is the only Laker in the history of the franchise who was offered more money to stay a Laker and bolted. Why? Because he said he wanted to play for a winner. Sound familiar? He signed with Phoenix after Magic retired- despite the 3+ championships LA handed to him. Lakers were in a rebuilding mode with Vlade, Sedalle, Christie, Peeler, etc...and AC turned his back on us. I was revolted when we gave him that cushy job of being Shaq's wingman and handed him yet another championship. He didnt deserve it. AC Green is not a true Laker.
Lex Luther

Postby tatolopez on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:18 pm

Lex Luther wrote:
alex58 wrote:
Abnormal wrote:It is Not over yet, I am sure Mitch is on the phone now trying to get the picks and pieces from Boston, Atl they both Have pieces we can use and both made it clear there looking to move those pieces.[/quote

Id agree but the problem with that is that Kobe has jacked that idea. So what if we go with Bynum and Odom to start the year. Lets see how Bynum plays. Guarantee if he has a first month like he did last year, he wouldnt be considered the "throw in" that minny and indy tries to act like he is. But nooooooooo....the team has to massage Kobes ego, they have to give in to his demands so he can feel good and powerful about himself. This is why I think that Kobe isnt worth it. I truly believe that he is the best player in the NBA. He can go for 50 any night and nobody hits ridiculous shots or game winners the way he does (Lebron who?). But after the Shaq fights, the rape fiasco (I think it was a lie but that doesnt dismiss the fact that he was an idiot to put himself in that position), the loss to Detroit in the finals (Prince made Kobe look like Flip Murray), the Malone junk about his wife, this amateur video, the repeated trade demands, Ric Bucher, and whatever else is to come- guaranteed it is something- Im sick of this guy and I just wish we could start over. New team. New GM. Id rather have a mediocre team that I like than a good team that I dont. Im a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I think we all are, just some of us have been confused by his skills.

REAL LAKERS:

Magic Johnson
Kurt Rambis
Jerry West
Pat Riley
Eddie Jones
Derek Fisher
Stu Lantz
James Worthy
Byron Scott
Ronny Turiaf (hopefully)

Even if these guys played somewhere else, they'll always be remembered as Lakers. Kobe doesnt seem to want that.

totally agree with you

I have been a kobe supporter for all these years. In every .... moment
And I understand its all about the money and kobe has right about the team organization.

but

the fact is kobe doesnt respet the fans
and im very sad.
Im a lakersforlife

If kobe go to other team. Well, for me
He will be the enemy
tatolopez

Postby rocsci on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:17 pm

REAL LAKERS:

Magic Johnson
Kurt Rambis
Jerry West
Pat Riley
Eddie Jones
Derek Fisher
Stu Lantz
James Worthy
Byron Scott
Ronny Turiaf (hopefully)

How can you forget Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! or Wilt the Stilt!
"Tip to Magic, Worthy dives on his belly, Magic Scores!"-Chick Hearn
rocsci

Postby Wino on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:40 pm

What now???

Start thinking about how we can retool by trading Kobe I guess!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
The mustard's off the hotdog!!
Wino

Postby Lex Luther on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:54 pm

rocsci wrote:REAL LAKERS:

Magic Johnson
Kurt Rambis
Jerry West
Pat Riley
Eddie Jones
Derek Fisher
Stu Lantz
James Worthy
Byron Scott
Ronny Turiaf (hopefully)

How can you forget Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! or Wilt the Stilt!

I thought about both, but to me, Kareem will always be a UCLA Bruin first, and Wilt had way more success everywhere else he played (even the Globetrotters).
Lex Luther

Postby sm61893 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:46 pm

So what if you are going to put Turiaf and D Fish on the list then, AC, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaw belong on it as well.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby Lex Luther on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 pm

sm61893 wrote:So what if you are going to put Turiaf and D Fish on the list then, AC, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaw belong on it as well.

Id put Nick the Quick on that list before id put Brian Shaw. Shaw isnt even close.
Lex Luther

Postby sm61893 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:46 pm

And yet Turiaf is?
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby Lex Luther on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:07 pm

sm61893 wrote:And yet Turiaf is?
\

I said (hopefully). Turiaf is a workhorse, a solid player, a guy who overcame a heart operation to play that same season, and he has never complained about one thing. He always has something good to say about the Lakers. He could start for us and even Kobe wouldnt complain.

You show me a Laker fan who doesn't like Turiaf, and I'll show you someone pretending to be a Laker fan.

Its too bad we dont have 4 Turiafs and Kobe playing. If I were Minny, Id insist the Lakers include him. Thats probably what killed the deal.

My dream lineup

Barbosa
Iverson
Balkman
Turiaf
Birdman

Thats a team that runsssssssssssssssssss
Lex Luther

Postby kickit on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 am

I think it is wrong to blame mitch for this one. Bynum and Odom for KG is absolutely fair. We are even willing to throw in the 19th pick in the deepest draft ever. But McHale is a Laker hater in the same form as Rick Bucher, Julius Erving, and everyone who is from New York but lives in LA. The guy overpaid Tom Gugliotta just so we wouldnt get him. And it bit him in the a$$- deservingly so. I don't understand how this guy still has a job.

So whats next?

Kwame for jamal Crawford

Bynum and change for Gasol (its funny how it would only take Bynum to get Gasol but Indy wants Odom and Bynum for JO. Is JO even more valuable than Gasol, I wonder).

Earl Boykins for the MLE to back up Farmar. (whens the last time we had a good bench player?)

It probably is for the best. If we did the KG trade, we'd be starting Farmar at 1 and Mihm at 5. It would take some creative managing to fix that, and Mitch doesn't have a cell in his brain. Maybe we should get Magic to run the team, or Michael Bloomberg. But I don't blame Mitch for this one- this one is all McHale. He has a reputation to uphold.

Have any of you looked at O'Neals stats over the last three years ?

This was a post over on the Indiana Pacers forum that pretty much sums up everything that we Laker fans are not looking at.

Lack of Respect for Jermaine O’Neal

These trade negoatiations have to be a reality check for Jermaine and all you who put him in that “Superstar” status. No one wants to give proper market value to a player that has only played in 66% of his teams games the past 3 seasons (164 out of 246), Averaged 21.2 pts and shot 45% from the floor the past 3 seasons, 9.2 rebounds per game and 2.3 blocks per game. Jermaine has also been an All Star the past 3 years….

So why no love for The Indiana Pacers franchise player?

Well there are 10 years and 683 games not to mention shoulder and knee injuries. Add that upon playing straight through 3 summers recently and the wear and tear is really coming to the front. No team in its right mind will give you the keys to a city for the 63 million Jermaine is still owned on his contract. How many of your really think he would choose to opt out and lose $40 million or so more dollars for the risk of signing with another “contender”? Ask Karl Malone and Gary Payton if that happened when they signed with the Lakers.

Whats really happining is that teams are now starting to see O’Neal for the player he is now, compared to what he was 3 years ago. He’s afraid to take the ball to the basket with any ferocity (Shoulder injury vs Detroit), He doesn’t jump as well as he used to and has more of his shots blocked around the basket then ever before. Settles for 15 to 20 foot fade-a –way jumpers that effectively limit his and his teammates second chance baskets. One other thing was that we had a coach who tried to over compensate to Jermaine because Jermaine had a “relationship” with former Pacers coach Isiah Thomas. Rick Carlisle from the day he stepped through the doors at Conseco was behind the 8 ball because of Jermaine O’Neal, but in spite of that won 61 games his first season here. In the process over the next couple of years due to that overcompensation of the offense to O’Neal, Carlisle neglected other players on the squad causing distrust and “bad culture”. Hence the Ron Artest sage….Artest wasn’t nuts, he just wanted to have more plays drawn up for him and for Larry Bird to quit peddling him to other teams with regular phone calls.

Screwing Artest around as the Pacers did made the Pacers hold on to Ron longer then the should have because of guilt in the front offices. The Pacers knew they had a talented player, but they had just given their other talented player a multiyear 125 million dollar contract. Hey the old slogan is “The contract plays” and in a small NBA market such as Indiana, it’s never been more true.

So now the Pacers , not desperately mind you, are trying to trade their 10 year “franchise” player. Yet teams like the woefull Celtics don’t want O’Neal (don’t believe what you hear about O’Neal not wanting to go to Boston, he has 63 million reasons to go if traded). The Lakers don’t want to give you market value for the above stats I put in at the beginning.

Lets Look at Lamar Odoms and Andrew Bynums stats over the last 3 years.

Odom has played in 81% of his teams games the past three years (200-246). Averaged 15.3 and shot 47% from the floor. Grabbed 7.6 rebounds per game and had a 4.6 assist average.

Bynum played in 78% of the Lakers games his first two seasons. Averaged 5.6 points per game and shot 53% from the floor. Grabbed 4.4 rebounds and shot 62% from the free throw line.

The Lakers are trying to hold the Pacers up, by not wanting to include Bynum…Which the Pacers have told them that get us a top 10 draft pick and you can keep him. The Lakers by not having other tradeable commodities wouldn’t be able to do that and still keep Odom in the package.

In closing, the Lakers have to do this trade, because the wells are drying up very quickly around the NBA. The GM’s around the league are not going to make the Lakers major players willingly. Its going to take some actual work on Mitch Kupchaks and Jim Buss’s part now. Jerry Buss has stepped in and stepped up in front of Kobe and told him that he will fix the problem…Which tells me and the rest of the NBA how much confidence he has in his son and Kupchack to get this deal (with the Pacers) done. Losing Kobe effectively makes this franchise almost expansion like.

The deal will have to be completed by July 1st as that is when O’neals salary goes up a million dollars or so, which will add a new dynamic to the trade.

The clock is ticking and the Lakers are on it…….What to do, what to do ?????
kickit

smokin

Postby Argomike on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:36 am

I swear to god sometimes I read this stuff and I think y'all are smoking crack.

Kwame for jamal crawford?
Kwame and #19 for Mo Williams?

I just threw up in my mouth.

How about this one:

Kwame and Odom for Raef LeFrentz and a bag of used jock straps.
Argomike

Re: smokin

Postby Lex Luther on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Argomike wrote:I swear to god sometimes I read this stuff and I think y'all are smoking crack.

Kwame for jamal crawford?
Kwame and #19 for Mo Williams?

I just threw up in my mouth.

How about this one:

Kwame and Odom for Raef LeFrentz and a bag of used jock straps.

Are you saying it is unfair for the Lakers to give up Kwame? THe reason those are possible, in the same sense as JRich for the #8 pick, is cuz Mo is a free agent and Isiah runs the Knicks.

How did your dinner taste for the second time?
Lex Luther

Postby SashKa_LA_2000 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

It isn't dead, it just ain't breathing !
SashKa_LA_2000

Postby mpresev on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm

add Ron Harper and RObert Horry

Lex Luther wrote:
alex58 wrote:

REAL LAKERS:

Magic Johnson
Kurt Rambis
Jerry West
Pat Riley
Eddie Jones
Derek Fisher
Stu Lantz
James Worthy
Byron Scott
Ronny Turiaf (hopefully)

"I smoke but do not inhale"
mpresev

it was better

Postby Argomike on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 pm

i'm saying that expiring contract can be used for more than Mo Williams. Plus the #19...ugh
Argomike

HOW TO BUILD A DYNASTY FOR DUMMIES

Postby cooleo24 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 pm

MAn, i think the lakers have to build a team that can win champions.

these are just in my opinion that makes a championship contender.

1) two superstars, Dynamic Duo/ ex. (magic,Kareem)(Shaq,Wade),( KOBE,SHAQ) ,(jerry,wilt),(michael,pippen), (Duncan,Robinson),(Duncan, PArker)

2)weapons, veterans w/t expirience/ex. Robert H, Fisher.Antoine W, Brent B, players who can hit the dagger and bring a spark off the bench.

3) teams Defender/ex. BEN Wallace,Bruce Bowen, Rick FOx(in the days), Doug Christy, Dikembe,"ZO",

4) Dedicated Coach/ ex. PAT Riley, PHIL JACKSON,LARRY BROWN(BECAUSE HE HAS EXPIRIENCE), RED ,

5) Optional/ great young talent/ ill find examples later
cooleo24

Postby MiraculousComeback on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:47 pm

So whats next?

Kwame for jamal Crawford

Bynum and Odom for Jermaine may be risky because Bynum COULD develop, but we are not in a position to avoid taking at least a little gamble!!
MiraculousComeback

Return to Sourced Rumors