ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:12 am

Pump UP the VOLUME wrote:This would be a terrible trade. You give up an experienced matchup nightmare, rebounding machine like Odom for Blount and Haslem and the #2 pick.

We are already one of the youngest teams in the league and have had enough projects over the last couple of years. Stick to the guy that just helped us get to the NBA finals in Lamar Odom. He is a vet in his prime and has now gone through the battles of getting to the finals. That combo of skill and now finals experience is priceless!!!!

Very shortsighted opinion.

LO at the 3 neutralizes much of his rebounding opportunities. Additionally, when was the last time we had a near-allstar, super versatile player with a $14M expiring contract?? That's GOLD in the NBA. LO has had his chance here. He'd be fine at the 4, but we have Pau, so with AB coming back, LO either starts at 3 or...rides the pine. There's NO WAY IN HELL Buss, or any other team owner, will pay someone $14M/year to come off the bench.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Radner on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:13 am

Psychobroker wrote:
Radner wrote:Shouldn't we be getting more than Lee back?

I would personally look at trading the #2 along with Vlad or Luke to Memphis for Miller and their #5 and then draft Mayo if he's still available.

Memphis wants to SHED long-term contracts, not bring them in. No way they take Luke or Vlad. I'd even bet they'll be trading their rights to Marc instead of keeping him.

Notice that #2 is being traded along with Vlad or Luke. :man1:

Considering Memphis would want Beasley, they would probably take back a bad contract.
Radner

Postby GinoDB on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 am

Psychobroker wrote:
Pump UP the VOLUME wrote:This would be a terrible trade. You give up an experienced matchup nightmare, rebounding machine like Odom for Blount and Haslem and the #2 pick.

We are already one of the youngest teams in the league and have had enough projects over the last couple of years. Stick to the guy that just helped us get to the NBA finals in Lamar Odom. He is a vet in his prime and has now gone through the battles of getting to the finals. That combo of skill and now finals experience is priceless!!!!

LO at the 3 neutralizes much of his rebounding opportunities. Additionally, when was the last time we had a near-allstar, super versatile player with a $14M expiring contract?? That's GOLD in the NBA. LO has had his chance here. He'd be fine at the 4, but we have Pau, so with AB coming back, LO either starts at 3 or...rides the pine. There's NO WAY IN HELL Buss, or any other team owner, will pay someone $14M/year to come off the bench.

cept for the Knicks of course :mhihi: they pay Marbury $18M to do nothing
GinoDB

Postby JoeHeff on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 pm

GinoDB wrote:cept for the Knicks of course :mhihi: they pay Marbury $18M to do nothing

well yeah, but 2 words to sum that up... Isaiah. Thomas.
JoeHeff

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 pm

GinoDB wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:

cept for the Knicks of course :mhihi: they pay Marbury $18M to do nothing

touche! :mhihi:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm

I honestly think this 3 team deal really gives some teams what they want.

Miami trades Haslem, Blount and the #2 pick
Miami receives Odom, Walton and the #5 pick

Memphis trades Mike Miller and the #5 pick
Memphis receives Mark Blount and the #2 pick

Lakers trade Odom and Walton
Lakers receive Mike Miller and Haslem

Miami trades 2 contracts they don't want. They move down in the draft, but remain in the top 5 (something they've actively been trying to do) and get Lamar Odom to pair with Wade and Marion (or whatever they get for Marion). The only downside is they have to take on Walton's contract which isn't a killer when you consider they don't have the glut of sfs we have on this team. 4.5 million for a backup sf isn't HORRIBLE. It is for us because we happen to have 3 backup sfs right now. Miami could draft Lopez and run out a lineup of

Lopez
Odom
Marion
Wade
?

Memphis trades one 2 year contract for another that actually costs them less (good for Memphis) and they get to draft Beasley. Memphis is the clear winner in this trade, IMO. Connelly/Beasley/Gay is great young trio to build around.

Lakers unload Walton's contract and get the dead-eye 3 point shooting sf they need. They also get a rugged pf they can trade or hold onto to replace Turiaf.

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar
Savory Griddles

Postby shoe on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:I honestly think this 3 team deal really gives some teams what they want.

Miami trades 2 contracts they don't want. They move down in the draft, but remain in the top 5 (something they've actively been trying to do) and get Lamar Odom to pair with Wade and Marion (or whatever they get for Marion). The only downside is they have to take on Walton's contract which isn't a killer when you consider they don't have the glut of sfs we have on this team. 4.5 million for a backup sf isn't HORRIBLE. It is for us because we happen to have 3 backup sfs right now. Miami could draft Lopez and run out a lineup of

Lopez
Odom
Marion
Wade
?

Memphis trades one 2 year contract for another that actually costs them less (good for Memphis) and they get to draft Beasley. Memphis is the clear winner in this trade, IMO. Connelly/Beasley/Gay is great young trio to build around.

Lakers unload Walton's contract and get the dead-eye 3 point shooting sf they need. They also get a rugged pf they can trade or hold onto to replace Turiaf.

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar

i actually like that trade

mike milllers a dead eye three point shooter and we add some toughness with haslem - who can also hit the mid range shot consistantly
shoe

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:29 pm

shoe wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:I honestly think this 3 team deal really gives some teams what they want.

Lopez
Odom
Marion
Wade
?

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar

i actually like that trade

mike milllers a dead eye three point shooter and we add some toughness with haslem - who can also hit the mid range shot consistantly

I'd be more than happy with this.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 81Kobe on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:33 pm

dvdrdiscs wrote:Does Riley love Odom that much? The only way this is feasible is if Riley is seriously wanting to clear capspace to sign Brand next year. Brand wants Miami and Miami wants Brand. But does Riley feel Brand next year will be better than anybody he can get at #2 in the draft this year?

Aside from Rose and Beasley, it doesn't seem like theres anyone in this years draft that can make an impact immediately. Riley does not seem to covet Beasley either and Rose seems to duplicate what Wade does. Hence it is possible BUT there are plenty of teams out there that can offer a better package. And on top of that, we get Haslem? Blount I can understand but Haslem is far from just a throw in player.

It works financially for the Lakers, particularly if they think Ariza iis the starter, with Walton coming off the bench,or Sasha playing the 2 and Kobe moving to the 3.
81Kobe

Postby leakbrewergator on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Lopez
Odom
Marion
Wade
?

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar

Plus we'll be gettin two Gators :jam2:

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby last stand on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:59 pm

three way trade

LA sends

lamar
chris mihm

miami sends
haslem
#2 pick
shawn marion

memphis sends
mike miller
#5 pick
kyle lowry
brian cardinal

LA recieves
#2 pick
udonis haslem
brian cardinal
#5 pick

miami recieves
mike miller
lamar odom
kyle lowry

memphis recieves
chris mihm
shawn marion 16 million expiring
last stand

Postby killacam on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Radner wrote:
The Greatest wrote:i dont think beasley fits on this team hes a back to the basket cant really spread the floor for you and our 4 and 5 options are pretty stacked with gasol and bynum but you know who could spread the floor for you kobe bryant at the 3 and you know who you can slot at the two my boy the Trojan The Mr. OJ MAYO he will be a superstar in this league and he can create his own shot in the nba he is probably the most complete player in this draft who can literally walk onto any nba team n start i take mayo #2 or try to trade with minny or seattle move to #3 or #4 and hope mayo falls a lil i think seattle really wants beasley he fits right into the 4 wit them wit durant at 3 and green at 2 seattles 2,3,4 would be set for the next decade

Mayo is probably who we would take. I would be ecstatic to get him.

A legit point for the Lakers :jam2:

shoots too much to be our point
killacam

Postby Amongst:Kings on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm

last stand wrote:three way trade

LA sends

lamar
chris mihm

miami sends
haslem
#2 pick
shawn marion

memphis sends
mike miller
#5 pick
kyle lowry
brian cardinal

LA recieves
#2 pick
udonis haslem
brian cardinal
#5 pick

miami recieves
mike miller
lamar odom
kyle lowry

memphis recieves
chris mihm

Bro, you are the most unrealistic person ever..

So we turn an underacheiving tweener PF into a 2nd pick, 5th pick, tough two way PF and bad contract? Hahaha, wow. I notice all your posts involve some crazy trade proposal, this is not NBA Live homie.
Amongst:Kings

Postby last stand on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Amongst:Kings wrote:

LA sends

lamar
chris mihm

miami sends
haslem
#2 pick
shawn marion

memphis sends
mike miller
#5 pick
kyle lowry
brian cardinal

LA recieves
#2 pick
udonis haslem
brian cardinal
#5 pick

miami recieves
mike miller
lamar odom
kyle lowry

memphis recieves
chris mihm

Bro, you are the most unrealistic person ever..

So we turn an underacheiving tweener PF into a 2nd pick, 5th pick, tough two way PF and bad contract? Hahaha, wow. I notice all your posts involve some crazy trade proposal, this is not NBA Live homie.

bro i dont come to a joke section of this forum "trade rumors" to be serious

i save my serious analysis for the real part of the website laker discussion

in trade rumors i can dream

aint nothing wrong with that
last stand

Postby chiragronvelia on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:23 pm

last stand wrote:
Amongst:Kings wrote:

LA sends

lamar
chris mihm

miami sends
haslem
#2 pick
shawn marion

memphis sends
mike miller
#5 pick
kyle lowry
brian cardinal

LA recieves
#2 pick
udonis haslem
brian cardinal
#5 pick

miami recieves
mike miller
lamar odom
kyle lowry

memphis recieves
chris mihm

We already are young and we dont need to get younger with 2 draft picks.
chiragronvelia

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 pm

last stand wrote:bro i dont come to a joke section of this forum "trade rumors" to be serious

Just a FYI, all trade related topics are now discussed in LTR.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby last stand on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm

JSM wrote:
last stand wrote:bro i dont come to a joke section of this forum "trade rumors" to be serious

Just a FYI, all trade related topics are now discussed in LTR.

didn't know that

i thought it was still where

the lamar for lebron trades resided
last stand

Postby lotus on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar

Griddles, that's a nice breakdown, well thought out. For some reason though, I don't like that final lineup. It still seems like we have too much weakness.

The PG position does not look too good. I don't think Fisher will be able to duplicate his performance this year. And in truth, he wasn't able to really close out the playoff/Finals. And I don't think Farmar, even if he improved, can be that solid because of his lack in size.

And Mihm is just a major liability. He'll be in foul trouble within minutes. I guess Gasol would end up backing up Bynum.

The SF position is not too bad, but does Miller have good defense?

The SG position is good.

I guess we will need a better bench because we could use more toughness and a seasoned vet or 2.
lotus

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm

lotus wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:

Bynum/Mihm
Gasol/Haslem/Radman
Miller/Ariza/Radman
Kobe/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar

Griddles, that's a nice breakdown, well thought out. For some reason though, I don't like that final lineup. It still seems like we have too much weakness.

The PG position does not look too good. I don't think Fisher will be able to duplicate his performance this year. And in truth, he wasn't able to really close out the playoff/Finals. And I don't think Farmar, even if he improved, can be that solid because of his lack in size.

And Mihm is just a major liability. He'll be in foul trouble within minutes. I guess Gasol would end up backing up Bynum.

The SF position is not too bad, but does Miller have good defense?

The SG position is good.

I guess we will need a better bench because we could use more toughness and a seasoned vet or 2.

I understand the concerns at pg. I have them too. In fact, the easiest trade that works under the cap and gives us a great deal of toughness and defense is Odom for Nocioni and Hinrich IF Chicago picks Rose (which all indications are they will). Chicago at that point will want to shed salary and they would have two backups (Noc behind Deng and Hinrich behind rose) making too much. Mihm I just threw in there at center. Honestly, I wouldn't mind bringing in Kwame for about 3 million a year to backup Bynum. With Haslem on the roster, Pau can easily slide over to center while Bynum sits and we keep rolling.
Savory Griddles

Postby Kingsama on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:13 pm

if Mitchell gets this done i would lub him forever...
Kingsama

Postby ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm

There is no way this happens. But its offseason and we love to dream. But first you have to be realistic. These deals I see (like LO for the 2nd and 5th pick- yeah right) are rediculous. If it were to happen it would look like this:

Sonics Get:
58th pick
2008 Charlotte 2nd round pick
cash considerations

Lakers Get:
24th pick

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heat Get:
F Lamar Odom
G Jordan Farmar
24th pick
(Possibly S&T Ronny Turiaf)

Lakers Get:
C Mark Blount
G Marcus Banks
2nd pick

----------------------------------------------------------------

HEAT Lineup:
PG Jordan Farmar
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Shawn Marion
PF Lamar Odom
C Udonis Haslem

Lakers Lineup:
PG Derek Fisher/OJ Mayo
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Kobe Bryant
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7

Postby Chicano on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:58 pm

C'mon people, be real, just how legit IS THIS? Why has this not been mentioned/talked about AT ALL whatsoever in the mainstream really? I heard about the possibility in the mainstream about miami possibly trading their pick, but I heard about 5 or 6 teams interested or in it, and none were the Lakers.

Well, I guess we'll obviously see tomorrow. Frankly, I don't expect a damn thing to happen, would be heIIa nice if it did, but I highly doubt it. Anyone else actually realistically expect something to happen? :man3:
Chicano

Postby last stand on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Chicano wrote:C'mon people, be real, just how legit IS THIS? Why has this not been mentioned/talked about AT ALL whatsoever in the mainstream really? I heard about the possibility in the mainstream about miami possibly trading their pick, but I heard about 5 or 6 teams interested or in it, and none were the Lakers.

Well, I guess we'll obviously see tomorrow. Frankly, I don't expect a damn thing to happen, would be heIIa nice if it did, but I highly doubt it. Anyone else actually realistically expect something to happen? :man3:

at this point i think nothing happens period tommorrow noteworthy for us

but about the mainstream thing there are chances that noones heard about it

noone knew anything about gasol till it was announced
last stand

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:12 pm

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:There is no way this happens. But its offseason and we love to dream. But first you have to be realistic. These deals I see (like LO for the 2nd and 5th pick- yeah right) are rediculous. If it were to happen it would look like this:

Sonics Get:
58th pick
2008 Charlotte 2nd round pick
cash considerations

Lakers Get:
24th pick

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heat Get:
F Lamar Odom
G Jordan Farmar
24th pick
(Possibly S&T Ronny Turiaf)

Lakers Get:
C Mark Blount
G Marcus Banks
2nd pick

----------------------------------------------------------------

HEAT Lineup:
PG Jordan Farmar
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Shawn Marion
PF Lamar Odom
C Udonis Haslem

Lakers Lineup:
PG Derek Fisher/OJ Mayo
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Kobe Bryant
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

Horrible trade idea....SEA trades the 24 for basically nothing (except saving money which might be a plus for them). But besides that, we're trading LO (and his valuable expiring contract), Farmar, and Turiaf for Mayo, a backup C, and a 3rd string PG??? I'll pass. Then you see what MIA's left with....unless they plan to go EXTREMELY small, this trade makes no sense for them. I mean, Haslem is already undersized for a PF, but after this trade he'd be their full time C???
Last edited by Mark McNamara on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McNamara

Postby Jajwa on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 pm

It's not a horrible trade idea. I seriously don't think you comprehend how much we'll need a franchise player in five years. Odom doesn't help us now at the SF position. He's just not a good player there so to maneuver and find a way to get a franchise player by using him and Farmar a guy who has defensive lapses galore is actually a fantastic move.
Jajwa

PreviousNext

Return to Sourced Rumors