ESPN Radio: Lakers/Miami Rumors Heating Up (Not Marion)

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:50 pm

d33pzone wrote:
Chicano wrote:
d33pzone wrote:
JSM wrote:
purplengoldjonez wrote:I first saw this and though it was a joke. Why the hell is it the headline story on CL??

Traffic generator.

Truthfully?
Brilliant sarcasm.

It isn't sarcasm. That line was directed at BB in a previous post, not you.
Brilliant sarcasm.
Chicano

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:59 pm

d33pzone wrote:
Chicano wrote:
d33pzone wrote:
JSM wrote:
purplengoldjonez wrote:I first saw this and though it was a joke. Why the hell is it the headline story on CL??

Traffic generator.

Truthfully?
Brilliant sarcasm.

It isn't sarcasm. That line was directed at BB in a previous post, not you. I want to know if the rumor was purposely put on the front page simply to generate traffic. I spent the greater part my morning searching for information, and I was unable to find anything. Then at noon, Chad Ford comes on ESPNNEWS and says the Miami Heat are going to take Michael Beasley because they didn't like any of the deals presented to them. I understand it's my fault for getting excited at something that says rumor, but I would expect that this rumor would have some credibility and a reputable source. ESPN radio doesn't do it for me. And if JSM has some information that I don't, then I apologize to him if he takes offense to this post.

First off, it says "RUMOR" in giant letters on the front page image.

Secondly, when you click on it, it clearly states in the first 2 words that it's from ESPN Radio as the source of this alleged "rumor":

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks...

So I'm not really sure where the source of your being offended is coming from. Whoever posted that graphic to generate interest was completely up front and truthful about where it came from and that it was just a rumor (thus meaning it wasn't official and is unlikely). If "ESPN Radio doesn't do it for you" then by all means please navigate away from the page after you read the first 2 words of that report to save yourself the aggravation.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Banks for Walton? Saw this on another message board:

Take this "rumor" with a grain of salt (I know I am) but according to KFAN in Minnesota, the Heat are interested in trading for Luke Walton.

Now after I got my initial "WHY" scream out of the way, I got to thinking that I wish this were true.

That said, because Miami is VERY interested in building cap space in 2009 and Walton's deal goes beyond that (and I highly doubt they hurt that plan for Luke of all people), they'd want to dump someone of a similar deal in 09-10. I doubt they part with Haslem (I WISH) and I doubt LA has any interest in Blount (Plus he is being shopped heavily with that #2 pick, the rumors are aplenty).......

So really that brings us to our good friend, and oft-mentioned acquisition, Marcus Banks as the most realistic option.

Banks' deal has 3 years at about 12+ mil. He is owed 4.464 mil in 09-10.
Walton's deal has 5 years at about 26+ mil. He is owed 4.84 mil in 09-10.
They can be traded in a straight swap.

So while the Heat obviously take on the longer deal, their added salary for 09-10 is minimal and that is most likely what the Heat are focused on.

Again, I don't know how much I buy this rumor...... it makes sense on some level for the Heat. They don't care much for Banks and acquiring Walton for him saves them the trouble of having to sign a SF while still having Banks' contract on the books.

So would you guys do a Marcus Banks for Luke Walton deal?

I know I would. Get a 3rd string PG who plays defense, get a good amount of cap relief that can be allocated towards the several contractual obligations the Lakers are soon to be making and most of all we'd be freed of Walton and clear some of that glut at SF. Phil may actually give those minutes to Ariza!!
westcoast21

Postby d33pzone on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

^ What's wrong with you? I give you an explanation and you repeat the same line? You're weird.
d33pzone

Postby Radner on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 pm

I would love to trade Luke for Banks. Not only are we cutting salary but we also get a solid defender who can give Jordan some competition.
Radner

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:07 pm

A.T.G.R.O.L
westcoast21

Postby leakbrewergator on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Radner wrote:I would love to trade Luke for Banks. Not only are we cutting salary but we also get a solid defender who can give Jordan some competition.

yeah I was a lil upset when Banks fell through during the Chris Mihm deal. I would like to get another crack at bringing him in.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:07 pm

d33pzone wrote:You're weird.
Barely noticed? :man10:
Chicano

Postby d33pzone on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
d33pzone wrote:
Chicano wrote:
d33pzone wrote:
JSM wrote:

Traffic generator.

Truthfully?
Brilliant sarcasm.

It isn't sarcasm. That line was directed at BB in a previous post, not you. I want to know if the rumor was purposely put on the front page simply to generate traffic. I spent the greater part my morning searching for information, and I was unable to find anything. Then at noon, Chad Ford comes on ESPNNEWS and says the Miami Heat are going to take Michael Beasley because they didn't like any of the deals presented to them. I understand it's my fault for getting excited at something that says rumor, but I would expect that this rumor would have some credibility and a reputable source. ESPN radio doesn't do it for me. And if JSM has some information that I don't, then I apologize to him if he takes offense to this post.

First off, it says "RUMOR" in giant letters on the front page image.

Secondly, when you click on it, it clearly states in the first 2 words that it's from ESPN Radio as the source of this alleged "rumor":

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks...

So I'm not really sure where the source of your being offended is coming from. Whoever posted that graphic to generate interest was completely up front and truthful about where it came from and that it was just a rumor (thus meaning it wasn't official and is unlikely). If "ESPN Radio doesn't do it for you" then by all means please navigate away from the page after you read the first 2 words of that report to save yourself the aggravation.

Maybe I should have used bold print on the sentence that said "I understand it's my fault for getting excited at something that says rumor". So trying to making me look like an idiot fails because you didn't read that sentence, and continue to harp on something that I admitted could've been my own fault.

And please, I'm not offended. Stop putting words in my mouth. Don't be upset because I questioned the motives of putting an extremely unlikely rumor on the front page.
d33pzone

Postby d33pzone on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Chicano wrote:
d33pzone wrote:You're weird.
Barely noticed? :man10:

I just don't understand you. Cool, no more problems from me.
d33pzone

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 pm

d33pzone wrote:Maybe I should have used bold print on the sentence that said "I understand it's my fault for getting excited at something that says rumor". So trying to making me look like an idiot fails because you didn't read that sentence, and continue to harp on something that I admitted could've been my own fault.

And please, I'm not offended. Stop putting words in my mouth. Don't be upset because I questioned the motives of putting an extremely unlikely rumor on the front page.

Easy tiger. The intention of my post wasn't to make you look like an idiot. I'm in the business of keeping members happy. I wanted to clear up any confusion you may have had. I'm sure the graphic was made with no intention of deceiving anyone (yourself included).

Also for the record, saying something "could've" been your fault isn't taking responsibility for anything. It was or it wasn't. Not sure why you're trying to back-peddle on what you were originally saying. If you had NO issue with that graphic, you wouldn't have dedicated an entire paragraph-long post to imply how it was nothing more than a deceitful ploy to generate traffic.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby d33pzone on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm

It sure seems that way when you make it a central point to show other members that it says "RUMOR" on the front page at my expense. I understood that. You should know that I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I apologize to you for taking the words that I used as offensive or upsetting.

No but the part where I say IT'S MY FAULT FOR GETTING EXCITED AND SOMETHING THAT SAYS RUMOR does the trick for me. What more do you want me to say. And sorry it isn't a backpedal. I said the wrong word, gosh. I'm sorry for that too. And I'm sorry for questioning a tactic, where other members on this thread have also asked why this story would be placed on the front page. There. That's five apologizes. I understand responsibility, I don't need someone to explain to me.
d33pzone

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Chicano

Postby Chicano on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:04 am

Can we change the front page of the site now? :man10:
Chicano

Previous

Return to Sourced Rumors